You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Funeral Home Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Funeral Home Ghost

 

In late October, my husband's step grandfather passed away. Earlier that month, I had a baby girl and we went to the old funeral home located downtown of San Antonio, Tx, named M.Rodriguea Funeral Home, where my husband's Grandmother had the services. It was around 4 pm on a Wednesday that we went to pay our respects.

As we walked through the chapel doors, we were greeted by his relatives. They were glad to see my daughter as well. We walked through the aisle to go towards the casket and I just had this weird feeling for some reason. My husband kneeled at the alter, where the casket was, to pray (like we catholics do) and I turned and asked my husband's Grandmother to watch my daughter, and I turned towards my husband, put my left hand on his right shoulder and, next to the casket, there was a wooden pedestal with a picture frame made out of brass and his step grandfather's picture in it.

The picture was facing towards the relatives and when I started praying, the picture rubbed against the wooden stool and turned towards us. My husband looked at me and said, "Did you see that"? I said, "Hell yeah I did"! But he told me to be quiet. I turned right away to go to the restroom there and as I entered the restroom with my daughter, in the mirror there was a man standing right behind me with old clothing from the 1800's. I just froze and started praying like we catholics do, and he was gone when I turned to look for him.

As we left the funeral home, right away I told my husband that I do not want to go to that funeral home anymore (even if he had a loved one that passed away).

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Maria Avilez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Oh_Diane (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-23)
I work at M.Rod. Its a comfortable place to work... I don't feel scared well... Most of the time... I dont! 😁
chalemos (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-22)
I am from San Antonio, Tx. And have heard similiar stories from friends who have been to Rodriguez Funeral Home, personally I have not but I do believe.
mexican_187 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-02)
damn that would have been scary.
i myself am catholic and I find myself praying when I am scared.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: