You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Household Prankster

Real Ghost Stories

Household Prankster

 

So this is my first post, and it's also the most recent of any of my experiences. I will post the others as I get them written out.

My Husband and I, and our 2 year old son, live in an apartment in a good neighborhood in central VA. I've never worried that this apartment was haunted. I've lived in a haunted house and this just didn't FEEL haunted. Until our next door neighbor moved out, and a young couple moved in about three weeks ago...

Ever since they moved in, I've had feelings like I'm being watched, like I'm not alone. The first time I noticed anything strange, it was early afternoon, a day or two after the new neighbors moved in. My son was taking a nap, and my husband was at work. I was resting on the couch when I heard a doorknob in the hallway jiggle. Thinking it was my son trying to get out of his room, I got up to tell him to go back to sleep (I had just put him down about 5 minutes before). I walked into the hallway and looked into my son's room. He was in his bed, so I walked over to him to tell him not to get up again. He was sound asleep. I backed out of his room, and stood in the hallway feeling confused. To my right was my bedroom, to my left my son's room, and directly in front of me, the bathroom. All three doors were slightly open. I could see inside each room. There was no one near either door. I went back to the couch, hoping I could watch a little bit of TV before my son woke up again. About two minutes later, I heard the doorknob again. This time, I jumped up and ran to my son's room. He was still in bed, still asleep. I just assumed my imagination was in overdrive and went on with my day. Nothing else happened for about a week and I forgot about the doorknobs.

I was lying in bed with my husband, trying to get to sleep. It was a little bit past midnight. I had started to doze off and suddenly I was looking down at my husband. He was still on the bed, but he was alone. I was being lifted up towards the ceiling by something I couldn't see. I tried to yell for him to help me but no sound came out. Whatever was trying to take me suddenly dropped me and I fell back down on the bed. That was when I woke up, and when I opened my eyes, I saw a shadowy figure at the end of the bed. It had long grey hair covering its face. As I focused on it, it drifted from my husband's side of the bed, over to mine. Scared, I turned to my husband and woke him up. I asked if he saw anything behind me, and he said no. I told him about the dream, and he told me I must be overtired. I was finally able to go to sleep, and told myself it was all a dream.

Last night, I was in bed, almost asleep. My husband was lying on his side, and when he rolled onto his back it woke me up. I turned onto my side, facing him and he put his arm under my head. I thought I felt his hand on my shoulder, so I wiggled my shoulder to make sure it was really there. I didn't feel anything. Again I felt like he put his hand on my shoulder, but this time I didn't move. After a few seconds, I felt fingers grab my shirt and pull out away from my shoulder. I jumped and told my husband to stop, but as I sat up, I saw that his hand was under my pillow and he said that's where it had been the whole time.

Is this all in my head, or could there be something here? Does it have anything to do with the new neighbors? I really don't know what to think!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Crystal717, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
Be careful if your writting stange stories that just pop into your head then whatever is in your house could be trying to influence you. Renovation and sadness does attract ghost attention so if your could relieve a even a little tension in your house that might help your experiences. If the experiences get worse you should probibly research how to get rid of it. Hope that helps. ❤Kalli
Crystal717 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
Autumn, that makes total sense. We haven't lived here very long, and my husband also said it was probably stress. I will let you know if I experience anything else.
Autumn13 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
I had the same thing happen to me in bed. My husband was asleep in our new place and I was just dozing off but felt like I was being lifted. I also was slowly being spun. I tried to call out to my husband, but he didn't respond, he was just snoring in bed! Then I felt like I was suddenly dropped back onto the bed. My husband said he never felt the bed move, but I just was in tears and told him I was not dreaming. He thinks I was under too much stress, since we were in the process of moving again. But I don't think I was. Please let me know if you experience this again or if you have any solutions. For me this was about 3 months ago, and I am afraid that it may happen again, and want to be prepared... If that makes any sense.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-28)
Hi crystal, let me share to you something. My boyfriend used to have a neighbor that is full of negative energy. What made me say that? Everytime I visit him, I would here them cursing and shouting at each other. I've never heard them talk calmly. When they moved in, I see black shadows all the time. But, when that neighbor moved out, the black shadows disappeared like a snap. In my opinion, it could be brought by your neighbor since you said that it started to happen when they moved in. Just a suggestion, why not try to envelope yourself and your love ones with a white light for protection. Try to produce more positive energy since most of the time these creatures feed on your fears. Just a suggestion my dear.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-28)
If it is a poltergeist, it is not likely to have a connection the new neighbors. Poltergeist activity is not relly a ghost precisely, but a form of telekenesis. This sort of activity occurs when a person is under stress or emotional turmoil. The stress/emotional energy takes a "life" of it's own, and starts acting out the person's frustrations. It is sort of the mind externalizing it's stress. I've always thought this is the mind's way of forcing one to deal with whatever stress or emotion they may be trying to bury.
Poltergeist activity is most common with teenagers. It can sometimes affect an adult who is going through a rough time. Poltergeist activity fixes on one person, usually the individual whose stress spawned the activity to begin with. Other members of the household may experience things, but usually the person to whom the activity belongs will get the brunt of the chaos. The activity stays centered around that one person. A poltergeist manifestation will fade as the stress which led to it's creation fades. If you think you have enough stress or emotional chaos to have created a poltergeist, try meditation or other forms of relaxation. Reduce the stress, reduce the activity.
For what it's worth, it doesn't really sound like a poltergeist. Not unless you are really cheesed off for some reason about these new neighbors. Maybe the new couple moving in has changed the energy in the area, and woke up a few previously quiet ghosts who are checking out the neighborhood to see what's changed.
The stuff that happened to you in bed...well...you say that you had started to doze off when those events happened. The mind can conjure up some strange things in a half-awake/half-asleep state. It may have been no more than a waking dream. I realize I'm going to get ripped into for saying that lol, but try not to get too worried about that particular event. If you are convinced something is there, then set up a recording device (camera, voice recorder, etc.) and see if you can catch anything. Keep a journal of any strange events, with date, time, weather conditions, moon phase. This will give you something to look back over, to back up your experiences.
Ok, I'm done rambling now. Sorry that was so long.
Crystal717 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-28)
The new neighbors are not teenagers, they both just graduated from college. I have considered the possibility of a poltergeist and have done a little research into cleanings and blessings and things like that. Is it possible for this entity to get violent? I don't want anything to happen to anyone else. If it's truly a poltergeist, I want to deal with it without involving my husband or son.
DieCon (4 stories) (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-28)
Are the neighbors younger like late teens early twenty's? If one of them is female she may have a poltergeist attached to her. The added energy from it may have woken dormant energy in you or what is in your house. Kind of like hitting the power button on your TV. Another possibility is that they have connections to the other side (how ever they come by getting them is their own business) a overactive guardian angel a relative or loved one that has not crossed.

what ever the case may be you should consult a person willing to cleanse your house, or go online and find a ritual for doing it that you can believe in. If you don't the likelihood of it continuing is high. With periodic dormant phases.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: