You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It All Started As A Joke

Real Ghost Stories

It All Started As A Joke

 

I had been going to see my friends brother for a while and when we were pretty drunk he used to joke and say his house was haunted at first he scared me and then it just wasn't funny anymore since I had seen nothing and didn't believe him boy was I wrong.

It was late one night and we were sleeping down stairs, I felt a hand tap me on my shoulder. I woke up thinking it was Tom but he was still sound asleep. Not thinking anything of it I lay back down and went back to sleep.

A couple of weeks later we were sitting watching the TV, the sound kept on turning up loud then going quiet again it wasn't going up to load so it didn't really bother us. Me and Tom were sitting on the couch and my friend Kristy was sitting in the chair next to us texting on her phone. After a while it got pretty annoying so we shouted at Kristy to behave thinking it was her. The TV turned up on full blast and we shouted at Kristy again we only stopped shouting at her when she pointed out that the remote was on top of the fire on the opposite side of the room.

The next day after we all went out me and Tom went back to his, this time we never had a drop of alcohol so it made this experience all the more scary. As soon as I came in I sat straight down while Tom turned on the TV, the TV came on but the screen was grey and we could hear voices as if it was working but with no picture. Thinking it was just the channel Tom tried to turn it over with the remote but nothing happened, thinking nothing of it he went to turn it off by the switch then turn it back on the only problem was the switch was off the was no electricity getting to the TV yet we could still hear voices. I didn't stay to see what happened next I just ran from the house.

I didn't go back until a couple of weeks later and when I did Tom had company including his 3 year old niece she was playing at the bottom of the stairs which was in the sitting room. The room was filled with us all talking and Tom's niece playing with a toy Hannah Montana guitar which played songs when it suddenly stopped we all looked at Tom's niece and she was staring up the stairs. When we asked her what she was looking at she didn't reply after about 2 minutes of trying to get her attention she looked at Tom and said 'Layton wants you to know he's happy'. Layton was Tom's son he died when he was 5 after being ran over. 2 years ago.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nukey, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-27)
It could be Layton trying to get his dad's attention. My mommy side kicked in and it made me cry on the part that your niece send the message to Tom that Layton is now happy. 😭
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-27)
yeah, but how do you know it's really the child, and not someTHING impersonating the child.

It would be nice to hear what the girl saw on the stairs that told her whatever it said. Surely someone would have asked her, so why not add it here?
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-26)
i was going to say that sometimes a remote control from the house next door can work on the same TV.

But after finishing the story it seems safe to rule out that option, seeing as you heard voices from the TV when it was not even on.
nella1208 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
aawwwww that's so cute I'm glad that tom got to have that message from his son hes very lucky to have a kid that would stay around to comfort him even after death.
Zarynn (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
That's amazing that Tom got to know. I'm sorry for you that Layton died, but it's great to know that he's happy. 😁
jenny00800 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
I was touched with the story, I've been pregnant twice but the baby died in the womb and I feel they are still beside me., I am so hurt that I can't even do anything to make them stay., on to your story I am still crying and creeped out:-)
mahicka (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
awwwww!...i agree with miracles51031... The only thing is that I'm not a mommy... I'm a child!...im 13! 😳
spiritual_twinkie (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
Its really scary. I felt the last part was too weird and scary. 😭
miss_amos (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
nice story yeh he is very lucky to of heard that amazing how a lot of little kids can see things that we cant
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Thats amazing! Well I'm glad his dad got to know that. He is very very lucky. ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-24)
Nukey - this was just another typical ghost story for me until the end. Then my "momminess" kicked in, as well as the tears. I cannot imagine how Tom must have felt when his niece delivered the message from his son. I would have broken down and bawled like a baby 😭.

It seems like all the incidents were probably Layton trying to get his dad's attention. They're the kind of harmless thing little kids will do to get someone's attention. When he couldn't get an adult to "see" him, he found a child who could.

As a parent, it would had to be heartbreaking to think that I didn't realize it was my child that was doing those things and I didn't pay attention.

Did anything else happen after Layton delivered his message? Or was he just putting his dad at peace?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: