You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis?

 

I've been having these "sleep paralysis" episodes for a while now. The first time it happened I woke up and I couldn't move or open my eyes and it felt like someone was on top of me shaking me. When I was finally able to get up I realized my shoulders were stinging so I looked at them in the mirror and I had red marks on my shoulders where it looked like something grabbed me. I felt like I wasn't alone and I felt like I was lost and alone. The only thing I could do was cry.

About a year ago I was saved and accepted Jesus Christ as my savior (I don't want to offend anyone, I'm just telling my story). After that they happened more and more but they were never as bad as the first time. I was always able to pull through it very easily by praying in my mind and asking God to help me, and I always felt very comforted by it. A few nights ago I had 3 dreams about my mother's sister who passed away from cancer at a young age and I have never even met her. Each dream was just like the previous, in each one she was dying and I felt nothing but grief and they were very scary. It seems strange since I didn't even know my aunt.

The next night I had another "sleep paralysis" episode but it was different. I was laying on my side and I had just woke up. All of a sudden my body started to go numb and something started pushing me down into the bed. I started to pray and all of sudden something growled really loud above me and then I came out of it. It was scary because I was awake when it happened and normally it happens when I'm half asleep. I can't explain it. I personally think I'm being harrassed by a demon because I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior. What do you think? (again I'm not telling this story to offend anyone. I don't want to get into a religious battle over the internet. I'm just trying to tell my story. If you're offended by my beliefs then I'm sorry but please don't leave a nasty comment. Thank you)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chels18, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-03)
Could easily be sleep paralysis. If we assume the marks on your shoulders were a coincidence (maybe you hurt them in the day and didn't remember?), everything else fits sleep paralysis perfectly. The 'sinking into the bed' sounds like a variant of an out-of-body experience, where instead of floating UP out your body you felt you floated DOWN. Lots of people have experienced OBEs, and they often happen during sleep and are not a sign of a demon but a perfectly natural phenomenon, if a little creepy-feeling! The correlation with your new faith could so easily be a coincidence (and not even a very remarkable coincidence at that, IMO) that I don't personally think it worth considering. Not demon - very mild sleep disorder!
Jitow (362 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-01)
That is correct sweet heart. You have a gift from God to discern. They will give up real soon if you continue to pray. Consider it great thing.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
not so sure this is sleep paralysis. Good to hear you are keeping the possibility's open... Could be demonic oppression, the way you are describing the reaction to prayer and recent conversion.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-29)
Hi Chels18: You could be right. I was raised in a Christian home and was raised with the same beliefs. I'm not fluent with the Bible and am not super-religious so I can't quote anything but a lot of "Born again Christians" seem to hold the same beliefs. Apparantly, the closer you are to God, the more the enemy seems to attack you. That is what I've always been told. I'm not saying that is the right answer. I'm just saying that I was raised with the same beliefs. You could talk to your pastor about these experiences.

Everyone is entitled to their own religious beliefs and so do whatever is comfortable to you. Good luck. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: