You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sad, Scared, Angry

Real Ghost Stories

Sad, Scared, Angry

 

This happened a couple of weeks ago, beginning on 8-18-10. It was dark, cloudy, and windy, but it just wouldn't rain. There was a ton of excess energy in the environment, which I think played a huge role in this. My husband and I had been busy that day, and had been driving all over running errands. All that day I had been feeling sad, but it didn't seem like my sadness. I sometimes pick up stray emotions. I told Brad so he wouldn't think I was upset with him, and since he knows how I am, he shrugged it off as normal for me.

We headed back home, me still feeling down. When we got to the house, I let him out, because we had forgotten to pick up a newspaper in town. We had to take 2 of our 5 cats to the vet to be spayed, and needed the newspaper to line the carrier. I headed back into town, got the paper, and started home. About halfway home, the sadness got overpowering. I felt I wasn't alone in the car. I said "If there is anyone here, anyone who is making me feel sad, I don't understand your message. It's just not clicking for me. If you can make the message clearer, that would be awesome."

A few minutes later I turned onto my road, and the wind blew several leaves across the road in front of me. At that moment, I felt so frightened. I was crying from fear. I turned into our driveway, and saw Brad next door talking to the neighbor. I just ran inside, pretending not to see them, and sat down on the floor. I was frightened enough that I had started to hyperventilate. Brad came in, sat down next to me and put his arms around me, asking what was wrong. I explained to him about the fear, and he tells me "Well, shut it out. We don't have time for this today." As mean as that sounds on the surface, it snapped me back to my own emotions, and my own responsibilities. Oddly enough, it was the exact right thing to tell me. The rest of the day was pretty quiet; we took the cats to vet and came home.

The next morning, I walked into the kitchen, and saw one of our cats, Spooky, playing at the other end of the room. I leaned against the refrigerator to watch her. She looked up at me, her fur stood on end; she crouched down, then shot behind the stove to hide. I tried to coax her out; she wasn't having any part of it. Brad finally got her out and calmed her down. I was worried that she had reacted to me that way, but tried to ignore it. After all, we didn't name her Spooky for nothing. She is scared of almost everything. I didn't notice anything else odd that day.

The next morning, I went into the kitchen. Another of our herd of cats, Oz, was lying on the desk. A brief word about Oz, she's big, she's bold, and she is scared of nothing. Oz took one look at me, froze, and started backing away, scared to death. I was stunned. I had never seen her act like that. I called her name, and she looked at me like she finally recognized me, and came over to be petted. But, that genuinely concerned me. Oz just doesn't get scared. Combined with the other weirdness, I was getting truly freaked out.

I went to pick Brad up from work that evening, and as soon as he got in the car I was mad at him. Just furious. And all he did was ask me how my day went. Nothing to be angry over. We got home, me not speaking to him, although he tried his best to get me to. He went to shower and changed, I sat down at the desk thinking how mad I was, and wondering why. Brad came to sit by me a few minutes later, and said "I have something freaky to show you," and he pulls up the sleeve of his T-shirt. On his upper left arm were bright purple bruises in the shape of fingers. 4 bruises. You could make out the joints in the finger marks, they were that clear. I started to cry, hoping I hadn't done it, pretty sure I hadn't, but I'm a rough sleeper and wasn't 100% sure. I said "I didn't do that?" He said "No. Something grabbed my arm last night and tried to pull me out of bed. You were still asleep on my other side." I was scared and crying again. The weird anger I had felt was gone. All I wanted was for whatever was in my house to leave.

The next evening, I talked to a friend from this site, and she told me to hurry up and explain to whoever had followed me home what the house rules are. Normally I do that as soon as I sense an unfamiliar presence, but not this time. I'd been feeling out of sorts for a few weeks, and this presence caught me at a weak point. I took my friends advice, and gave my "ghost speech," telling the space around me that anyone is welcome in my home, as long as they do not hurt or scare any member of the household, anyone with positive intent is welcome, anyone with intent to harm must leave, but crossing over to the Light to rejoin lost loved ones is a much better option than hanging around my house anyway. After I gave my little speech, the air in the house seemed to lift, the cats started acting normal (for them) and Brad hasn't had any more night attacks. My emotions have been all my own. That presence has not been back. I hope it stays that way.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BadJuuJuu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
Shini, I didn't cc whitebuffalo because she is dealing with something personal right now.

I'll check with her in a day or so and see if she happened to have caught wind of this and has talked to you about it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
Shini, check your email. I have also cc'd zzsgranny. Hopefully she'll see one of these and get back to you.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
Miracles- Nope, I assumed everyone was busy and hadn't had a chance to look at comments. Thanks for checking up on it, though. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
Shini, just checking to see if anyone's talked to you about empaths.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
BadJuuJuu and/ or WhiteBuffalo, or anyone else for that matter who knows about empaths: Could you send me an email?
Oh, and BadJuuJuu- Do you have a laptop with WiFi? If so, you can hook up to other connections in the area... Fo' free. 😊
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Psychic abilities like empathy tend to increase as we get older.
Also there are some beings out there that are able to give off large amount of energies, so much that even if someone is very skilled at shileding can be distracted.

I too try my hand in envisioning white light arround me.
I feel safer when doing that at times ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
BJJ - finally! I thought the aliens had kidnapped you too and didn't bring you back πŸ˜† Or else you were stuck in Middle Earth πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

Stop being so cheap! We miss you and your presence is required on the Discussion Board!

See you soon!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Hey all. Been a little absent. I sort of did a rather large download... And used up all my internet time for the month in the process...I'll be scarce for a couple weeks until my internet resets. Facebook will barely even load for me. Sorry bout that.
As to me having empathic abilities, I consider myself very lucky that those abilities are weak. Most of the emotions that come through are just enough for me to notice, but not enough to be distracting. I can usually just ignore it and go on about my business. This event was unusual, I very rarely pick up anything that strongly. I have never really done much in the way of shielding myself, since I rarely have anything come through strongly. I should start though, since sometimes something comes through unexpectedly. When I feel a bit overwhelmed, I try to envision myself surrounded by white light, then harden that light into a shield. It seems to help.
Thanks a lot everyone. Your comments and thoughts have been very helpful. ❀
I'll be back on regularly when either my internet resets, or I quit being so cheap and upgrade to more minutes lol.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
And see, I would be the one approaching something, possibly forgetting to Protect in my eagerness, and my son would be pulling me back.
To me, I would think it could be a blessing to be the sole individual who can sense things, as opposed to having FOUR living in the same house. The areas and degrees of expertise are different, mind you, but I can not HIDE an entity from THIS family.
Wado.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Funny enough and you know I have spoken to you privately about my theory and sure enough, it was back last night as I had expected... Quite annoying actually, but my strategy is to give it no acknowledgment at all... And deny its existence which removes its power... As I said my wife who never picks up on any thing in general... At the end of this month was becoming a little agitated and uncomfortable with the activity in our home... The key for me and controlling unwelcome intruders, is keeping my family safe and confident in my ability to control our domain... And I will never tell them or inform them of negative energies that sometimes enter...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
wb - so funny you should ask that. I was going to post this very same thing on our Discussion Board tonight, but thought I'd wait because there is something important on there right now that I really think we all need to put our thoughts into.

But this very subject came up, literally, for me Monday. It's something that does need to be talked about.

Sorry, BJJ πŸ˜†
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
❀ Awww, Daz. You...you. 😊

Just had a thought: With you OBVIOUSLY being emphatic, what do you do for daily protection against absorption, BJJ?
Wado.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
You have taught us well seeker, doesn't mean your work here is done...cheers.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Hmmm. OK. There is nothing left for ME to say! All you Loonies took all my thoughts. What is WRONG with you guys?
amit1807 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
I have not had any experience of paranormal or of ghosts or spirits. Nevertheless, it attracts and appeals to my fancy! This one was a nice story, though I do feel that you are lucky in a sense that whoever it was who was bothering you went away only on the basis of a speech. Perhaps your speech gave it the message that you are mentally strong and hence will not let it bother you, and therefore it left. I sure hope that people take note of this. Be mentally strong and then such things will not affect you. I would, however, welcome comments on what should be done if the happenings do not subside even though the person is mentally strong.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
BJJ...My mind is ticking over on this one and I'm considering my credibility on putting forward one of my theories... But perhaps I'll wait a little while and talk with you privately, should this intruder still cause you a problem... I have had similar experiences to this one on more than one occasion... Your advise so far is correct... Let it know the rules... Your house is your kingdom and no one living or decease has a right to invade your space or attempt to invade your mind... And that's what's going on here its objective is to bring on a depression and cause havoc in your personal life... In my opinion it purposely scared your cats and grabbed your husbands arm... To gain some physiological advantage... YOUR SCARED...that's what it wants... What is really important and very easy for me to say... Show no fear... Lay down your house rules and remove any negative thoughts about it... Recently our range wood was ripped of the wall... My wife asked me if I thought it was a ghost... My answer = NO... The reason why I told my wife that... Is for her not to be frighten... Good luck BJJ... And a story like this coming from you is not to be taken lightly and remember the loonys are all behind you.

Best wishes Daz ❀
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
You are an empath. Sometimes it is good to shield yourself from other peoples' and entities' emotions at times.

It can be quite bothersome after awhile. Especially in public.

You have 5 CATS. 😲 wow
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Wow BJJ what I was going to mention has already been cleared up by the other loonys I am glad all was well in the end and hopefully it has moved on.
It definitely seems you were targeted for your ability to sense and perceive these things, it seems that this gift can be troublsome sometimes but I gather that it does have its good side also. Always great to hear your stories BJJ all the best to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Miracles: And there's the "three" thing again?...Three Loonies, and the 30th...hummmmm...I'm enjoying following these threes around!...I've gotten to where I actually LOOK for them! πŸ˜† ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
BJJ, wish I could remember the 30th clearly. I think it very strange that 3 Loonies would submit stories on the same day. Seem ironic to you at all? All things considered, both your story and Daz's were true August stories, but mine wasn't August and it wasn't even this year. Just seems a bit weird to me that we all chose the same day. But then again, could be just me πŸ˜†
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
LOL! I didn't notice the dates.
Shini, I haven't posted that story yet. I'll get around to it sometime soon though. 😊
Lana, glad I could help a bit. It can be so unnerving to feel stuff and not know where the heck it's coming from.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
BadJuuJuu - oops, I forgot to say you are welcome 😊. Okay I need 10 more...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
BJJ, no apologies necessary. You didn't have to tell me you were submitting this πŸ˜‰. I'm just glad you did.

Look at the date on your story, Daz's and mine.
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Thanx BJJ:) I have just always wondered what it was when I just felt sad for no reason and sometimes angry... This story and what you said clears it up tyvm:)
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
BadJuuJuu- Is the experience with the being on the road posted? I haven't had a chance to read all of your stories, but that one sounds pretty interesting, and you normally write a pretty good story. 😊

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who seems to have weird stuff following them. I ran out of fingers to count everything weird that's wanted to say "hi!". πŸ˜†
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Hey all, as always thanks for reading.
Shinigami, I'm glad things are back to normal as well lol. That entity wasn't a happy sort. Oddly, Oz was originally Ozzy. Oz just seemed to fit her better lol.
Miracles- I notice that all of our stories seem to involve nearly the entire family. I shoulda told you I was putting this up, and once again, thanks for the kickstart in telling that presence to behave. 😁
Cosmo, I hadn't thought of that. Maybe she did have a grudge against men. I do feel lucky to have a guy who doesn't run screaming when weird things happen though. Especially since wherever I am, weird quickly follows.
Lana, it's possible. I think most people who can sense the paranormal have some empathic ability.
Granny, I don't think there is a connection between this latest experience and the being (s?) we saw at the roadside. This presence felt human. She was an angry human, but human. The white elementals haven't put in an appearance in quite awhile. They may have gotten bored with us lol.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
BJJ: Wow, that was wierd, HUH?...Yea, I think you were at a weak point and the spirit chose that time to pay you and Brad a visit... Wonder if this entity has anything to do with the other you guys saw?...I ask because both of you saw this thing outside, either on the road or in your drive... Do you feel there could be a connection?

I hope your speach did the trick... Even if they're still hangin' around, you probably won't hear too much from them! πŸ˜† ❀
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Interesting story, explains a lot TY... I too have had days where I just wake up and I feel completely sad, alone and angry and can never explain why I even break down into tears and want to be left alone and then a few days pass and I feel fine and can never question what made me so sad and angry... I wonder if this could be the same or something else?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
Hey BJJ, I'm so sorry this happened. Whoever this spirit was must have been deeply hurt by someone, possibly a man since it chose to grab your poor hubby. It's very sweet how Brad is so supportive and understanding of you. I'm glad you were able to lay down the law before it got out of control. Peace to you and yours my friend 😊 ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-15)
BJJ - you didn't tell me you were submitting this! Bout time! Notice anything ironic about your story, mine and Daz's? I'll give you a minute. πŸ˜†

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: