You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My First Experience With The Supernatural

Real Ghost Stories

My First Experience With The Supernatural

 

First of all, thank you for taking the time to read my experience. I am new to this website. So I have many questions about my experiences, and I am hoping that you guys can help me out. I am not used to anything paranormal; I am not psychic or have any supernatural abilities whatsoever. Yet there is this spirit, demon, angel or whatever it may be in my house. I live in Corona, California. I am eighteen years old, about to turn nineteen in a few months.

About two years ago, I began to have an interest in the supernatural. This included developing a taste for horror movies, ghost stories, and shows. It just sort of became a hobby. I never did try a Ouija board or try to communicate with anything. I know simply having an interest and opening myself up to the supernatural field could be an invitation, yet I am not sure if this is the cause of the recent activity within my home.

It all started around the beginning of my senior year in high school. There was nothing special or unordinary that occurred in my life at this time, no deaths in the family, tragic events, or illnesses. I was simply studying hard and pursuing my education. The first event happened at night, when I was woken up to something rubbing my right arm. I looked over, not feeling scared or startled, only to see an apparition of a hand stroking my arm. I stared in confusion for about five seconds before it disappeared. I understand that I was in the middle of sleep, and this could have very easily been a dream. At the time I was more than certain that the occurrence had been a vivid dream, for in reality I would have been terrified at such a sight.

I had always felt comfortable in my house; there were no bumps in the night or unexplainable sounds or apparitions. We have lived in this house for about seven years now, there was no one living in the house before us. It was after this "dream" that the house started to feel uncomfortable for me. My room is at the end of a hallway. When I would walk towards my room, around the middle of the hallway I would feel something grab hold of either my hips or my waist in an effort to push me to walk faster. I could feel the fingers and palms; it definitely felt like a human hand. They did not feel warm or cold, they simply had no temperature. The first time that this happened, I was terrified. My legs gave out from under me and I was horrified. This happened several times, to where I would prefer all the lights to be on when I walked to my room. This invisible force always grabs me in the same way, never attempting any further actions.

This still currently happens. I have only seen the figure once. Most of its activity occurs in the hallway, though I can feel it following me around the house once in a while. Rarely will it go into my room, where I can hear things shuffling around in my room at night, such as my papers being thrown off the desk. It never speaks or makes verbal sounds. Occasionally I'll find things misplaced, such as bags or various CD's, which are things I do not move around a lot. When I do find them, they are in spots that I would never have put them in, such as a bathroom drawer. Though I do not know if this is a cause of the spirit, I am simply putting it out there to be observed.

Once I saw it as I was closing the door in my room and I turned around to make sure the door would close quietly, for my baby sister was asleep in the next room. As I turned I saw a dark figure standing in the middle of the hall. I got the chills because my first thought was that this was someone who had broke in the house (the rest of my family was asleep). This was when it was easy to tell that this was something else. It wasn't moving, and it looked like a shadow resembling the shape of a grown man but maybe a little taller. I froze, afraid that the figure would try to come closer or somehow hurt me. The mere presence of it had me trembling; it did not feel good or kind in any form. I closed the door quickly and stayed awake with my sister for the rest of the night.

It has been about six months or so since that night. The supernatural activity has not decreased since. Once in a while there will be nothing for a couple of days, and then it seems to return. It seems to focus on me while almost ignoring the rest of the family members, though I cannot speak for my baby sister who is just an infant. Her room is next to the hall in which the spirit is usually found, I cannot say that she hasn't seen it because she would have no way of telling me. It does not show itself very often (it has only shown me its appearance once), but it tends to gravitate towards some form of touching or grabbing.

This spirit or entity tends to try to grab my shoulders or waist, usually to push me (not aggressively, usually just to make me walk faster) or to simply have its hands on me. It scares me a lot, and it tends to show up at random times. I live in the house with my parents and my three siblings. None of them have brought up anything about seeing or feeling weird things in the house, though I am the only one in the house that believes such things exist.

I have not brought this up to my parents. They are both Christians who have brought me up the same way. They are very strict as they believe that ghosts do not exist and if you were to see one, it would be an evil demon. They also believe that such things are not allowed to approach a Christian. If you tell them differently they can be very condemning. So you can understand why I would want to avoid this topic with them. I believe in God and pray to Him, but it doesn't seem to rid me of my problem.

Please help me out. I want to know what this spirit is exactly and why it's following me around. I have not attempted to speak to it because I am afraid of how it would respond. So I have absolutely no background or knowledge of its character or intentions. I am not familiar with different types of ghosts or spirits so I would appreciate it if you gave your insight on what this might be.

Thank you for listening, and please inform me of any similar story you may have or of any helpful information on my situation.

Feel free to e-mail me. Thanks again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Britt13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Firstly Britt13 it seems your account has been deleted so there is no access to your profile. It sounds as if this spirit may have been invited into your home? As you mentioned it is possible that having an interest in the paranormal could invite these entities to you, the other possibility is that you have recently come into possesion of a certain object that it could be attached to? Has any other family member noticed anything out of the ordinary since this began?
You can try talking out loud to this entity telling it that it is not welcome in your home etc otherwise there are certain rituals, ceremonies that can be done which you can find here on this website. All the best to you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Tysone (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
I onec had a simaler incounter I was dreaming and in my dream I was in a place that looked as if the world was a wastland it was all destroyed and the sky was on fire I fell to the ground and I looked at myself my skin was red skin black wings I said oh my god and I awoke but I couldent controll my bodie and I started speaking in a diferent toung and my voice was different voice and my demon self from my dream apperd and pointed at my and became a ed assence and went into my bodie and I could move again everynite I feel a burning sensashion in my chest and everytime I wake up in the midil of the night and speak that weird toung that in my dreams called Demonic
sinner (guest)
-1
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Fist off, do you know anyone who has died recently?

Watching certain movies (like for example: The Exorcist) and reading certain books can open doors to demonic trouble.

I would really encourage you to get a St. Benedict Medal. You can order one and have a priest bless it.

PS: and NO, I am not a religious freak, I just like being on the safe side.

Rebecca C.
aravindganesh (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
first of all I just want to clarify some points
1. Is this spirit troubling you since the birth of your infant sister?
2. Does that spirit resemble any of your family members or fiends? Or does it looks like someone known to you?
3. Do you feel your confidence level going down when the spirit is near you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: