You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Church

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Church

 

First of all I better let everyone know I'm from Sweden so I'm sorry in advance for any spelling errors.

This took place several years ago, I think I was 12 or 13, (I'm 22 now) and me and my family were in a town called Ramsberg in Sweden.

My dad was a gunfreak when I was little. He had a lot of them and he always went on competitions and such all over Sweden. But this particular time the competition were close to where we lived, so me, mum and my two brothers decided to tag along.

To kill some time we decided to visit a very old church in central town. When we walked up to the gate it was locked, and we got a bit frustrated since we really wanted to see it, we heard it was gorgeous inside with old paintings and all. Anyway, we walked to the back of the church and found a door leading to the church bathrooms. We walked in and found it was an inner door leading to the church. Of course, we went inside, even though the church was not open.

When we came inside, we found that we were all alone.

We stood in the aisle and looked around, when we suddenly heard footsteps leading up to the church balcony. At first we didn't notice, but suddenly my mum hushed us and said, "Listen!" Me and my brothers got quiet and just listened for a while, but after some time the footsteps faded away. We didn't bother at the time, thought it had a natural explanation. For some reason, we looked down at the glass doors at the end of the church, when we suddenly saw a black shadow grow behind it. It looked to the left, right and then straight to us. The shadow vanished in thin air, and then the doors started wiggling. Right after that a strong wind blew through the church, so strong I thought I'd fall over! Mum grabbed us by our hands and pulled us out of there.

Right at the time when it was happening, I wanted to stay and see more. But when we got out, my legs started shaking and I thought we couldn't get to the car fast enough.

I've been experiencing a lot more than this, but this is the most severe. I'd love to publish more, if anyone is interested!

Other hauntings by Melime

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melime, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
Hi Melime, Was this church a tourist attraction? Why was it closed? Years ago, before there was a lot of crime, churches were open 24/7, for anyone to go into to take 'sanctuary'. Has that all changed, or am I out of touch?
Very interesting account, by the way! I am going to read more from you. 😊
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-28)
[at] teneki:
Well, we were actually very nice kids and respectfull in the church. But if we angered it, it might have been cause we were sneaking in after opening hours?
teneki (10 stories) (140 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-10)
No clue how respectful or disrespectful you were being in the church. Being kids, I could almost imagine you cutting up a bit as we all do. I also remember somewhere in the bible it saying every church having an angel. Maybe you accidentally angered the angel of the church?
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
No, maybe it was an old church worker or something that wanted us out of there!
Thank you so much for the kind words, I sure will post more! 😊 ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
Wow sounds like something or someone was not very happy about having visitors while the church was closed. I am sure all of you were pretty frightened. I would be very interested in reading more. Hope you decide to post your other experiences. 😊 ❤
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
And oh, bluesman87, I did publish this one on "your true tales", but it was pretty long ago:)
Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
Thank's a lot guys!:)

Zzsgranny: The curch is about 300 years old, but contains stuff that are a bit older, like the font from 1672. It's a christian church and they still hold services there:) That's all I can find out atm: (
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
It is possible to publish a story on more than one site... There are quite a few on here...I've never done it, but I have seen the different reactions, depending on where it's posted...
bluesman87 (14 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
wasn't this story on about.com in "your true tales"? Nearly word for word.
Rashidah (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-29)
The church probably have lot of negative energy in it for it to be haunted.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2010-09-29)
Melime: Of course we're interested! 😆...

Just a couple of questions: do you know how old the church is?...What denomination and do they still hold services there?... (See how I cleverly combined two questions into one? 😆)...

It's funny how while these types of things are occuring, you don't want to look away, and don't realize you were downright petrified during the whole thing until after the fact!

Good story, and thanks for posting... Looking forward to more! 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-29)
Love it! You don't hear about many church hauntings. The few stories I have read though have all been very interesting. Thanks for posting. 😁
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-29)
Wow that's a really interesting story I've only read a few times of church hauntings. I would love to read more of your stuff. ❤ Kalli

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: