You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Face At The Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Face At The Door

 

This keeps happening a lot lately. It's either a face or a hand. Yes I may be a teenager and no this is not fake. Unfortunately I have no pictures of these experiences, I have tried but it's never there when I look at the picture. Here's my story.

I was sat in my living room watching TV and my dog was laid, fast asleep, on the floor in front of the door. I was in on my own and I thought I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I went to check that nobody was there and just incase it was a robber I took my phone with me. Luckily, no-one was there and I got kind of freaked out but I put it to one side telling myself it was the house settling. I went and sat back down on the sofa. A couple of minutes later my dog jumped up and started growling and barking in a protective way. This was strange as my dog NEVER barks or growls. I turned around and looked at the door to see a dark face staring in through the glass panel. It stayed there for a few moments then disappeared.

A couple of weeks later me and my friend were sat in the living room and my mom was in the shower. We were chatting for a bit when her face went very pale. I asked her what was wrong and she told me a figure of a man had walked past the door and she could see through it. We went to check out the way it had gone and nothing was there. So we went and sat back down. A few minutes passed and suddenly there was a massive bang on the living room door. We both jumped out of our skins and turned around expecting to see my mom but instead we saw a black hand against the glass panel with no arm attached to it. It faded after a few moments.

This keeps on happening every couple of weeks and all my family members have experienced it.

If you have any ideas of what this is or what might have happened please let me know. We don't feel threatened or anything by it and we feel ok with it in our home.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Beyond-Death, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
If it happens in the same spots on a regular basis you could set up a video camera to capture it. That would make for an interesting set of vids.
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
i should have been more clear. From experience and reading from experiences I believe without doubt that using an ouija board to communicate is inviting people in... Hence the first question.
I've had no ill experiences with the board, just 1...without the proper protection and alone.
Just felt like it wanted in, and using an ouija board would be like unlocking the door... If I was right. Is all;)
It will probably get bored once it realises you prefer it does not come in.
Beyond-Death (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Thank you for all your comments we will try cleansing our home and don't worry we had no intentions on doing a ouija board 😊
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Already many good answers. Added suggestion: ask God (once each night before bed) to keep anything unclean away from your home and family.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Definitely sounds as though it wants in, and for some reason it cant, this is a good thing. As granny has mentioned do not pay this entity any attention this is what it is after, its reasons do not seem clear, it could have something to do with land,house,a family, or an object. Try doing a little home work maybe between all of you, and see if you can shed some light on the situation.
If it comes to it a cleansing is a good suggestion and should definitely help you. Good luck to you.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
think zzsgranny may be right.
Sounds like it wants to be invited in, whatever you do don't use an ouija board to attempt to make contact or even let yourself think that you want to communicate with it.
While this could be harmless and it could have no ill intent, I get the feeling that it may well have.
Whenever you get the feeling something is outside or whatever, say out loud perhaps that nothing and no one is permitted within this house. Something along those lines anyway. It works for me when I feel something outside my house in my garden.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
Beyond-Death: Don't allow this entity in your home... Some spirits can and do go where ever they please... Some have to be invited in... Not that this one is evil, or bad, just that once inside you may not be able to get it out again... Pay no more attention to it, and hopefully it will move on...

Also, I agree that you should cleanse your home, as there may be something/one in it that's attracting him... ❤
valdez85 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
Wow! Obviously there is something not normal in your home! Even though you might not be afraid and are ok with this thing being in your home take caution. It seems as though it's angry and it might just be starting like this, but could end up doing worse! If it has the energy to be able to make a loud bang on the door, later it might have the energy to hurt ya'll! I would definatly look into cleansing your home!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: