You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Punches In My Chest

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Punches In My Chest

 

First of all I would like to say hi to you all considering that I am new to the site and this is my first story I post here (so bare with me if it turns out I am not a very experienced story teller).

I can't say I had any paranormal experiences in the apartment in which I live besides two or three times when my grandma told me that I was sleeping with my light turned on though I was sure I turned them off before I went to bed and haven't woken up during the night. And just to let you guys know, in the apartment I live in the only death I know that happened was my grandfather's death 13 years ago when I was 7, but in the building I know of two other deaths. I've been living in this apartment for 10 years now and besides the lights turning on that I explained earlier I never had any other problem since about 2-3 months ago.

It started out of nowhere when I was in my bed laying on my side trying to sleep and while awake I felt like a punch in the middle of my chest and immediately after I felt the punch like sensation I felt something like a small explosion of feelings the dominating one being fear. This happened for a few weeks a few times a night, two or three times getting punched hard enough to move an inch or two. After a while these punches, that I felt only when I was laying on my side while awake but with my eyes closed, rarefied, happening only once every 2-3 days or even a week. In early August of this year I went to Austria for 9 days and while there I haven't felt this punches at all but coming back to Bucharest they started again after a few days, but with a low frequency and I honestly don't know what to think of it.

I hope you can help me with some information and advice.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, boneshard17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

boneshard17 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
And I thank you for presenting this possibility to me whitebuffalo:P.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
IT does not hurt to have it checked out, though. Most of the people I know who go through Panic attacks (no matter their age) do not always KNOW the attack is on the way. They do not always THINK they are getting "ready to panic". It just "comes on" them.
Thank you for considering the possibility.
boneshard17 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
But thanks for the info and I will go have a physical just in case:P.
boneshard17 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
Hey whitebuffalo. Well my last physical was last year, the chest punch I feel like in the middle of my chest and I went to Austria for pleasure. I actually shared everything there is to share and I didn't know if it was paranormal or not so I tried to find some information here too maybe who knows. You are right about the similarities between what I got and the panic attack but don't know what to tell you according with the fact that when I felt this punches I wasn't afraid of something or worried about something at the intensity that it would make me afraid.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
boneshard17, may I ask the last time you had a complete physical?
When you get the chest punch, WHERE on the chest are you feeling it?
When you went to Austria for 9 days, business or pleasure?
Really, I do not sense anything paranormal here, unless there is a lot more that you have as of yet to share. I am concerned, though, as the description that you give, sound quite a bit like a panic attack. Panic attacks can feel like a radiating punch. You get the "slam" then "chilling" ripples of emotion or feelings.
Wado.
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
No the window wasn't open and the trash was full and it just fell over and went everywhere:) email me if you'd like lanafairy at hotmail dot com
boneshard17 (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
That would freak me out too Lanafairy81 lol but just out of curiosity: was it a window open?
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
It was very eerie:) considering you could hear the wind blowing as well... But what scared me the most was when the garbage can in my kitchen tipped over and no one was home but me and my ex and we were in the computer room.
boneshard17 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-19)
Hey Lanafairy81. Well actually I've visited Vlad's Castle in Bran (the one you are talking about) and it wasn't scary at all (considering that the first time I was there at about 10 years old:D). And about the church bells they usually ring in the morning in here but it would be eerie especially in an old village at midnight:D.
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
That would make me feel safe too:) I can admit though when I was in Germany I lived in a old village and at night at midnight the bells would ring from the churches tower it was kind of eerie for me. I see where in your profile you live in Romania:) I have always wanted to visit there:) there was a chance I had back in 2008 it was for Thursday-Sunday to stay in the village outside Translyvania's known castle where Vlad Tempes ruled... My ex boyfriend didn't want too LOL I think he was scared.
boneshard17 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
Correction: I meant more like 300-350 meters (sorry about that)
boneshard17 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
Hey Lanafairy81 and thanks for your advice. I tottaly agree with you about the fact that when death is involved our imagination does seem to grow wild. If it really is a ghost it never actually did anything to harm me or my family (like I said in the story only weird thing besides the punch like sensation was the lights going on in my without me turning them on) so I will lay down the rules just in case and if that doesn't work I'll try the cleasning (btw I always felt safer from evil because in let's say a 200 meters radius from the building in which is my apt. There are 3 churches).
Lanafairy81 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
Hello Boneshard
I too have had some sharp pains in my chest but mine feels more like my heart is racing or about to pop out of my chest.I've been told it's anxiety but who really knows. Perhaps its more? I do know sometimes when we hear a story about where we live if a death is involved our imaginations can run wild but at other times something is there... You can always try a cleansing take some sage and burn it as well as sandlewood incense and ask it nicely to leave and go to the light, but if you're fine with it living in your apartment you can always lay down the rules for it to stay there. The past few nights for me I couldn't sleep and was petrified to even want to go to bed... I took some Fairies Dreams incense and burned them before bedtime and I took a hot bath filled with lavender and some chamomille and as I soaked I sipped tension tamer herbal tea... And an hr before bed I cleared my mind of any ghostie thoughts and it helped me but everyone is different hope it works out for you. ❤
boneshard17 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
P.S. The pain is not actually phisical like and actual punch. It's more of a sensation of a punch followed by a small burst/explosion of emotions.
boneshard17 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-18)
I'll try that who knows maybe it works. Thanks for the advice.
badtay16 (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-17)
Well I don't know if it is a parinormal thing yet... Maybe you just feel pain in your chest or it might be a house spirit you should go in that room and ask nicely if you can stay in that room and you are sorry for not asking... Keep me informed! Good luck!

Taylor ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: