You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Woman

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman

 

Myself and my Fiancé recently moved into a 3 story home. We were so excited and had so many plans for the house. A few weeks went by and in such a short period of time (with the help of friends) we had all the rooms painted, new doors and brand new hardwood floors. Everything seemed to be coming together wonderfully.

I had to leave early one morning for a meeting at work... I kissed my fiancé goodbye and ran out the door. As I was pulling out of the long driveway I happened to look at the house and saw a woman looking out of one of the third floor windows, I looked again and she was gone. Passing it off as my eyes playing tricks I went to work.

When I got home that evening, my fiancé was on the front steps waiting for me..."I am not going into that house" he said... I was shocked and started questioning why? And what happened? If he was okay? And all he could say was "just open the door". I opened the door and a cold gust of wind hit me in the face... I opened the door some more and was shocked to see the whole main floor in shambles... Our furniture turned upside down, pictures broken; I went back outside and asked my fiancé what happened? All he could say was "I went to the store to buy paint thinner when I got back a woman was in one of the windows on the third floor... She looked upset angry... I ran in and went upstairs and she was gone... That's when the furniture started flying. I have been out here ever since".

I was totally shocked and scared... I didn't want to go back into the house and neither did he... We spent the night at a motel and a few days later put the house up for sale... I still don't know who that woman is or what she wanted but I do know she didn't like us there...

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissMel25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mrs_Davis27 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
I loved your story:) ! I think the woman was pissed because you guys were in her house & renovating it. I've read on here where sometimes you can tell the entity that this is your house now and she's dead she must go into the light. I don't know how effective this might've of been as if I was in your situation I would have also vacated immediately as you did! It would have freaked me out too.
hlevreginask (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
How awful to have this happen to you just when you are looking forward to living in your new home. What are your plans? Are you going to see about hiring a psychic to do a cleansing? You've invested so much of yourselves, it would be a shame to have to walk away, but then again, will you ever feel completely comfortable living in the house after this experience?
prudhvi (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
i think the women spirit was so upset with your activities, in my view once she was the owner if that house so you better to move from that place
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
it seems that the woman was upset. In my opinion, she could be the previous owner of the house. The place means so much to her and she was attached to the place that whatever renovation you did made her really upset and started messing around everything.

Cassie1083 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
im going to say that the ghost woman is a poltergeist (poltergeist means "noise ghost" in greek language) poltergeists can pick up heavy items like small kids/old people can't carry. Like most people can't pick up a couch, but a ghost can sometimes use psychokinesis (sy-ko-kin-ee'-sis) which is the ability to move things without touching them.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
so many questions... Have you spoken with any previous owners? Have you spoken with the current ones? Neighbors? Looked into any history?
Any of the above? I find it very hard to believe that anyone can not do any, or all of the above, after an experience like that.
After my bro's haunting, I at least was able to find out from the neighbors the high turn over the house had, as far as occupants.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Wow that's freaky I am agreeing with cosmo here the renovations could have stirred up the activity obviously the woman is not impressed with what was going on. Did you ever find anything about the history of the home?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
snowhite (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
I understand how you feel. Have you ever thought about let the priest to come and bless the house? You spent money on it, it is hard to give it up so easily.

Well, if I buy a house, I have to ask the owner if there were people died in this house and if the house is haunted. I know people may think I am crazy but who cares? In Taiwan, you can even tell the owner at front if the house is haunted, you will sue them. I am not sure people here would do that or not.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-16)
Sounds like this woman's spirit was pretty upset. Sometimes renovations will stir up paranormal activity. A spirit or entity will become angry and upset that changes are being made to a place that was once their home. I am glad that your husband was able to get out of the house without getting hurt. It's a shame you had to put the house up for sale, especially after putting so much into it. 😢

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: