You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Swing

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Swing

 

This had happened to me back in the middle of the Summer, 2006 in my backyard. I had heard my dog barking in the middle of the afternoon and thought to myself, "What the hell could he be barking at?" It was weird and a bit alarming to me, seeing as my dog NEVER barked. So I had walked out on to my back deck and down the stairs to a patio we have and in the back corner of our backyard we have an old swing set.

I had peeked around the corner expecting to maybe see my dog barking at some stupid squirrel or maybe at another dog at the back fence. But what I saw made me start bawling. He was standing in front of this swing set while one single swing was swinging back and forth, back and forth as if someone were on it. Keep in mind it was the afternoon in the middle of summer with no wind. The swing showed no signs of slowing down at all. I had to run and get my mother and my little brother to make sure I wasn't going crazy. They both had witnessed the swing still not slowing down. I wish we could explain what really was going on. We had been having weird things happen since we moved into this house 14 years ago. Such as the lights flickering in our hallway, bumps in the night, things like that. But I have to say that seeing that swing freaks me out still to this day.

Other hauntings by Sarah-Sadist

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sarah-Sadist, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-27)
blue_raven80: We bought the swing set brand new back in the 90s but like I said swings are pretty hard to resist!
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-26)
hi there! I have question, did you buy the swing or it is already there when you guys moved in? It could be a spirit that is attached to it.

shadowphil13 (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
That was just my hypothenis, Sarah, but now that you mentioned about that swing of yours, what I can come up with is that you've sensed a playful spirit, maybe that of a child and it just wants to have fun. However, it has to move on no matter the consequences.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Sarah-sadist, I moved this to your swing story, which is where I should have posted my original question about your age. I apologize.

The reason I asked how old you are is because I had a similar experience with a swing that I haven't posted yet. I know when I was your age, I felt quite a bit differently than I do now about things of this nature.

I'm not insinuating that what you felt wasn't real. We should always trust our instincts. Most of the time they are right on the mark and our feelings can get us out of a situation we shouldn't be in.

I'll try to submit my swing story this weekend. I hope you get a chance to read it when they publish it. It really has a whole different feeling than what you got. I hope it will leave you with a better feeling than your experience did.

My best...
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
shadowphil13: Yeah I believe what you say about animals 😊 Its odd that you say that the spirit might be attached to the swing, I should have told you guys that my dad had bought the swing set back in the 90s so I don't think the spirit came with the swings. But I guess swings are pretty tempting lol
shadowphil13 (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Animals have a sixth sense where they can sense the entity better than humans. Your dog was obviously barking at a ghost who was probably attached to this swing; continuing it's fun swinging back and forth in the afterlife. This ghost needs to move on. 😐
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
aussiedaz: Well good because I have a ton of them! This house isn't short on odd happenings. We actualy got a letter from the previous owner to my mother saying "I know you will understand what I'm about to tell you, because I know your husband wont. There are no ghosts in that house, just friendly spirits." Boy was she right.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Thats fine mate and as I said, it is quite normal to fear the unknown... I found it hard to cope with for some years myself... Probably there was something that you were picking up on that didn't make you feel comfortable near the swings, I am interested to read a few more of your stories... Thanks for sharing them...

Daz.
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Usualy I have no problem facing my fears but something about that situation just didn't feel right. I try to stay in good mood because I have read that bad moods attract bad spirits and I know my family wouldn't like that too much...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Hi Sarah... It quite evident to me that you are quite receptive... And inquisitive about the paranormal... But I also feel that coping with your fears is an issue hard for you to overcome... And that is quite a normal way to react... The only words of advise I have for you... Is to be careful how much of this you absorb... Or perhaps only read the feel good stories here... I just get that impression you may talk yourself in or open yourself up to the wrong types of experiences... I don't normally advise people here like this but I just have this feeling...

Daz.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: