You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Elliston Cemetary Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Elliston Cemetary Ghost

 

This story took place in Graytown, Ohio in Elliston Cemetery around August 15, 2008. My friend and I were playing in her back yard and I suggested that we go on a walk through the cemetery before it got too dark. My friend agreed because we were running out of ideas to pass the time before I had to go home. When her and I got to the cemetery we decided to play in the stuff the grave keepers threw out such as old flowers, litter, etc. Her and I got hyper and we were running through the cemetery and when we went to get some water from an old pump in the cemetery we thought we saw a dark mass move from on gravestone to another and disappear. We got a little frightened and went back toward her house and just sat on her couch just asking each other if we really saw what we thought we saw. I thought I saw some movement in the hallway that leads to my friend's room and the restroom. I thought that maybe it was my imagination and I decided to ask it something to see if it was real.

"If your here do something to let us know," I yelled to it.

As if cued my friend and I heard a loud bang as if something glass fell and shattered on the floor come from the hall. Since my friend and I were home alone we thought someone had broken in. Her and I searched every room, closet, under every bed, the windows, behind doors, and even in her crawl space. We found nothing; not even something laying on the floor. Her and I were so scared after that so I stayed with her that night. We had a bad feeling in her room so we slept on the couch.

A detail I may have left out is my friend was walking on the gravestones. I wonder if that had anything to do with what we experienced. Also, my friend said her lights would go on and off by themselves after we experienced that. About four days after the incident we have had no further troubles and I have since moved from the area.

Other hauntings by lioncat97

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lioncat97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
i think you mis understood me lioncat;)

When I say watcher/keeper I mean a spirit that looks after or watches over the graveyard.
Could have been any spirit I guess, just wanted you to learn the lesson that you did.
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
Butthead and soul, thank you for you comments. I don't think it was the grave keeper because he or she doesn't live in Elliston and also we were alone in a graveyard surrounded by woods and corn fields. I do however, believe the part about the spirit upset that she had stepped on the grave stones. Also I just laughed instead of telling her not to so that sounds likely. Well a couple of fourth graders learned a good lesson from this: do not do or laugh at something that is wrong. So I did absorb something from the experience at least and am glad about that.
TygerDall (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
Wow! My stepdads grandma 'Granny' would always tell me to not step on the gravestones in the graveyard. I lived across the street from a graveyard. Granny would say something bad would happen stepping on those gravestones or moving them. I tend to think its disrespectful to walk on, touch or move any kind of gravestone. I always feel like that when I pass a graveyard. 😉
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
I totally agree with butthead on the point that it didn't have any really bad intension. It just wanted you two to respect the graveyard and it stopped when it realised that you two are not going to do anything like that again.

Take care. ❤
butthead (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-06)
could be the graveyard 'watcher/keeper' giving you and your friend a lil scare so that you may remember not to walk on peoples graves.
But spirits will also be attracted to young people too, due to the energy, and you mention that you was kind of going crazy running around - moments before you saw that "blackness". So that may well have attracted it, whatever it was. I have a feeling it did not have much ill intent, that perhaps it just wanted you to treat the graveyard with more respect, and also assume that it realized that from that 4th day, you would.
Just my thoughts, thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: