You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Lost Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Lost Girl

 

I remember once as a little girl my grandmother would tell me lots of stories and all were true. More than anything they would fascinate me instead of scare me. I would go into her room and sit in a chair as she would tell me things from her bed. One story in particular was the one about the little girl she once saw in the very house we were in and how she helped the little girl to cross back over to where she needed to be.

Well one evening as my grandmother was cleaning up her house after a dinner party she was in the kitchen, but she kept hearing a sound from the living room that sounded like crying from a child, so she went from the kitchen and into the living room to check and see if it was all her imagination. She looked around nothing was out of place and there definitely was not anybody in the living room. Nevertheless my grandmother proceeded to check the radio and TV's and nothing was on, so she figured hmmm, it was all her imagination so she went back to doing her cleaning. Then 5 minutes later she heard the same sounds of a child crying, coming from the living room and this time it was real as of what and where the sound was coming from.

There was a little girl sitting on my grandmothers living room floor and as my grandma looked at her, she could tell she was not from the era that was back then 1980's but from an era that passed so very long ago quite possibly a hundred years. My grandmother described the little girl as having red hair in two long ponytails braided and a dress that was brown and very long. She said the little blue eyed girl was on the middle of the living room floor crying and had a ball and jacks in her hand. Grandma was stunned by what she saw in front of her and had to calm her spirits and find out who this child was and why she was in her house.

Child, my grandma say's what is your name and why are you here in my house? The little girl all of 8 years old looked up at my grandma and said. I use to live here and my parents moved. I am just waiting for them to come pick me up because they forgot me.

My grandmother now understanding that this child was a ghost from another era who had died young and was trapped in between this world and another told the little girl to look into the light and that is where she will find her parents and they are waiting on you and they miss you very much. The little girl looked at my grandma and was puzzled, but she got up off the floor and turned and looked at out the window that was closest to the stairs in the house, she looked at my grandma one last time and she started walking towards that window and then she disappeared never to be seen again in that house.

My grandma said she prayed that night and hoped that all was well in her own house and that the little beautiful child found her peace and her family.

My grandma told me that story when I was 8 years old, the same age as the little girl and I never forgot it and it always stays with me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dezzie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-05)
Hi Dezzie, what a wonderful woman your grandma is. That little girl must have been waiting for years, how sad. But luckily your grandma was there for her. I'm so glad your story has a happy ending. Thanks for sharing this great story. Take care. Trix ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-05)
What a great story I hope she is reunited with her parents once again. Yes as already mentioned she obviously did not understand she had passed away, I am curious to know what the hisory of the home and her family went through.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
It's so sad. This poor child had no idea how long she had been waiting for her parents. 😢 I'm glad your grandmother was able to help her. I pray that she found her family and is happy now.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
Sometimes, people just don't realize that they are no longer living. I think that's why so many stories about ghosts who have lost their loved ones, or have unfinished business exist. The ghosts simply don't know that they are ghosts, that their loved ones have moved on, and their tasks on this plane are finished. Spirit time versus living time. What seems a few minutes to a ghost may be one hundred years or more to the living.
Great account, and happy that your grandmother was able to help this child cross over. ❤
mementomori (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-30)
I liked this story. It makes me wonder if some spirits know that they are spirits. There is no telling how long that girl had been waiting on her parents to come home, I wonder if she was aware of the amount of time that had passed. Or maybe waiting for her parents' spirits to come back. Very interesting. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: