You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: House Of Strange

Real Ghost Stories

House Of Strange

 

I live in El Monte, California and I (along with a few others) have noticed strange occurrences in my house; especially my bedroom. I have sleep insomnia so I'm always the only person in my house who is up after 3:00-am and I always hear and see strange things. I need help because I've tried to research past paranormal activity in my house but I haven't found anything. I once heard noises in the kitchen in the middle of the night and I saw an old ghost woman in a blue dress in my kitchen playing with the knives that were in the drawer. I just ran back into my room because I usually do that when strange things like that happen. Here are some other occurrences that have happened in my house:

My mother collects porcelain dolls (I'm against it and I'm completely horrified of them). They are on a shelf in the den (which is where I'm sitting as I write this). They are always disappearing and reappearing. There's about 15 of them and right now on the shelf I only see four when there were plenty more yesterday. There is one in a graduation suit that is always in a different position. It scares the crap out of me.

My room was about to go under construction so all of the furniture was moved out except for a temporary fold away bed. I decided to invite my friend Sasha and cousin Elizabeth to spend the night. We were up late and we were laying down on the bed right next to the window and when we turned of the lights, splatter of blood went all over it. We screamed and turn the lights back on. It was gone. Then when we turned them off again, something was trying to come in through the window which was closed. Elizabeth described it as a clown looking thing. I say it looked more like an old lady in a dress and Sasha said she couldn't get a good glimpse of it. Later on when the rooms were getting re-modeled, the workers and my dad were tearing the walls down when they heard the doorbell ring and footsteps on the roof. My dad's friend went to go answer the door but nobody was there. Then my dad realized something, he said, "We don't have a doorbell."

My sister and I used to share my room together. I was about 9 and it was around Christmas when I was playing with a stuffed animal (a pink bunny) and when I put it away in my sister's closet I noticed it was bouncing as if it were dancing. I backed away and it started winking at me. This thing was a lifeless stuffed toy. I ran out of the room and grabbed my sister and told her to get the bunny. She brought it to me and it didn't do anything. So, I wasn't too thrilled about a toy coming to life to I ripped it's head off and threw it away. What else could I have done?

I was sleeping by the window in my room (my sister and I were still sharing it) and I woke up in the middle of the night (because of my insomnia) and the picture of my sister holding her newborn son right out of the hospital caught my attention. I noticed it was moving. Then my sister in the picture turned and looked at me winked and dropped her baby. I was so scared I ran back to my bed, hid under the covers and cried myself to sleep because I had no idea what else I could do. The next week, her son went to the hospital to get surgery done on his back because something had gone wrong with him.

Years ago my sister was lying in her room (which is now mine since she moved out) and she looked up and saw a floating person. A girl-so she thought it was- with baby feet and a baby face but a woman's body wearing an old folklorico dress and a huge black hat was just there, staring at her. She closed her eyes in fear and when she opened them it was gone.

My uncle used to sleep in my room before I was born and he had gotten up in the middle of the night to get a glass of water (it's usually scorching hot during the mid-summer) so as he's walking through the door frame, he feels that somebody is pushing him back and he looks up and sees a huge red figure that was wearing black coat/cape-like apparel. He's startled by the what he called "demon" and drew back, but then it disappeared. So my uncle thought he was just hallucinating so he tried to be tough and keep going. My room is at the end of the hall and my house becomes pitch-black during the nighttime. When he arrived at the kitchen he got water and when he was drinking it he noticed it had a rusted taste to it, he looked down and saw it was brown. Disgusted, he drops it, but he hears a scream the moment it hits the floor and he looks through the window in the living room and sees a young naked lady drenched in blood running towards the sliding glass door. He drops to the floor and she hits the sliding door leaving a hand-print in blood. He blacked out until the next morning. My parents said they found him in the morning in a trance rocking back and forth in a hunched position in the middle of the floor. He was surrounded by cockroaches and he would flick them away but they would get right back up and crawl towards him again. He swore it was real and he's been traumatized since.

I really need to know what to do. I don't want to leave my house and I don't have the power to either, but I can barely take these bizarre happenings. I'm growing tired of hearing footsteps down the hallway and people with strange whisperings. The insomnia doesn't help either. So if anyone has any advice, please say something.

Other hauntings by ikilledjulia

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ikilledjulia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

butthead (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-02)
sounds strange that the apparation of the baby faced/feet but yet the body of a bigger person? A woman draped in blood runing towards the window and he blacked out (I wonder if she did not stop to continue and somehow 'got inside' of him, leaving him how you found him rocking back and forth).

I don't know but I think it is all linked to some extent.

If it was trying to warn you about the baby becoming ill, (dropping it in the picture?) then I think if it was a warning it would not have been so blunt and nasty to witness.

The other happenings also suggest demon/evil intent in my opinion,
Perhaps it is linked with the dolls that would make sense. But in order to gain your attention it does not seem to do it in very kind ways.

Dont let it create what I think it is trying to find, fear in you and those you live with... This would only make it stronger, and it seems to be fairly strong already.

If this is still continuing I think you need to take cleansing measures.
This thing does seem to be very active and I think the longer you don't act, the potential for worse things can increase.

ikilledjulia (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
Yeah, I've wondered about connections too. And I did notice the winking...
I'm trying to find out which is the best ritual or ceremony to perform. Thank you all for your suggetions.
:)
I'll try to keep you all updated if anything else occurs.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
I usually look for common themes in a story, and yours seems to involve a baby in some way in a couple of the haunts. The other is the winking. Odd to have two diff encounters that both involved the subject winking at you. Sometimes, just breaking it down may help you discover a meaning or reasoning. Sometimes these haunts are just too complex a riddle. Anyway, best of luck to you. Be strong and fight. Perform some type of cleansing in your home.
mementomori (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
This is very interesting and very strange... It sounds like a scary movie. I wonder what all of the sightings mean (like the "girl" with the baby head and feet and woman's body and the demon in the cape). I wonder if any of these spirits link together or have any connection at all. I look forward to any future stories you may have. I hope it all stops for you, though. These spirits could be what's causing your insomnia.
Ibid (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
Play Surat Al Baqara throughout your house. All unwelcome guests will flee.
ikilledjulia (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
Thank you, I could not find anything on my house and the past owners but I'm still looking and I'm checking libraries to see if there's anything on it. So far there hasn't... Excellent idea, I will let you know if anything happens after the ceremony. Thank you for you're help.:)
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-29)
Thanks for sharing your experiences- I enjoyed reading about them.

It sounds like you have multiple spirits in your house and on your property. You said that you tried to research the PARANORMAL history of your house but did you research the actual history of your house and property? If not I suggest you do so. It sounds like there was some major trauma there (the bloody woman that was seen by your uncle).

If nothing comes up on the history, I would look to the dolls. Ghosts can attatch themselves to objects and I think some of your activity stems from them (the fact that the dolls disappear and reappear, and that creepy graduation one that moves all the time).

You can try a smudging ceremony on your house and smudge the dolls too (my husband and I always smudge anything we bring into our house that have had a previous owner). There is an article on this website that will walk you through it.

I hope things get better for you. Please let us know how things work out for you.

:0)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: