You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Child Sees A Spirit That Doesn't Like Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Child Sees A Spirit That Doesn't Like Me

 

From being pregnant with my daughter Kellie, I have endured many ghost encounters as well as evil spirits. When I was 7mths into the pregnancy at 2am every morning I was woken with someone sitting on my bed and my Yorkshire terrier would go crazy. When I was full term I was woken the same time but this time it was patting me on the shoulder as if to comfort me. I was scared as this actually made contact with me. I realized I was having cramps in the top of my leg but pushed the pain aside because of the fear.

The following morning I told my mother what had happened, and I was still in pain with the cramp in my leg. My mother said I was in labour and that the person who visited me was my grandmother whom I didn't know was a midwife. I was in labour and gave birth to my daughter the next day.

When my daughter was 3yr old she told me when I was decorating the twins were playing with me, this didn't scare me as I no kids have imaginary friends, they stayed with Kellie for a good few months with no problem.

Shortly after I moved and within a few days Kellie said there was a man in her room who didn't like me. This I found weird as for a few nights I was woken with that paralysis but it really scared me. I didn't know this person I was afraid. I carried on with her saying "what did he look like" she told me he had a checky shirt and jeans pants like her grandad but no socks or shoes.

The following day I had a conversation with a neighbour about Kellie's bike which I planned to throw out as it was broken. Kellie came home from nursery and said mam please don't throw my bike out, I asked why she thought I was going to do that and she said "the man told me what you said to sandy today". She actually told me word for word what I said. This completely freaked me out.

The following night the babysitter took Kellie to stay at hers and I went out with my partner. When we arrived home I noticed the veranda doors were wide open, although they were bolted from the inside normally. When I entered the home no damage was done, but couldn't explain what happened. At approx. 3am I heard the front door handle frantically going up and down, I tried to wake my partner but he was fast asleep, it stopped after a couple of minutes and I fell asleep thinking I had imagined it.

The following morning I got up and although I had 4 locks and a chain on the door, all including the handle were on the floor. I phoned the police and when they came out they started to write a statement. Then baffled, the officer said "are you thinking someone tried to break in" I replied "yes". I looked at him and with his expression, I realized something wasn't right. He said "someone's tried to break out". This completely freaked me out. All the locks and screws were placed straight on the floor, I hadn't noticed before as I didn't want to touch anything in case they could get fingerprints.

There are so many follow up stories to this it is unbelievable, I shall be putting them on very soon, it's just unreal I can actually tell other people about my real life experiences some of which are terrifying.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, colls2211, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

missy-ryton (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-02-05)
Hi colls, I read your story and couldn't help but notice similarities with what has been going on with my child. My 5 year old son recently told me that his "friend" Lucy doesn't like me either. When he was around 2 I became aware that he had an imaginary friend until he started to talk about things he couldn't of possibly known, things that happened before he was born so I accepted that it was a spirit. It's never caused any trouble so I just let it be. I have posted a story but i'm still waiting for it to be published.

Have you ever just asked Kellie if she knows why this man doesn't like you? I only asked because it was around 2 weeks ago Mathew (my son) told me that Lucy doesn't like me and the first thing I asked was why, he just said he'd ask her.

Anyway this afternoon after school he'd gone to get changed out of his uniform, he came down and said "mam you threw her doll away" obviously I was confused at what he'd said because we hadn't mentioned Lucy since he'd said she doesn't like me lol. At first I assumed he was just making it up, I have 2 sons so never had a doll in my house so I said i'd never thrown a doll away, and this is the creepy part, he said "yes you did, at number 18 when I was in your belly (he means pregnant with him), dad found it in the loft in a box and you threw it away" I remembered there being a box with a few things in it, some old pictures, a book and other various bits, but right at the bottom of the box was a small wooden doll, looked like it was maybe from a dolls house and I had just thrown the whole box out.

The reason i'm commenting is maybe this is why the man doesn't like you, was there anything in the house when you moved in that you have thrown/given away? I would ask your daughter see if she knows anything.

Take care 😊
stormy_minded (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-14)
i agree 100% with whitebuffalo.
And the only reason why I can agree with whitebuffalo is because I have experienced some what of the same thing as you did.
I was staying with my mother and my aunt who stayed in the upstairs bedroom. I was about 3 1/2 months pregnant and was having mis-carriage symptoms.
I usually slept on the couch, but my pregnancy had causing my sleeping pattern to be off. So when I fell asleep I was usually "half asleep". (I don't know if that makes sense to anyone). But I had turn to face the couch and my back to the air.
My mothers side is native american, we believe our family spirits are always around and always protecting us. One night I had felt some touch my upper shoulder and rub slightly. I jumped up and turned around and no body was there.
The next morning I had asked my aunt and my mother if they had touched me while I was sleeping, my family knows that I don't like to be touched unless I promote the hug. So they both replied "no, we know you don't like to be touched".
I had a feeling it was my grandmother who I was very close to when I was little. And possibly she was telling me that everything will be okay.

I think its amazing that your grandmother was looking out for you too. I never met anyone with a likely story...

I hope everything is okay for you and your family now. ❤

- stormy_minded
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-12)
All of the answers that you need are in the Holy Bible. This is the most valid source that you can use to get correct answers. What you are dealing with are familiar spirits. They are not your friend! They come to steal, kill, and destroy, and they are all liars and deceivers. The ONLY way to have authority over these demons is through the authority that Christ gives. Those that belong to Jesus Christ have authority over demons.

(Luk 10:19) Behold! I have given you authority and power to trample upon serpents and scorpions, and [physical and mental strength and ability] over all the power that the enemy [possesses]; and nothing shall in any way harm you.

(Luk 10:20) Nevertheless, do not rejoice at this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are enrolled in heaven. [Exod. 32:32; Ps. 69:28; Dan. 12:1.]

(Col 2:15) And on that cross Christ freed himself from the power of the spiritual rulers and authorities; he made a public spectacle of them by leading them as captives in his victory procession.

Once you repent of your sins to Jesus and allow Him to be Lord and master of your life the demons will flee from you.

There is a spiritual battle raging all around us for the souls of men and the truth that we need to walk in victory is in God's Holy Word.

Check this out
Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i__hDLx4GrQ
whitebuffalo (guest)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Oh my. Oh my, my, my.
THIS is what this is all about. Absolutely amazing.
I started to write out that I truly think this to be your grandmother/father smack dab in the middle of protection mode, when I had the itch to read through the comments (I do not tend to do that BEFORE commenting, as it could possibly "taint" the initial thought process). I see that I am in good company 😊.

Ok. Here is the thing. Your Grandmother (former mid-wife) patted you to let you know "it is time". She TOLD you her great-Grandchild was on the way.
Hang on, 'cause this is where most people will jump on or straight through THIS bandwagon... I TRULY believe that Spirits and Angels can sense our emotions. I honestly am not at all too sure about GHOSTS, but then, you are not dealing WITH a ghost. Some grandparents tend to have a "sixth sense" naturally about their grandchildren. YOUR Grandmother KNEW you were frightened of the experience and USED it to keep your mind OFF the pain.
You CLEARLY wrote that you put the pain out of your mind because of the fear.
Normally, Grandparents do not simply walk their grandchild through a problem then fade back into the woodwork. Oh no. We stick our noses in places they really should not be, just to make sure our babies are ok.
I will be the FIRST to admit THAT.
I would suggest to you that you have a Guardian Angel. Now, I am not positive enough to stake my life on it, but I am pretty sure that this Angel is your Grandmother.
I do not know how comfortable you are in talking with your child about the experiences to "ferret" out a few more answers. But I am just wondering (Please believe that I am NOT trying to say ANYthing bad about you or yours) something.
My daughter, YEARS ago, had a "friend" that she thought was a woman. A bit into the "relationship" she thought she looked like a man who DRESSED as a woman. Near the end there, she pretty well KNEW this was a man. Not in drag. He just did not come in very clearly and had "wisps" about him that appeared, to her, to be a dress.
You say in the storyline that she calls him "him" or "he". That he dressed in clothes like her grandad.

I am sorry. My mind is jumping all over the place here.

Let me step back for a second.

How comfortable would you be in having your daughter (or YOU do it) ask him for HIS name? He told her about her bike. Will he tell her about HIM?
After all. He obviously loves you both very much. He has been with you all this time, wants that little one where she SHOULD be. Safe at home.
Why else would he meticulously lay out the pieces of the locks so that they could be easily reassembled for future use?
Wado for sharing this with us. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL story.

P.S. I just have to say this: I have stood right where you did when the officer said someone tried to break out. That slow chill that creeps down your spine from the nape of your neck? I could vividly visualise the shifting of the eyes to the door, the sink of posture when it registered, looking back down at the pieces of the lock...
You WILL get through this. Now that you are in THIS company, the jeers come a bit slower.
Usually.
Szaffi (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
That's pretty freeky. Usually would say that the man might have been something what your daughter immagined as you said. But there is no way she could have told you word by word what you spoke with the neibour. What totally freeks me out in the story is that someone tried to breake out instad of in... Have you heared about the gohst since?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Yea, Lou, the more I think about, it makes sense... And the way the patio doors were opened too... They just wanted to make sure she could get in! 😊
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
I agree with zzsgranny.:)
I think when your daughter did not return home that evening, the entity flipped out thinking she could not get back in.

Lou
Ashmere (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
colls2211,

Im curious as to if both or either you or daughter are big on security,
Why I ask that is that maybe this spirit is trying to freak you out,
Alot of people assume that spirits has a high level of intelligence, they do to a point but most of them are just like a bored child and they are doing it for some twisted amusement,

This "man" who is talking to your daughter is most likely just messing with you.
Unless hes told your daughter any useful information I wouldn't take any notice of it,

But if you want it to stop don't hesitate to ask.

Hayden
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Colls: Wow, I've never heard of such a thing!...Quite interesting though... It seems strange to me that a spirit would take the locks off to get out... They can pretty much go where the want... Maybe this being thought your daughter had been locked out, and took them off so she would be able to get in?...I don't know, it's a puzzler! 😆...I have to think about this for a while, I'll get back to you. 😊 ❤
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Oh man! The break out thing was unnerving. I know what you mean now about your kids when you commented my story. Yeah, kids seem to be "tuned in" to the paranormal better than most adults. That was a great story though! 😊
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
Woah that's pretty crazy! I wouldn't know what to do in that situation but so far you seem to be handling it very well! Keep it up!
~Sarah~
mahicka (2 posts)
-4
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
dont mind but I think your daughter was his lover or his wife who he loved more then anyone in the world and then he passed away and after some years even she passed away (but with a natural death) she got a new life... But I think your daughter could have been his daughter once upon a time!...anyway its very interesting to know!...what do you think bout my comment?...do you feel it can be possible? 😁
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-23)
I believe that there is a strong connection to this being and your child.
He seems to be watching over you two in some way.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: