You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is It A Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It A Ghost?

 

I am 19 now, but when I as around 11 years old I could sense something in my room, this is after we had a loft conversion (my bedroom was below this one). Weird noises in the night like shuffling of feet and small whispers could be heard in the night. One night it felt as though somebody was breathing on the back of my neck. After this I told my family and my mum went into the bedroom and asked it leave (by this time I was around 15).

I shared my story with my auntie as she used to use that room while she was waiting to move house, this was when I was a toddler. She said when she slept in the room, some nights it felt as though someone was sat on the end of the bed and the mattress would sink down. Now I have moved back home after a month, it seems to be happening more frequently.

Just the other day it sounded like somebody was running up my stairs, so I slammed my bedroom door because I was getting changed, I looked out no-one was there, I shouted downstairs nobody answered and my mum was in the back garden... A few days later, I was locked in the bathroom showering, somebody banged against the bathroom door loud but nobody was home? (This happened during the daytime). I am not the only person who has heard it, I had a friend stay over, they said in the night somebody knocked on my door 3times! The banging has become louder in the night, sounds like somebody is walking in the attic above my bed; this scares my mum when I tell her these things...

Just today my mum went back upstairs and asked it to leave 3more times... Within two hours all the main lights in the house blew...

What do I do now? This can't be my imagination?!

Other hauntings by JLKC

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JLKC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pinkzilla (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-26)
Well, here's what I suggest...

I'm curious, when you asked it to leave, did you tell the ghost he was dead? Most ghosts don't know they are dead. You also need to look at the situation from the ghosts point of view. They think they are still alive but now there are people living in their house, doing renevations, telling him he has to leave, etc. He may have tried talking to you but he is being ignored, no one looks at him so now he is trying to get your attention anyway he can. And it is working.

You can try setting some ground rules. Tell him you don't mind sharing the house but that he has to follow some rules about what isn't allowed (no more banging, no more scaring, etc).

If he doesn't adhere to your rules then I would try crossing him over. Before you try this, I would research the house and property to try and find out who this ghost is. When crossing a spirit over it is helpful and more effective if you address them by their name (this can be a daunting task because there are centuries of people living on the land and unless you have seen the ghost or can talk to it and ask it's name, it can be nearly impossible. But since you can sense his presence, maybe while researching, you might see a picture or read an article and have a sense that that person is your ghost. It's worth a try!). Tell him that he has passed away and needs to cross over into the light. That his loved ones are waiting for him. And that he has nothing to fear.

This ghost of yours doesn't seem malevolent in any way, I just think he is confused and frustrated.

I hope this helps you in some way and I wish you luck. Let me know how things work out for you.

:0)
JLKC (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
thanks for the advice, we asked it leave, I was thinking of going to the local church for holy water but not sure...

Bit of an update I went to bed the other night a poster & a few cards had been pulled out of my pin board and left hanging out?

Jordan
jenny00800 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
You should let your house be blessed by a priest and always pray at night., if it doesn't work I don't know what will.,

Take care always

Jenny ❤ 😁 ❤
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
I don't think your crazy I had something touch me in the middle of the night, it felt like it was leaning over to look at me while I slept on the couch. Then it called my name. So if your crazy I'm crazy. I told it in the name of God to leave and said prayers for it to pass on to the other side. I hope this helps I'm always here. ❤Kalli

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: