You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Are These Just Mere Coincidences?

Real Ghost Stories

Are These Just Mere Coincidences?

 

I was missing in action for a while. I was busy at work and with my life. By the way, I mentioned on my first story that we are on the process of buying my cousin's house (the one where Abbie, my cousin's deceased wife still visits), we already moved into that house. Let me also tell you guys that I am not like Melinda Gordon, who made the paranormal a part of her daily life. I mean there are years that I do not witness anything paranormal. But I want to share my weird week, this week.

Exactly 7 days ago, I think I got paranoid (with no reason at all, I just felt scared). I was still up at 11 PM watching TV. I went to my room to retire at around 11:15. I was already half asleep-half awake when I "thought" someone was knocking on my door. I ignored it thinking that it was just my imagination. But I heard it the second time, so I looked at the door and I swear I saw a shadow pass by my door. I saw the shadow because we always leave our living room lights on (and our living room is right outside my door). I thought maybe it was mom. So I got up, opened the door and found no one outside my room. I just shrugged my shoulder and went back to bed. Just when I felt comfortable back in my bed, I heard someone washing the dishes. Again, at first I doubted myself, and tried not to think of anything unusual but then I still hear the clanking of the dishes, glasses and other utensils. This went on for about 2 minutes until I could no longer help it. I ran out of my room, knocked like crazy on my mom's door. She asked me what happened to which I replied "I saw a rat in my room" (not so lame excuse maybe). I just didn't feel like telling her at that time. Starting that night I slept with her and my 2 nephews in their room.

Two days later, my mom told me she heard knocks and someone washing the dishes the same night before around the same time I heard mine. I was shocked because it was the same thing at the same time but different people and different night. Until then she was not aware of what I witnessed. After her telling me that, I also told her I experienced that too. And weirdly the following nights it stopped.

On the third night that I slept with them, I woke up at around 3:30 AM because it was so hot, because without us knowing there was a power blackout in the city. So I got back to bed and slept, just then I dreamt of losing a tooth. In our culture, if you dream of losing a tooth it means, someone may die. In my dream I learned that something bad was going to happen I just couldn't pinpoint what it is. Oddly I forgot about my dream until what happened to me this morning. But before that I want to tell you that these past few days, I felt like I became sensitive to "them".

While at work, I always have this feeling of being watched, one time I went to the CR and heard someone in the cubicle, but when I went out no one else was. She cannot get out without me noticing her because I was in the cubicle nearest the door. I try to ignore this feeling thinking I am just hallucinating or what. I just can't believe that I am experiencing this at that rate, like daily. Here's what happened just this morning, three hours ago.

I was on my way to work and for the first time I did not say good bye to my mom, I always tell her I'm leaving when I leave for work. It's just that this morning due to an unknown reason I did not say good bye. For transportation, I ride a jeepney to work. In fact, it takes 2 rides to reach our office. I was about to have my second ride, I was crossing the street through the pedestrian lane when I was hit by a taxicab. I was stunned, shocked, and afraid. The good thing is nothing really happened to me, just a few scratches and an unusable shoe. The people who witnessed in fact told me I was indeed lucky because the taxi just kind of side-swept me. They are even amazed that I was still standing on my feet after what happened. I cannot even believe too.

Now I am just wondering if the things that happened this week are related or are they just coincidences. I am really confused now, I need help. And do you think someone in my family will die, or am I? I really need inputs.

Thank you.

Other hauntings by x10

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, x10, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

pax47 (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-22)
"I "thought" someone was knocking on my door. I ignored it thinking that it was just my imagination. But I heard it the second time, so I looked at the door and I swear I saw a shadow pass by my door. I saw the shadow because we always leave our living room lights on (and our living room is right outside my door). I thought maybe it was mom. So I got up, opened the door and found no one outside my room. I just shrugged my shoulder and went back to bed. Just when I felt comfortable back in my bed, I heard someone washing the dishes. Again, at first I doubted myself, and tried not to think of anything unusual but then I still hear the clanking of the dishes, glasses and other utensils."

-Possibly RODENTS.

"But before that I want to tell you that these past few days, I felt like I became sensitive to "them".

While at work, I always have this feeling of being watched, one time I went to the CR and heard someone in the cubicle, but when I went out no one else was. She cannot get out without me noticing her because I was in the cubicle nearest the door. I try to ignore this feeling thinking I am just hallucinating or what. I just can't believe that I am experiencing this at that rate, like daily. Here's what happened just this morning, three hours ago."

-Maybe you're too stressed from work, sensory perceptions are heightened when in distress. Seek medical help if symptoms persist.

"I was on my way to work and for the first time I did not say good bye to my mom, I always tell her I'm leaving when I leave for work. It's just that this morning due to an unknown reason I did not say good bye. For transportation, I ride a jeepney to work. In fact, it takes 2 rides to reach our office. I was about to have my second ride, I was crossing the street through the pedestrian lane when I was hit by a taxicab. I was stunned, shocked, and afraid"

-Are These Just Mere Coincidences?

Take care my friend.
😉
didyouseethat (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-20)
what a mere coincidence... A mice just ran by in-front of me. That mild heart-attack 😭
Shannonchikawow (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-30)
Don't think negatively that you or your loved one will die. I think your guardian angel saved you when you got hit by that cab. Did the driver apologize? Maybe your dream was just a warning for that. And be careful because I think your 3rd eye has opened. Well that's just what I think since you said you've become sensitive to unusual things. Unless you've just been paranoid eversince you dreamed. 😐
danica (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-24)
x10 my mom told me that when you dream losing your tooth you must not tell it to others, so the curse behind it (a death of a close friend, relative or family member) won't happen.It's like to jinxed back the curse.
hellscout (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-13)
it would be better if you just told your dream to a tree it is said that when you told that to a tree the bad luck will go to the tree because a tree has more souls then us humans have so it would ease the danger but your problem is done actually probably its just that its not your time yet ^_^
clark200666 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
The thing on your house is residual, it's like a record from the past that keeps on playing. Yes I'm from Philippines I never had a dream about losing my tooth, I heard it was true. Anyway, the felling of being watched is considered as one form of ghost presence.

Just pray and depend on god.

Clark
merlin (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
at X10:
Im new here, I just want to share that I had dreams of losing not just a tooth, but all of my teeth. Happened many times but it did not bring any bad/sad news to me. What I did, I let my dentist uproot 4 of my teeth, two of them were impacted.:)
I dreamed of losing my teeth no more.
meangirl_26 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
x10, I haven't heard of that one but my elders told me that if you dream of losing your teeth you should bite on wood. It's worth a try, but I tell you it doen's taste good... 😉
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Thank you guys...

[at] Badjujuju;
Thank you so much, I really needed someone to tell me that the danger's done... I freaked out in the last couple of days, but after a lot of thinking, I decided that,yes, maybe my dream was a warning and everyone should be more careful... Although I still have some fear when crossing the streets now... 😳

[at] meangirl_26;
Have you heard that when you dreamed of this you are supposedly "sumpa" it so that whatever bad that is set to happen won't happen. After this dream I was not able to "sumpa" it so my mom said maybe that's what caused the accident... I don't know
meangirl_26 (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
x10, I'm from the Philippines too, and like you, I also dream of losing my tooth a lot.
When I was a kid, if I get this kind of dream somebody from my far side of the family dies (once it was a brother of my grandpa), not sure if it was just a coincidence or what, but recently I have been having this kind of dream again but nothing has ever happened. 😁
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
The sounds of someone washing dishes are likely residual. Creepy, but no true ghost is actually present. It's just a sort of psychic imprint on the environment.http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/articles/general/ghostsresidual.html this should explain better than I can.
Sometimes, for whatever reason, paranormal activity increases. Whether it may be caused by excess energy in the atmosphere, such as a storm, or from our own emotions and stress sending out excess energy into the air around us, ghostly activity can increase. It may be that due to the activity in your home picking up, you are more aware of activity elsewhere.
Your dream, now that is interesting, and this is my theory on that. You were being warned about a possible danger. The taxi missed you, the danger has passed. The dream has likely been fulfilled by your narrow miss. Try not to worry too much about it. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: