You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Toddler Sees Things In Our Home

Real Ghost Stories

Toddler Sees Things In Our Home

 

Ever since my little girl (now 3) was old enough to articulate she has been afraid of what she calls moms. This started at 18months and is something very real to her. She will run hysterically from her room and grab me in terror saying no moms! She gets so worked up she can hyperventilate and even throw up...

I couldn't get her to explain what she sees and what the "moms" do to her... We were even thinking about therapy, or other types of testing.

Strange thing happened about two months ago. While on my laptop my girl came up to see what I was up too. Well the desktop image on windows 7 has these wispy bubble like circles that have rays of light emanating from them. She pointed at the bubble and said that's a mom! If I were to venture a guess I would say she sees a mom every week. Only in our home and it doesn't matter what time of day. Additionally my wife and I have never noticed anything unusual in the ten years at our residence.

I don't know much about the history of my home or paranormal activity either. Have ghosts presented themselves in a circular light? Should I be worried?

I'm totally freaked out now. My little girl has now started calling our home spooky house!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jenzo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
I would advise you not to take her for any type of couciling over this... Too often, these so called professionals... None of whom admit to the paranormal being a real problem for children... Will start poking around you and your wife, suspecting you as causing this distress to your child. Wait it out. Try and do this: Spend a lot of quiet time in and around where your child plays and sleeps. Make a comfy spot in the corner of her play room and/or bedroom, spend some quiet time alone there. You might be surprised by something you are able to see, when lowering yourself down to that area of the home your child is always exposed to.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
Already here some great advise has been offered... So I will try to add rather then repeat... And good karma to those below... Although not sure if I would encourage psychic development rather let it evolve more naturally... Around about 14 years old, most teenage children develop there prolific vision... Up until then there minds are more used in sub conscious state... Especially from birth to about 5 years old... A conscious mind is what separates us from our most primate instincts... And one of those instincts or senses is our spiritual conscious... What makes a psychic profoundly different to the normal rendezvous jon or jane doh... Is there ability to function both level of consciousness at the same time... And there are studies that support psychic brain activity are recording patterns suggesting they are in sleep state... When in a normal conscious state of mind... So your child at the moment is functioning or glazing between both states of consciousness... And she is smart enough to know somethings not right with what shes seeing... That's why shes is so frighten at times and it is very normal reaction to be frighten of something you do not understand...

Daz 😁
Casper-ess (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
Hey hippiechick83... Must thank you for the correct name of the show...couldn't quite remember it & it was bugging me to try & think of the title of the show... So thanks heaps... How cool it is that your little girl has the gift... As long as it's all good then she should be ok... Yes I luv that show too... Well anything to do with the paranormal really... Really fascinating stuff... Keep in touch... Luv being in this group... Just joined last night... Bye for now! 😁
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
I agree with granny. My son can see ghosts too and until now he still sees them. Just try to understand your child's gift. Ask your child casually why she calls it moms, you will be surprised to know what it is.

reneespring (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Weird that she would call them, "moms"...what does she call her mother? Maybe she is really scared of her own mother! I have no idea, but the use of that particular word is strange, indeed, to say the least.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Well, you know, Jenzo, both Granny and Casper-ess (Great Caesar's Ghost I had a hard time typing THAT one 😆) make some very good points.
It is said that young children, being "closer to the Realm" themselves, can sense things that we as adults have forgotten how to see. We "grew out of it", so to speak.
The bubbles with tails (Also described as comets without the fire) is a pretty "common" way for youngsters to describe angels. Also- from what I have poured over, it would appear that the FEEL of the "angel" lends its shape and color. This is a direct quote from a 10 year old girl: "Angel balls are small circles with pictures of angels in them. They help people that need energy. I say 'angel ball energy' and clap my hands twice and then the balls appear in different colours, the angels know which colours of balls to send." This one from a four year old "My angels are many. Sometimes they are small, 7 to 100 of them fit with me inside my seat belt when I drive places. They sparkle all the time."

I find it interesting that she has the reaction that she DOES to them. She is rather young, and she seems willing to share with you, does she tell you what they do that makes her think these things are spooky?
I made my children their own little spray bottle of "magic water" that would make the "bad guys" go away. I encouraged them to spray the bottle in the direction of whatever it was that was frightening them, and demand that it leave. Do not get me wrong, the relief was not instantaneous, and we worked at it. But giving THEM the control can teach them that THEY can protect their own space.
I think I will wait for some of these questions already here to be answered. This is very interesting.
Wado.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Casper-ess: One correction if I may. The show is actually called Psychic Kids: Children of the Paranormal.

I love that show! My little girl is 2 and has the gift. I hope it stays with her forever. She's never frightened of what she sees.
Casper-ess (9 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Jenzo: I most definietly agree with zzsgranny... Your little girl has been shown all of these things for a reason...firstly,children are more suseptable to ghosts... It may stay with her or she may grow out of it... Mine actually was the other way round... Keep an open mind,don't tell her it's a bunch of nonsense... Maybe later on down the track this "gift" might come in handy... Even though she may not understand it yet... My guess would be it's something she has "honed in on"...without realising...I've seen on BIO channel a programme that deals with kids who see ghosts,etc...maybe watching something like that would help you all... I think it was called "Paranormal Children"...hope this helps some... Good luck... ❤
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-20)
Jenzo: The circular lights are called orbs, and yes it may be that your daughter can see them... Young children have the ability to sense the paranormal, some of us believe... It may wane, the older she gets, or it may last her entire life... I think it all depends on how you approach this with her... If you remain open, and don't critisize her for being overly imaginative, she may retain her openness also...

Why do you think she calls them "the moms"?...Do you think they've manifested to her?...Or is it perhaps she's watched movies such as Cinderella, or Snow White, and thinks they are "the fairy god-mothers", as that would be the closest thing she could identify them to?

Interesting indeed... Please keep us posted... ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: