You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Finger

Real Ghost Stories

The Finger

 

My name is Natasha, and I have an interesting story to tell. So a long time ago when I was probably 10 years old, I had a couple really weird experiences, and even though it happened a long time ago, I remember them like it was yesterday.

So ever since I was little I had never liked sleeping in the dark alone. I always thought I would see shadows in my room. So it was one particular night that the weird experience happened for the first time. I was sleeping and dreaming soundly, when suddenly I woke up feeling a strange pressure in my back. It felt like someone was using their finger and pushing up into my spine. Immediately I would scream and try to get out the door. But as soon as I was out into the hall of the house, everything would go black.

This happened one other time probably 2 years later. I remember half dreaming but sort of being half awake at the same time. I was dreaming about some kind of shadow being. The shadow was lurking across the brick walls of a building, following me. As soon as it caught up to me in my dream, the frightening object would press hard into my back. As I was waking up feeling the "finger" in my back, I saw a weird shadow go across my ceiling. I was frozen stiff, not knowing what to do. When I finally got the courage to sit up in bed, I looked down on my bed to see if there was anything there that could have poked my back. There was nothing except for a strange small hallow bump in the sheets as if someone had stuck their finger in the sheets then had moved it. I still to this day have no idea what the weird pressure was, but every night that I do dream about shadows, I force myself to wake up, deathly afraid that I would feel the finger pressure again... If anyone has any idea what it could have been, please respond, thank you!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nateeta, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
It was kind of creepy though. I saw it a night by the window. It looked like if it was attached to someone, probably her.

I was too frightened to go look.

I know it sounds crazy.
It was one of my childhood memories.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Rashidah,
You lost me... Can you elaborate on your comment? You saw your grandmother's finger and the resemblance was remarkable? Was it attached to something...?

:) Lou
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
Have you got over your childhood fear now? I would say becasue of your fear of the dark, you had the bad dreams, the feeling of someone pressing down into your back, may possibly be the way you were sleeping at the time. Do you still see shadows in the dark now?
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
I saw my grandmother's finger a month after she died.

The resemblance was remarkable.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-21)
That is so creepy! The part that got me was that you could actually see the indentation where the finger was. A shiver runs down my spine just reading that! Thanks for sharing.

Jennifer ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: