You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: How To Help My Daughter 2

Real Ghost Stories

How To Help My Daughter 2

 

Recently I posted a story reaching out to anyone that could help me with what my daughter is experiencing, and for a while all of the suggestions seemed to be helping, until recently. Yesterday she informed me that she has been hearing more voices. She heard someone calling her name and also someone saying not to be afraid. She appeared fine with it all day and didn't appear to be fearful, until it came time for her to go to bed. When bedtime came she became frantic about not wanting to sleep in her room. She continually stared at an area near her closet floor and was prepped to flee from her room, begging to sleep in her brother's room and shaking profusely in fear. When I asked what it was she saw there, she explained that she has now been seeing little balls of light in that corner, in addition to shadows moving through her room. I, of course, couldn't see anything, but the feeling in her room was extremely charged with energy... Most likely her own from being so distraught. I have never seen her display this much fear before and she was very near to clawing her way past me to escape from the room.

She doesn't like to have her blinds in her room closed and I have a sneaking suspicion that some of the shadows she is seeing may possibly be from car lights or perhaps (because the shadows just recently transpired also) from the clouds passing over the full moon we just had. However, given that she has now been hearing more voices, I don't know what to make of it. Regardless of the spirits intentions, she is inconsolably petrified and no amount of discussion or rationalization is helping. I don't know if this will help the situation at all, but I was planning to go through the clutter in her room and give it a facelift to freshen it up. Currently it is an absolute disaster! To be honest, if there is a spirit living in her room, I wish it would clean the place up! I will also be re-arranging her furniture to help eliminate any non-paranormal shadows or lights she may be seeing and see if this helps the situation.

Is there anything else that I can put into her room to help? I have thought about putting a dream catcher in there just to see if that would help. She used to have a small one that did help to eliminate her bad dreams (which she suffers from a lot) and it did help, until it became damaged and broken. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Also, why would it be that she only sees and hears these things when she is alone? My son is 11 and for some reason when she is sleeping with him she doesn't see or hear anything.

Other hauntings by trueckl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, trueckl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

swordsman (22 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-24)
I grew up with an unusual artifact my dad brought back from papua new guinea. It is a strange thing I still do not fully understand today. Anyway when I was young I was terrified of this thing, I had all sorts of scary experiences thanks to it. Only recently did I realise it is infact a guardian that has been watching over my family and it has done a wonderful job in doing so!
My point is that there is a chance that whatever is bothering your wee girl may infact be a good thing, even if it is unknowingly scaring the poor kid.
Odds are whatever it is has been on the land for quite some time. If I were you I would ask an elder of the people native to the area, odds are they know what it is.
kidmedium (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-23)
Sometimes when kids are mediums, they get really scared. When kids think they see something when their alone, they feel vonerable, and when their with someone else, they feel more safe. Try letting her keep some light or sounds in her room. Ocean sounds would be good, but they are sometimes not so loud. Light would be good too. You could try and let her sleep with her lights on.
trueckl (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Thank you to all who posted your warm thoughts and advice! It took a long time for this article to get posted, but in the meantime, I did go through her room and clean and re-organize, as well as I got her a dream catcher to place above her bed. She has since informed me that she hasn't been having nightmares and she hasn't been seeing things. I however, have been seeing more things. The other night I woke up to use the bathroom and in the entrance way of the bathroom I saw the distinct shadow of the tall man I have seen so many times out of the corners of my eyes. I looked down to try and clear my eyes in the event that the cobwebs of sleep had made them bleary and when I looked back up, he was gone. Whether he was still there and I just couldn't see him I don't know, but I went to the bathroom and thought to myself, I'm going to the bathroom and if you are there I really don't care. I didn't sense any animosity from the shadow and I wasn't at all fearful, nor have I been any of the times I have seen him in the past.

Last night, as I was sitting in my living room, I caught my dog staring up intently at the ceiling in the kitchen, then all of a sudden, without warning, she bolted by me into the living room like something had scared the crap out of her (this is a dog that is completely unafraid of anything). I have never seen her display this type of behavior before and needless to say it scared me to the point that I thought someone might have silently gotten into the house, and I launched (literally) from my reclined position in my chair, and flew into the kitchen to find that there was absolutely nothing there at all. I was so shook up by her reaction that it took me a while to stop shaking, not because I thought there was a ghost there, but because I thought someone had broken in. Thank God that wasn't the case! But needless to say, she saw something that frightened her that I couldn't see at that time. So to sum up, activity is down in my daughter's bedroom, but it's up in the rest of the house. I'll keep you posted on any new events.

Thanks to all! 😊
preacher (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
If you are christian, then I would say do not put your faith in objects but in God and pray. I read a book somtime ago by a woman who said we should should ask God to share the burdens of our friends and loved ones when they have problems to lighten there load. God bless
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Cleaning up the room may not eliminate the problem, but it can't hurt either. Cluttered spaces appeal to negative energy. Cleaning and organizing the room may help healthy energy flow.
Funny Miracles mentioning crystals, cause as I was reading this I was thinking "a rose quartz may help settle this girl." Rose quartz projects feelings of love and comfort. It sounds crazy, but on a bad day carrying a rose quartz with me helps my nerves alot. Smoky quartz is a good choice as well, it absorbs negative energy. Try to find those crystals and keep in her room.
I agree with the folks who suggest spending the night in her room. Also, Cosmo is right about putting a camera or some sort of recording device in her room. Can't hurt to gather all the evidence possible. You may even discover it has a natural explanation. I'm sure that your daughter finds comfort in having you there to help her.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
I was going to say the same thing as Pjod and suggest you spend a night in her room. You might be able to experience what she is. You can also try setting up a video camera in your daugther's room at night. When you watch the video, if you see her reacting to things that can be explained you can tell her. "this shadow was caused by a car passing by", or "this is the street lamp", or "this was caused by someone walking across the street" Then if you see or hear something that has no explanation you can go from there. I agree with Lou and believe that your daughter is sensitive and maybe a nice makeover of her room will help her feel more comfortable. I hope everything turns out well. Please keep us posted. 😊 ❤
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
I think you are doing a great job with her... And have some good ideas about the room. Have you tried spending a night alone in her room? If not, I think it very important to do so... At least a night or two.
As far as you Kericho... Your ignorance know no bounds. If trolling is your goal, you picked the wrong board. Perhaps you are unaware how such hateful remarks have a tendancy of taking a life of it's own, only to strike back at it's creator when it has no other place to go. I hope you enjoy what ever form it manifests into, when it comes home to you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
trueckl, I commend you on the path you are taking with your daughter. Although a facelift may not make the spirits go away, it may brighten the atmosphere somewhat.

Do get the dreamcatcher and make sure and remind her what it is for. There are other very knowledgeable posters here who will give you great advice on what crystals to get. Zzsgranny and BadJuuJuu are 2.

The fact that you are acknowledging her fears, instead of denying them, is a great step in helping her overcome them. Some of them, as you said, may be normal, every day (or night) things. But then again, they may not. But your belief in your daughter, and your willingness to help, makes you a great mom in my book ❤

My daughter was 14 before she told me she'd been hearing and seeing things. I wish she'd told me long before that. I could have shared things with her so much earlier. Maybe she wouldn't have felt so alone. My little boy (who is almost 9) has been aware almost all of his life. Open communication with my children has been the best thing for them, and me. My best to you and yours.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
trueckl,
Your daughter obviously has some level of sensitivity, which we all possess, but that seems to be heightened when we are young, innocent, and less biased by what we are told to believe. Any object that makes your daughter feel better, and changes you can make to brighten the room and make it a more friendly environment should help.
With regards to the previous poster, ignore the ignorant... Fear of the unknown usually manifests itself as animosity when faced by the uneducated.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: