You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: 3 O'clock In The Morning

Real Ghost Stories

3 O'clock In The Morning

 

Lately things started happening to my sister. She's 2 years younger than me. Nothing happened to her while I was under attack almost a year ago. But that changed about 6 weeks ago.

She was sleeping and suddenly woke up in the middle of the night and realized she was paralyzed. Normally, she would be too scared and tried to fight it. After a while the paralysis ware off. She quickly turned on the light and looked at the time. It was 3 o'clock in the morning. This became a frequent thing. Having trouble sleeping and waking up for no reason between 3 and 4 a.m. Sometimes paralyzed.

One time she felt like something was trying to pull her soul out of her chest. Similar things happened to me before (I didn't mention it in my first story), but it didn't feel like it was trying to pull something out. I felt like it grabbed my heart and squeezed it really hard. Believe me, that didn't tickle. So it must've been painful for my sister as well.

There was this one time when she was asleep and woke up while someone was pulling her leg, this someone was pretty strong too. Few moments after she woke up it stopped. She thought it was me. But when she turned the light on she saw me lying in my bed, sleeping.

She was really scared 2 weeks ago. We went to bed quite late that night. Around 2:30 in the morning. I couldn't sleep. I had this gut feeling that there's something in the room, so I went to our living room which is right outside our door and watched TV. Less than 10 minutes after I turned on the TV I heard my sister turn on the lights (that's how close it is). I thought I woke her up because the TV was too loud, so I turned the volume down. When suddenly the door of our room opened and I saw my sisters scared face. She was even breathing heavily. This was serious. She's not the type to get scared easily (I'm the chicken). Of course I asked her what's wrong. She said it happened again, she could feel it grab her feet and the paralysis started to spread. When she finally shook it off and opened her eyes, she saw something on the wall that she's facing while sleeping."My God, it looked like a grey shadow with no eyes and an opened black mouth, I was so scared!"She then quickly turned on the lights and it was gone. Just when she felt relief, she noticed that I was gone. It scared the hell out of her because she thought she was in a nightmare from which you can't wake up.

Me and my sister had those quite often. You wake up in your sleep and everything looks so real you think you're awake but soon realize your not, and then usually something really bad happens... That kind of nightmare.

I don't have to say that she was more than glad to see me watching TV in the living room. I then went with her to our bedroom and we slept with a night light on. I didn't have an uneasy feeling that time, so we both fell asleep and nothing attacked us.

It's been a week and nothing happened. But I'm not sure that it's gone. Whatever it is. And I don't think it's the same thing that attacked me... Or could it be that it's back and mad for some reason?

I don't have a clue. But I'd like it to leave us alone for good.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Other hauntings by Easy

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Easy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sininesisalik (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-21)
Its probably just sleep paralysis! Nothing to be scared of! Your body is sleeping but mind is awake, you feel like something is pressing on your chest, and you hallucinate scary things.
SegaGK (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-06)
I posted a story sorta similar to this but mine isn't as intense as your experience. But it is scary
x0aliciadaa (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-16)
I have the same experiences, somoetimes night after night. Read my blog, comment my posts, Id love to talk about them

Http://x0meaningless.blogspot.com/
waterfalls123 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-07)
Hi,
This sounds like there's an entity in your home. It sounds like it doesn't want you to be there. Honestly if I lived there I would move and if it continued I would call a expert medium. I hope this may have helped and if you do not want to move just go ahead and call a medium. 😊
dekiss (2 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2014-02-27)
Hello
I experience this thing too for 10 years now. Please guys give me your contacts - emails or skype or something, I need to talk with someone experiencing this too. I did some research in the past and I can tell you what I have found.
I believe it is medical thing not spiritual. But because we watch too many movies maybe it looks like something supernatural.
I tend to live very pure life without crimes lies etc. Also it might be good if we share something about our lifes maybe we all have something in common, then it can be spiritual thing after all.
Dontbeafraid (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-16)
to be honest me and my freind had attacks like that. But in a way they were different I would wake up paralized and the feeling like somethins going to go bad. Then it forms up this figure between my clothes on the floor or the hung towels... The fingures always show first but with great detail but always before the body shows I wake up either my spuse shakes me awake or by repeating "ayas" my sheikh has told me to say when thbis issue happens.
See in these sitatuins id be able to move but not actaully novem scream shout and speak but my vioce never comes out but for some reason always either my arm or foot kicks and jerks around. But since you are awake when it happens I suggest you don't entertain it with you fright or demolists or even preists not for religious realease but that will ONLY anger it more. Remember everyone of us has a djin always attached to us but unless you give it power ofyou it won't be able to harm you. If you know any mosques of:sunni" muslims please go and explain your situation I vouch that they will be helpful, they helped me tons... So much that it rarely happens anymore. But know it. It will get worse before it gets better, if they see you getting closer to God. It will anger them and show you it but treuly they won't be able to harm you. Beacuse all they can do is give you the illusion of what you are seing or earing is truely there
Truth1234 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-23)
Hi There,
I was reading you're story & started to research things on these cases. Their are ways this could go away.
- read holy verses before going to bed.
-When you feel something is going to happen to start to think of god. As god can only beat these things.
- When you see something, like a shadow in the night, Compel it to go away, Or even ask it What does it want. Hopefully you get you're answer. Don't be aggressive towards it.
- Bless You're House.
-Sleep on you're side. Even if you feel something is trying to push you try you're best to think of god and stay firm on you're side. If These things are still going on say God's name out loud. Start reciting something from you're holy book out loud, Things like this can easily scare away the Thing causing this to flee the place.
- When the thing is telling you to stop reciting or saying god's name, Say it louder, it creates a barrier from the sprit and you.
Hoping this helped,
Hajra.:)
Boo1234 (9 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2012-07-30)
2am,3am and 4am are the haunting hours if you didn't know that its just a helpful reminder if you forget also on movies like Paranormal Activity the incidents mostly occur at those specific times.
HeCameDown (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-17)
Hello, I know this is a very old thread, but when I came across this, I realized that this was the exact same things that had happened to me. 3 AM is when paranormal things take place often. The paralysis, hellish dreams, and feeling of being watched or touched by demons at this hour has happened to me. I too have a close sibling, but I was the only one being haunted.

Our experiences are the same, and I'll tell you what I did to get rid of the demons... Or whatever it was:

I prayed and grew closer to god. I prayed that He would rid me of the evils, I had a remarkable moment with Christ, and ever since then, I have slept right through these hours of the night, untouched. Just know that you weren't alone in these experiences 😉
Keela (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
Well, I have had this happen to me in the past so I know how you feel trust me it was a war zone until I recieved the holy spirit of jesus christ. Before recieving the holy spirit and being awaken around 3-4. I remembered my mom always telling me stories and people in my church telling me stories I am not catholic but I am pentecostal christian. Anyhow I believe you don't need to call on mary for anything only jesus and when I used to be awakened at night and see things or feel grabbed or can't move I would get fed and man cause I believe I am who I am they have no right to torment me so I would boldly either stand their and say IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST I REBUKE YOU I PLEA THE BLOOD OF JESUS YOU MUST LEAVE THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST IS AGAINST YOU. They would leave instantly. Demons fear the name of jesus and especially if you tell the the blood of jesus is against you I rebuke, who really wants to stick around. Dont let satan and his demons scare you, YOU MUST SCARE THEM. They can't over power you when your working with jesus
Easy20 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
For now, she didn't have anything like this happen to her again (I mean after I posted this story)...it's strange. All our lives NOTHING paranormal ever happened to us, and now it does, but it doesn't have a pettern. Things just randomly happen, we can't predict when or where it's going to happen, or who's going to be the target, not even what's going to happen.

I just don't get it.

And it happens only to us, never to our parents, but if the negative emotions caused the events my father should be the first to have something happent o him... But nothing ever does.WHY?
I can't figure out what we did to provoke these entities or whatever they are.
Guest8534 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-24)
I've had this similar experience happen to me a few times now. Wake up at 3am (around 3am, 3-4am to be exact) and I feel something pull something out of me... Could be my energy... Could be part of my soul... Who know's really. When you feel this tingly sensation start to form in any part of your body (usually starts at the legs) get out of bed as fast as you can and turn the light on - to avoid being paralyzed.

The last time this happened to me, I got out of bed... Turned on the light and looked down the hall way... I saw the strangest thing... This huge green blog went running away from my room straight through the hall way. I hope it wassen't the same thing your sister saw... I really hope not...
DirtyD (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-23)
Okay so this sleep paralysis, happens to me almost everyday. Not quite. I wouldn't say my sleep paralysis isn't called sleep paralysis it's more like spectrophilia. But that's another story! I just wanted to let you know that, that basically happens to me. What I do to avoid this when it happens to me at 3am (same time it happens to your sister) I listen to music! Like with earphones. It has so far worked for me, so somehow the paralysis won't happen. Believe itnr not it's kind of cool! Like you can fool whatever it is (: anywho beast of luck!
Easy20 (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-15)
Salemhistory-Thx for the advice:)

And all of you who think this was nothing more than a sleep paralysis didn't read the story right.

One time she woke up because someone was pulling her leg! No paralysis involved!
And by the way I know all about sleep paralysis cause I thought I was having it and I researched it, so there was no need to explain it to me.

I told this beacuse it was NOT an ordinary sleep paralysis, or else I wouldn't have posted the story in the first place.
Salemhistory (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-15)
I just posted this to another girl, thought it could be helpful. I understand what you are going through. I have been blessed/cursed with being hagridden since I was 3 years old. It would happen a few times a week, always between 2:30- 6am, sometimes a few times each night. My Grandmother being a sweet Irish woman did research & found, if you bless your room then it will go away. Now, this is the tricky part. I'm now in my 20s & everytime I move I have happenings with being hagridden. Research stories on Gullah Hags or Irish Hagriddens, you will find historical examples of what your sister is going through. That being said, heres what I do to help me, here is how to bless your room: 1. Clean your room, create an environment you want to be in. 2nd. Become very centered, don't do this as a joke, mockery can be your worst enemy... Take water & vinegar mix (equal parts, you don't need much) and make crosses with a finger in the corners Of the room, around the doorway & windows. I then burn white sage and recite what I want. For example; "bless this house, this room, make this a safe place where harm cannot reach me, make my nights peaceful and my days fulfillful." then leave water close to your bed. Water represents purity & if we have a means of purification close by, it deferrs unpure entities from seeking us. I have a beautiful little desktop fountain I keep in my room, that provides my water source... I hope you sleep better & remember to always be somewhere you want to be, or else negativity can be your worse nightmares. Hope this helps!
JustCurious (2 stories) (434 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
PeterGriffin - Just to straighten it out you gave the wrong deffinition for Lucid Dreaming. Lucid Dreaming is when your able to recognize your in a dream and can then proceed to change the environment around you. Believe me. I have been reading up on it. I know what I am talking about.
Coyote42Dances (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-30)
I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Peter Griffin. (Family Guy joke, sorry I just had to type it) Seriously though, Sleep Paralysis is most likely the culprit here. It can cause one to hallucinate and the hallucinations do feel 100% real while you are experiencing them. It does help some if you wake up and say to yourself its just a dream and none of this is real. I have suffered Sleep Paralysis many times, I do not like it, but my only problem with it is not having control of my body. I know everything I see or hear is just a hallucination... So that part doesn't bother me anymore. Once I hallucinated that I fought myself awake, went to the bathroom, and then started my day like any other day, only to find myself still within the dream/hallucination. Thank God I did not wet the bed!
jimzmeys (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-10)
Okay.

I'm a twenty one year old who has had a few similar experiences thankfully not many and not at repeated intervals. Nevertheless, to me is also does sound demonic definitely and I'd advise you to say the following in situations 'Lord have Mercy' or a bigger version 'Jesus Christ have mercy on me the sinner'. In the past, I was sound asleep, and I knew I was dreaming and then my dream began to turn into a nightmare, so I said to myself 'okay I'll wake myself up now'. So after I had forced myself to become awake after an unpleasant dream, I was in my bed in the exact same position when I seen a fully dark person standing beside my bed. My heart had beat so fast, and I was terrified, I thought it could only be my mum, but it was a FULLY shadowed person. I could not make out any of the facial features or anything else it was a fully black coloured person. I had tried to scream and no sound was coming out of my mouth or I was too terrified, it had then climbed on top of me while I was lying in bed and it rocked back and forward moving up and down on me. During this I had prayed and it had left never to return.

On another account, two years later I had an experience due to my own actions. On a night out with friends in a hotel we had used an Ouija board and I began to use it on a regular basis. It worked every single time except one time when there was a cross on the table in my house, it just would not work. No matter what we said or did nothing was able to speak to us.

After this I had began to think it was evil and considered discarding it. However, it wasn't until one day I was at home during the day and decided to go for a run. Also I had a habit with closing and locking my cupboards in my bedroom, don't ask why just didn't like them open. I made sure they were fully closed and had left. When I had returned 10 minutes later I walked into my bedroom and didn't look at the cupboards yet, but somehow knew they were open. I was too terrified to turn around and when I did they were both fully wide open, and I had panicked a lot thinking that someone could be in the house.

That night I said I was going to burn the evil board and I had got darker on the inside from using it. I prayed often and apologized to God for ever going near it. Then while in bed, I had awoke with my eyes closed in my bed as I had felt an intense spiritual energy enter the room, I had tried to open my eyes and I could not do anything. I felt it come closer and closer to me and I'm sure it was trying to come inside me. I had repeated Lord have Mercy, Lord have Mercy over and over, increasing my plea for help. Suddenly a large amount of light entered the room and had got rid of whatever it was that was near me, I opened my eyes the second I was able to, and I had looked around the room and suddenly felt so peaceful within myself, and fell asleep almost immediately.

The next day I took the board out hesitantly and set it on fire. It does become addictive and I do not look like the type who would use it.

Now I've learned from my mistake and know better to stay away rather then invite anything like that into my life again. As for the first experience, it was a night that I know I didn't pray on.
RMcGrew (3 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
Thank you, Mr Griffin, but there is a little more of an esoteric explanation... Probably. You got all the mechanics down. But what you fail to even touch is what you can't explain. The very transcendent nature of dream., Not just random beams of light bouncing off the backs of our eyes. Take comfort in what you want. Just do not forget that the hallucinations are real... The demons are real... And that you reading this is just as much of a hallucination as the ghoul hovering over your bed when you wake up in a paralytic state... Staring into the eyes of hell... Desparately trying to move enough to wake yourself up in time before it takes your soul. So thanks for sharing the causes of sleep paralysis! You sort of helped! By the way Jesus died at 3pm.
PeterGriffin (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-06)
Sup,

What you'r suffering from can be from what is called "Sleep Paralysis" AKA "Old Hag". It's when you'r body's falling in REM (Rapid Eye Movement) sleep while you'r still awake. This can occur when you'r falling asleep or just waking up. The causes that lead into sleep paralysis are those such as:
-Sleeping in a face upwards or supine position
-Increased stress
-Sudden environmental/lifestyle changes
-A lucid dream (Dream that has a dramatic ending causeing you to wake up in fear. [IE. Dreaming about driving then suddenly crashing into another car])
-To much Achole with not enough sleep
After something happens which causes your body to stay away but keep you in REM sleep then you go into Sleep paralysis state. Your body feels as if its paralised because your awake trying to get out of sleep paralysis while your bodys still in REM sleep causeing your mind to take it as a numbing effect until your body gets the message. It also causes you to get an Out-Of-Body-Experience,errr... Well actaully Lucid Dreams cause that since you feel as though you have already died in your previous dream causing your current dream to feel as though you are floating away from your body. Which causes you to panic which makes matters worse Phobias can also cause the feeling in sleep also. As for the faces and images it is also a part of sleep paralysis since it puts you in a state of danger mode in a dream which results in hullucinations. Such it up on Google for more information. I do know what you are talking about though 😜. Suffered from sleep paralysis while dreaming about crashing into a tree sleeping face up which caused me to panic and caused the paralysis.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Hi;

It sounds demonic. 3 AM is a very active hour for the Devil, because it mocks the hour Jesus died on the Cross. The dark shadows are totally demonic, as is the attendant fear and chaos.

Pls. Get and use, especially at night, Catholic Holy water, which is offered, free of charge, at the back of Catholic churches. Also, try saying "Jesus and Mary help me" when this occurs. Watch the visitor's reaction. God bless you. Email me if you need more assistance. Dukes2352atAOL.com.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: