You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mocking Ghosts Surrounded My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Mocking Ghosts Surrounded My Bed

 

This is an experience I had when I was 17 when I decided I would spend the night at a boyfriend's house. He lived at a farm house that was set out in the country. I slept in the guest bedroom and had no problems until morning. As I woke up in the morning, I decided to lounge in bed for a moment before I got up. I knew the family was outside working on feeding the animals and other farm chores.

As I lay in bed, admiring the sun shining into the room, and the pretty furnishings... I was suddenly overcome by the sensations of whispering and then loud voices and the presence of many people standing clustered around the bed and hovering over me. (I had the distinct impression of the civil war era) They were all speaking at once, criticizing, mocking, scolding, and in general being cruel and hostile. I was horrified and squeezed my eyes tight and prayed. I felt like I could barely breathe. When the sensation passed, I quickly got up left that house.

I mentioned it to my boyfriend, but he was uncomfortable with hearing about it, and didn't have much to offer. This was a vivid encounter for me that I never forgot. The strangest thing for me was the way they were treating me, as if I was invading their home or family. I speculate that these might have been ancestors of this family. I really don't know, but it was such a unique experience for me I thought I would share it with you all and see if perhaps there are other people who may have had a similar encounter.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, angimomee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
Considering how that generation was, and everyone pulled their way, maybe they were thinking you were lazy laying in bed enjoying yourself. We're talking about people who thought getting up at 7am was late! LOL
Just a historical thought. 😉
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
I'm wondering if this is not a residual haunting...

Civil war era... Someone found a wounded soilder, placed him in this room to tend to his wounds and it was descovered he was 'the enemy'...

Can you imagine how the family would act, the emotions would certianly have been amplified and this possibly left a 'recording' of the incident and you witnessed it replaying... Just a thought...

Respectfully,

Rook
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
angimomee: Were these attacks directed at yourself or was it just involving themselves? I wonder if your boyfriends family ever witnessed anything? Maybe they have and don't want to talk about it. They could be passed ancestors not recognising who you are and why you are in the house, or people connected to the land or the home before your boyfriends family resided there.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
RaWrPants73 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Hmm, these ghosts are probably upset about something going on in the house. Maybe you should have asked the family about it, or look up the house and see if anyone has died there. Or they could be demons! 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: