You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Dream Or Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Dream Or Ghost?

 

Lately I have been having strange dreams, where I'm lying in bed and there is a strange pressure that's over my whole body. I can't move, and can't scream. The only thing I can do is see. The scary part is it all feels real. It seems like hours before I'm able to move again. And when I can, I tell my sister what I saw and it turns out that the things I saw actually happened.

I was lying on my stomach and all of a sudden I couldn't move, I heard this wicked scream that wouldn't stop and it was right in my ear. I could barely breathe, and no matter how hard I tried to scream for help I couldn't make a sound. I saw my sister and my mom in the same bedroom as me and I could see everything they were doing and I could hear every word of their conversation. All of a sudden I went into a dream state and then afterwards I woke up and I was alone in my room. I was panicked, so I went into the other room where my sister was and told her my dream. She clarified that she and my mom were in the same room as me and said exactly what I told her a heard. But she said I was sound asleep.

This has been happening almost two times a week now. And I don't know what to do. What do you think is going on? Please comment I need all the reference I can get.

Other hauntings by Enchanted_Sisters101

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Enchanted_Sisters101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SucubussesSuck (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-09)
Red Rider, have you been able to get rid of your incubus? I wanted to contact you, but you don't have any contact information. Email me at sucubussessuck at yahoo.com
Enchanted_Sisters101 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-06)
Well thank you for your advice. But I do believe this is a paranormal encounter. Things like that don't happen randomly. I did my research on sleep paralysis and I do have some signs, but not the most accurate.

Redrider: what are some things that could help me?
redrider (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-04)
this is how it starts. It wants you to think it is stronger than you. Keep to your faith. Prayer will help. Say the lords prayer when it happens. Beware. If it can't scare you, it will try to seduce you. Feel free to contact me for more info
Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-03)
I agree with BadJuuJuu, definitely sleep paralysis. The scream is a hallucination that occur when you only half wake up in the night. There is not reason at all to think you have a ghost! Don't worry:)
Ghostlive (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-03)
this sometimes happens to me. But I don't know if its just a dream or what! 😕
Enchanted_Sisters101 (3 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
Well TheGirlInWhite, I have lived her ever since I was 3. And strange things have always happened in my room. In my other stories I state other events. But this sleep peralisyse is new.

It just started a few weeks ago.

Me and my sister have taken pictures of my room and a while ago there was a white orb near my window, but I haven't been in my room lately because I now share rooms with my older sister.

However, when ever I do go into that room and fall asleep that always happens.

The scream is too loud to technically state what sex it is. Sometimes it is just this huge ringing that changes tempos.
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
Hi,

That sounds terrifying. I posted an experiance, that is partly simular to yours in that I am either lying in bed or standing or even sitting and whenever I feel there is somewhere there, I go completley ridgid, paranoid and scaried.

It does sound like there is definalty a ghost in your room, it might be too early to give a definate solution. But it does sound like he/she is taunting you on purpose, maybe as a warning? Or his/her way of showing 'I am here'

Maybe some extra facts might help, like how long have you lived there? Have you felt anything weird about your room or house before, how old is it? History maybe? Does the scream sound young, old, male, female... Anything like that.

It does sounds absolutley terriying I give you that. But I don't believe in coinsedences often, and the fact that you heard what your mum and sister where saying and saw them, means that you were awake enough, and possibly were not dreaming.

I hope this does help.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-09-30)
http://hubpages.com/hub/Types-of-Sleep-Disorders--Sleep-Paralysis
This may help a little. What you are going through is actually pretty common. I have heard that sleeping on one's side can reduce the occurances, and that trying to stay relaxed can make it go away quicker. I know that trying to stay relaxed is easier said than done though.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: