You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The House At Bobstay Ave No.3

Real Ghost Stories

The House At Bobstay Ave No.3

 

After having visitors at night I started getting use to them. I was still very young. My bedroom window was close to the swimming pool. I heard only one time children playing around the swimming pool and laughing. But I didn't call for my mother for then they would disappear.

The footsteps in the hall didn't scare me any more. It was starting to make me fall asleep quicker.

I think I was 13 years old when I woke one night to go to the bathroom. As I walked out of my bedroom I just had to look towards the open planned kitchen and lounge. Just my luck there was a man standing right there in the kitchen looking my way.

I went to my dad and woke him up. The alarm didn't go off but he went to look and as usual they fade away. A few nights later the stove's extractor fan went on. My dad almost crapped himself. But once again no one in sight that he could see.

I knew they believed all the things that happened to me, but how do you explain this to your child?

The scariest thing I experienced in that house was when I was 16. My brother left the house after school and went to a "boy vs man" camp thing. He was suppose to stay there for a year but returned of 6 months. The so called place he went to wasn't what they said they were. But any way... Lucky me! My brother is out of the house and I am moving into his room which is so much bigger than mine.

So happy to have taken over his room and it felt like heaven. A few nights later I woke up and looked straight up at the ceiling. There was a man hanging like "spider man" on the ceiling. He was old. Almost completely bald and grey. He had an American football jacket on that was red and white. He turned his head towards me and took his right hand off the ceiling and pointed a finger at me and said in a loud voice: "YOU!" I can still remember his angry expression on his face.

I yelled as loud as I could and my mom entered my room and switched on the light and he was gone. My mother did go back to bed and I slept with the light on. For quite a while the light was my buddy and the door never stayed closed.

This man, I believe was more of a warning in the future which is now the past. My mom and dad divorced when I was 21 and 1 year later she met a guy. I didn't know then but he looked exactly like the man hanging from my ceiling. He was a bastard! He tried killing my mother a couple of times and when he threw my mom with an iron on her head, which she needed stitches, he was very quick to hide behind a bathroom door when he had to face me. Chicken poop! Luckily my mother did escape his cruel ways.

Back to my story. I moved back to my old room when my brother returned. My dad decided to build on another room onto the house which ended up being the lounge. My friend came to visit me and we were watching movies on the sleeper couch. The new lounge was still empty due to painting that needs to be done. My mom did cover the windows with old curtains. We were 17. It was about midnight and we heard a funny noise coming from the kitchen. Then all of a sudden something black came past us in a flash and straight out the new lounge window, which was closed then. The noise the window made was if someone was banging on the window.

We ran to my father and woke him up. He took out his gun and made his way to the kitchen and found nothing. He walked to the window were we saw this thing going to. The window was opened. But I knew it was closed before.

As the years went past nothing in that house could scare me that I wasn't used to already. My brother moved out to stay with my granny after my grandfather past away. I moved in with my fiance. My parents got divorced and my mother sold the house 3 years after that.

I loved that house and I miss it silly.

Other hauntings by Antionette

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Antionette, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Antionette (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-05)
Dear Trix

I would also freak if I had to find out the land use to be a devil wordship ground. I will move as fast as I could. The place where I grew up is not bad. The spirits are just lost. Back in there days there wasn't proper medicine. They had there families with them and I am sure there is a lot of men that did die in the mines in that time. I have tried searching about it but was not successfull.

Thanks for the comment

-ANT
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-04)
Hi Antionette, thanks for sharing your story. The one hanging from the ceiling! You are right it is the land that is the problem not the house. My father built a house in Witbank and strange things happened there. They did research and they discovered that it was a place where devil worshippers did there rituals and whatever they do. Before they build on that land it came out that remains of cats were found also and the skins of black cats. It's creepy though. I'm sure of it that if my father knew it then, he would have never built in that area. Did you try and get history of that land? It would be interesting to know what happened there. You must let us know if you find out. I'm glad your mother left that creep. Take care and good luck. ❤
Antionette (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
Dear HBK

Its not the house that's haunted. Its the area. It was a house my mom and dad build together.
Ive also build my own home. We have a man haunting here. But not harmfull. He started making himself known when I fell pregnant 2 years ago. My daughter sees him. He loves playing tricks on us.

Thanks for the comments.
-ANT
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
Antionette... Wow thanks for sharing that last piece of the story with us... Now when you put all 3 stories together it seems like something bad had happened in that house... And to make it more scarier was that man dangling down your ceiling, I think that in that time in that house they performed devilry which is a huge contribution of all the bad things that have happened. I really hope you have more of these types of expierences

HBK
Antionette (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
Dear Genevieve,
I like your name by the way.
I realised it only this year. I am now 29. She started dating him when I was about 24. My husband & I were talking about ghost and the experiences with our friends & when I descriped the guy to my husband, it's then when I realised who it was. She is not dating him any more and thank goodness for that otherwise the next time I want to talk to her, would be at her grave.
I know it sounds crazy to believe that the guy I saw on the ceiling is the same guy she dated, but I can still remember his face.
My mom's ex was a real idiot. He is a racist towards everybody that doesn't look like him.
He was very quick to hide behind the bathroom door when I wanted to give him some of his own medicine.

Thank you for the comment.

-ANT
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
Wow, I can definitely understand why you were terrified when you saw that man on your ceiling! I'm really sorry to hear that he was such an ******* to your mom; people that do unconscionable things like that to their so-called "loved ones" should be locked up for a very long time, if not worse. Thank God she survived that horrible ordeal, unfortunately many women don't. Many prayers and blessings to you and your family.
You said that you didn't realize until later that the man that abused your mom was the same one that had been on your ceiling when you were 16. About how long after you met the creep did you realize it was him? Was your mom still dating him, or was he already out of the picture by then?
Also, did you ever see the red and white football jacket while your mom was dating him? Thank you for sharing your story.

Genevieve

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: