You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scratched In My Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Scratched In My Sleep

 

I recently have become ill with a disease, so my friend suggested that I start doing Wicca "The practice of white magic". So I took it upon myself to do so. I did a white magic spell and asked the gods to bless me with health. It didn't take long before something very strange happened.

The very next morning I woke up I felt better than I have felt in months. I sat up in my bed and did a little stretch and felt a little tenderness on my leg just below my knee. I pulled the blanket back and there were four scratches like that of a cat. Two of the scratch lines come to a point, pointing up and the other two scratch lines come to a point pointing down. They are about 7 inches in length and not painful at all, just a little tender.

Now I know for a fact that this did not happen by accident, I do not have a cat, I do not have long fingernails. Not only that, but the shape of scratches could not have been created by a human finger because they are so very thin. I want to know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, has anyone experienced anything like this. I feel honored to have been touched from the other side or by a paranormal force. I'm not sure what this was or if it was good or evil.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Luna_Azule, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Crionna (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-15)
In your post, you stated your scratches did not hurt, but were tender. I have one theory, but, unfortunatly, I don't know you so you will have to ask yourself these questions.

1. Did you feel curious, unthreatened, when you saw the scratches?

2. Is your favorite animal in the cat family, such as a lion, jaguar, tiger, etc.?

3. This will sound a bit wierd, but, did you take a weird sence of pride or exceptance in finding the scratches on your skin.

If you ansered yes to these questions, then it is probably your Spirit Animal trying to connect with you. If so, you a SO lucky! I've been trying to call upon mine for about a month with little luck.

I hope my comment helped you in some way,
Blessed be) O (
Princess_Ai (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
i totally understand what you're going through. I've been dealing with this same issue since 2005 up until now. It started off as something that happened all the time and than it would stop for a long time and start up again. I noticed that when I am feeling depressed or stressed that's when it happens and its when I am asleep and then when I wake up in the morning its already a really thin scratch that already looks like a scab. This has happened at my home and at other people's houses[like when I stay the night at a friends place].

One thing I find weird is that recently I haven't been feeling depressed and I've been in a pretty good mood lately but the new scratches I have now are on my upper right shoulder. Very thin and I notice that one scratch was in the shape of the letter J with some little thin scratches near it. The other scratches was in the middle of my upper back/near my neck and it was VERY thin in a straight curvy line. All this happened when I spent a 2 day weekend at my best friends apartment and when I woke up I just felt odd so I was rubbing my shoulder/neck and I notice them.

I tried to come up with some other explanations as to what else it could be but... I don't have a cat and I don't have long thin nails that could make these scratches and she had her cats sleeping with her in her room with the door shut and I was in the living room by myself.

At my house I have had these scratches on my chest... Upper arms... I had one on my face[thank go no one notice it]...lower back,etc. I have very short arms so there's no way I could have done this myself and all this have happened on different occasions.

I have dealt with some paranormal experiences that I couldn't explain why what was happening was happening. I can also sense when I feel that something is with me or like I am being followed but I have never seen what it was because I choose not to. I have a VERY strong intuition and there use to be nights when I would go into the kitchen and I would hear foot steps going up the garage stairs and it stops at the door. Every night it would sound very light but one night they were VERY heavy and it really scared me to the point that I called my boyfriend at the time crying[he's dealt with the paranormal too and had experiences]. I haven't heard them ever sense I heard the last one.

My best friends apartment feels very weird to me ever since I started going over there but I can't really figure out what I don't like about her place. All I know is that at night it makes me feel kind of uncomfortable.

I am still getting the scratches but I can't really put a finger on what it is...who's doing it...etc.
darkcookie (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
It seems you have a evil spirit on your hands most likely a demon I do not know anything about Wicca but I suggest you stop people say it does not deal with demons but demons are still real. They will keep attacking you until you do something
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
seventhz777z - thank you for your apology. We all have our different opinions and beliefs and, thank God, are free to express them.
seventhz777z (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
I apologize for offending everyone with my statement. I did not mean by my comment that Wiccan is a form of demon worship. I do understand that in the Wiccan faith Satan and demons do not exist (in some denominations), and Wicca teaches strong morals. My opinion is routed in my personal beliefs that can be better explained here http://www.wiccawitchcraft.net/. I am not trying to push my beliefs on you or anyone else. Again, I am sorry that I offended y'all.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
Well if the original scratches you found were anything like this:

Http://images3.cpcache.com/product/witchcraft++satanic-symbol-sigil/33818073v27_225x225_Front.jpg

You may have been marked by some edgy entity.
DieCon (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
oh my god this is totally my life. I posted my last comment yesterday about the scratches, and the interest in wicca. Later that day I started to look up moon phases, how to make a book of shadows, and symbols for the deities. I also made my mind that on October first I would start practicing. Then today I wake up with a scratch on my arm. The scratch was about 3 inches long, horizontal on my left forearm. It never broke the skin so no blood and the strangest part is my phone won't take a picture now so 😭 😠 well gotta go wish me luck.
DieCon (4 stories) (25 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-09-29)
first I must say I am not a skeptic at all. I just think that all information should be gathered to make a complete informed analysis.

Id say if they keep happening get a camera or or web cam and film yourself sleeping. You may find out that this is just you injuring yourself in the deepest stages of sleep. On the other hand you may catch something that will make a great story to post on here later.

Second this is not a demon or angel. Its just a side effect of what interacted with you. Kind of like an oopsy; I just meant to toss you the ball not hit you in the face with it.

P.S.
I am very interested in the Wicca faith. I just live in a state that bible thumps so hard it makes the earth shack. I have no guide to bring me to what from my research sounds like what is the most peaceful and beautiful religion I have ever had the pleasure to discover. ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-29)
I just reread a comment I typed and realized, due to my anger, I made a HUGE mistake. Here is what I wrote "And it certainly is black magic or demons."

I meant to say "And it certainly ISN'T black magic or demons." I needed to make that clear. Sometimes leaving off a couple of letters changes the whole meaning of a sentence.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
Luna, I also apologize for hijacking your story. It's disheartening to see so many misconceptions about the Wiccan faith.
Now, I've read your story through a few times, and nothing is clicking for me. I am just coming up with absolutely no ideas. I do have a few questions though.
Your friend who suggested you try Wicca, is that person Wiccan? Have you talked about this with your friend? How thoroughly did you research your healing spell? Did you call on any specific Gods/Goddesses? Did you close your circle properly?
Sometimes, things happen in life that seem very unnerving at the time, only for us to realize later that it was nothing to be scared of at all. This may end up being one of those things that will only make sense much further down the road. Wish I had some answers, and not just questions. ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
seventhz777z - again Luna Azule I'm borrowing your page. I'm sorry. Seventhz7777z, it seems like you may not know exactly what Wiccan is all about so I'd like to share something with you and anyone else who is under the wrong impression.

As I said in my first comment to you, I do not practice Wicca, but that doesn't mean that I'm not interested in it. I am. I just do not practice it. Do you know that the #1 Golden Rule of Wicca is "Harm None?"

Several years ago someone hurt one of my children. And I wanted that person to die. There are still days that I wish that person would disappear. When I discussed my interest in Wicca with some of my Wiccan friends, one of whom has become a member of my "family," they ALL advised me not to as long as I have that dark feeling in me. As long as I know that I would have no remorse if that someone "disappeared," I was advised to refrain from becoming Wiccan.

I shared this with you only to tell you how wrong you are in your opinion of the Wiccan faith. I'm not expecting to change your mind. I just wanted to give you first-hand information.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
Luna Azule - after reading your story (I apologize again for going off like that), I realize that you experienced something very similar to what my daughter experienced. My daughter experienced 3 very thin scratches on and off for a period of a couple of years and then they just stopped.

I DO NOT believe they were demonic in nature because there was never any indication that there was a demonic presence in our home.

If you are intereted in seeing if your situation is similar, my daughter's story is called "She Wakes Up With Scratches."

Good luck with your situation and I wish you my best.
Sarah-Sadist (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
Maybe its that things way of telling you its there. I'm sorry I wouldn't know what to concider the thing that scratched you. 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
seventhz777z - wow, that's a very mean and untrue statement if I've ever read one. I'm not even going to bother asking where you have obtained your information because, frankly, I don't care.

"Ignorance is a state of being uninformed." I don't even think this word applies to you because you can google Wicca and find the definition for it.

Here, I've done that for you to make it simpler: Wicca is a very peaceful, harmonious and balanced way of life. Wiccans promotes oneness with the divine and all that exists."

I have friends who practice Wicca and let me tell you, not one of them deals with demons. I don't know who you are, but I think you'd better "rethink" what Wicca is.

I'm sure there are plenty of Wiccans who will be happy to explain to you EXACTLY what it is that they do believe in. And it certainly is black magic or demons.

You have certainly managed to push my buttons and I'm not Wiccan.

I apologize to the author of this story. I didn't even read your story because I was so p*ssed off at this comment. Again, I am so sorry. Your story did not deserve this.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
Um, seventhz777z, where did you get your information on Wicca? You may need to search out a more reliable source. Wicca doesn't deal with demons. It's a nature-based religion, with a strong emphasis on positive energy. You can't deal in positive energy and demons at the same time. Please research this a little more before forming an inaccurate opinion about Wicca.
seventhz777z (1 stories) (7 posts)
-4
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
I would venture to say that it is bad. Wicca is a form of witchcraft that deals with demons. While it may sound and feel convincing that it's "good" witchcraft, there really is no such thing. The best way for a demon to ensnare someone is to convince them they are 'good'. This may include good feelings, or a helping hand like healings. I am 100% convinced that no Angel or good spirit would ever scratch someone. This type of response has always been associated with something evil. I would stay away from Wicca. While you may want to use these powers for "good", you are still making a deal with the wrong side to do it.
StephanDragon (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
well of what I know it may have been leaving a sign to You that it has been there, what ever it may be. If your illness is passing and you are feeling well I would say keep doing what you are doing. If it were evil you would most likely become more sick. Just always pray to the gods and set a white light around yourself in your mind and all will be well
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
I've been scratched. Awake asleep, doesn't matter soon after the scratches I'd get slapped or bit. It's not a good thing. When my scratches they're only three but not evenly spaced. I get poke bruises as well. I'll pray for you. I hope it stops soon. Bless you & yours. Much love ❤

'LSD'
SmokeyEyes (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-28)
Hi Luna,
I have had similar experiences in my house, though not for about a year now. I was mostly scratched while I was awake (watching tv, painting, even combing 1 of my daughters hair!) but the worst 'attack' was in my sleep. I know who caused mine though. Did yours heal quickly? Mine would be healed within 24hrs, whereas if my cat scratches me, it takes a few days to start healing. Best advice I had was to tell mine to stop or he would have to move on. He's stopped scratching me, but he makes up for it in other ways because he is an attention seeker!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: