You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Since My Sister Died

Real Ghost Stories

Since My Sister Died

 

My name is Emily, I'm 18 years old and I live in England in the UK. This story isn't really a continuous flow; it is just everything that has happened, that I can remember over the years. All of this starts from when I was 7 years old to now at 18 years old.

11 years ago, when I was 7 years old, my little sister died, she was 3 years old and died of "a natural death". Ever since then me and my family have had strange goings on in the house, these are what I can remember and what I have been told by my mother, father etc.

- I was around 7-8 years old, and I was sleeping with my mother in her bed and my father was downstairs when I woke up in the middle of the night, I stared at the ceiling for a few minutes then I looked over to the corner of the room, I saw a female figure, smallish with black hair and a light coloured night gown, I screamed and my mum woke up and it had gone, but I knew I was awake. I came to later realize that it would have been my grandma who died before I was born; maybe she came to tell us that my little sister was with her and she is alright?

- I have had my hair pulled once or twice, footsteps upstairs, me and my mother was sat on the couch and a ball rolled over to us, no windows or doors open. My old laptop used to turn itself on when I was in bed, I used to hear it booting up, we have found my little sisters old doll shoes in the fridge, my mum told me she hears voices downstairs in the middle of the night, my mum was downstairs around 3am one night getting a drink and she heard loud banging coming from my room, I heard it too but to me it sounded like it was coming from downstairs which we couldn't explain, so many little things happen and it's not scary to me, it's comforting knowing she is ok if it is my little sister.

- A few things that are a bit scarier that I've been told over the last couple of years:

My dad usually goes to bed around 3am, but everyone else is in bed by that time. He was sat watching the television when something caught his eye, it was a fairly big round silver ball (similar to a orb) floating in the air, it floated across the room, went down and vanished into a vase of flowers, this was not dust or anything like that. My dad didn't tell anyone about this encounter. A few nights later my mum was watching TV around that time instead of my dad, and she saw the exact same thing my dad did, so she told my dad and he said he saw it to a few nights before, what could that have been?

When my little sister was alive, my auntie used to visit a lot and every time my sister wanted to get past her she used to pull her jumper, my auntie has been in my house and felt her jumper being tugged and then been physically moved out of the way.

My dad told us that on the day of her funeral he was coming out of the gate to go, and he looked up at her bedroom window and saw her standing there, I'm not sure if this was his imagination through him grieving but that's what he told me he saw.

When my little sister was alive, she loved jumping on the bed and my mum always used to tell her to stop because she would fall and injure herself. Well my mum and dad was in bed one night both awake, and they felt like someone was bouncing on the bed, not just lightly but very forcefully as if they was jumping really heavy, so my mum's first reaction was to say "stop it love, you will hurt yourself" and when she said that the bouncing stopped and has never happened again.

One last thing, my uncle told us that he was on our toilet and he looked over and he saw his dad (my grandad) sat in the bath, my grandad died about 20 years before that encounter, so that scared me a bit.

That's it really I think, if I think of anything else I'll be sure to add something. What do you think to all this? Could this be my little sister letting us all know she's fine?

Please feel free to ask any questions, or make comments, thank you.

Other hauntings by emma_92

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emma_92, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ada (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
Wow! That's something else! A lot of activity... I do however think that they mean no harm. Just wanting to get attention. I am very sorry for your loss and wish they best for you and yours. P.s. Maybe she can't leave because she loved you guys and knows nothing else. Again so sorry for your loss. Bless you
SnoWQueeN (5 stories) (100 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
I have no words to express how I am feeling! Sorry for your loss Emma. Thank you for sharing.

~Nikky❤
psychicteen13 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine losing a sister. Sisters are the best things ever. But I'm glad to hear that she is still with you, that is the best thing that God could give you, your lil sis back, even though she is in Spirit Form, and not in flesh and blood. You can still talk to her, though, you do know that, right?
paranomal_believer94 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-05)
Thanks for sharing us a nicer, comforting side of the paranormal. I'm sorry for your loss and it is great that she's still with you. ❤
Jookie (3 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
my little brother died young also, and he still visits us all the time. If you need any insight, or just want a ear to listen, email me. (found on my profile)

Be safe, be happy.
Jookie ❤
emma_92 (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Thank you Jennifer, means a lot.

Dan - Yeah I think my grandma is here too. But thank you:) another thing I forgot to mention is my mum and auntie have heard their name being called when no one was in the house.
And yesterday my auntie thought she saw a young girl sat on the doorstep to my house and no one could have got in because the gate was locked. Hmmm.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
emma_92: Interesting story I'm sorry for your loss. I believe a lot of the events witnessed and felt could very well be your little sister.
Im not to sure what to think of the silver orb they have always baffled me. I honestly think there is more in your home then just your sister it doesn't seem malevolent so if it does not bother you I would not worry so much. Keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
First, I'm so sorry about the loss of your sister. Maybe it is her that's come back to visit. I hope that brings you and your family some comfort. Thanks for sharing with us.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: