You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is The Demon Still Following Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Is The Demon Still Following Me?

 

I'm pretty sure it all started when I was 13 years old. My parents bought me an Ouija board for my birthday. Over the years, my friends and I found excitement in using it. Whenever we played, the results were different.

As I aged, I started to notice a few strange experiences my mother or father never seemed to notice. Things would move, fall, I would believe I had misplaced something important to me and I would find it in places I would never even think of putting them.

In my final year of high school, I made a new friend. As we have gotten to know each other, she let me know she was a psychic. She said my body and mind is very sensitive to the paranormal. I am a very innocent person; she told me which could also attract them. One day, she found the Ouija board. She was so excited to use it so we played together. She suddenly froze. "Someone in this room is with us. He has been with you for a long time." I asked who he was. She said "If you are brave, look into the corner of that mirror." We kept a very old antique mirror in our basement. We've never hung it on the wall; it has always stayed in a corner of our laundry room.

I looked into the mirror and I saw a figure of a man's face. He looked almost exactly like a real man, except he had a strange tone of yellow skin and his eyes were red, so you could not see his pupils. He was smiling at me. "It's a demon." She warned me. "This is a very old house and he has been here for over a hundred years." My parents have lied to me about the age of the house. They said it was only 20 years old. I had a feeling they knew a lot more about the house than I did, but I have never told them about the demon in the antique mirror.

As soon as possible, we took the Ouija board out of the ground. She said one way to get rid of the demon is to break the Ouija board with a stick and bury the remains. We went to the cemetery, suddenly, it started to rain. "He's angry." She warned. The rain fall changed, and it was the most rain I have ever seen in my life." There was an odd person who would walk by us. "Don't look at them." My friend would say. I knew then they weren't people at all. The one I remember the most was the old woman pushing a shopping cart, even though there was no store near us and her cart was empty.

The boards were destroyed and buried. I keep the stick under my bed for protection to this day. Unfortunately, I have my doubts that the demon ever left or there are more in this house. Sometimes I would hear loud banging that no one else seems to hear or I would notice some other noise that it too difficult for me to describe. Other times it would sound like faint talking when I'm the only one in the house.

Quite often, I would notice someone walking up the stairs, they do not say a word and they would disappear into the spare bedroom. Sometimes I think they would look at me. I would think it was my mother who would walk up the stairs and I would start talking, but I would never get a reply. If I think it is my father walking, I would smile sweetly at him. But he would never come out of the spare bedroom. I am far too scared to leave my bedroom and look into the other room when I see this happening. Other times, I would smell a strong burning scent when I would pass the spare bedroom or other times it would smell like something rotten. On other occasions, I would notice some of my favorite scents like vanilla or raspberry.

Other hauntings by Alexstar26

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alexstar26, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

darkassassin92 (119 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Yes demons can follow people I seem on discovery Channel where demons dwell no disrespect I don't know if they exist or not.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
He is obviously a troll.

Please do not feed the trolls... Thank you.:)
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
The problem with this method, Tig, is that it is easy enough to fight fire with fire at first, and sure, the building is gone, but that doesn't actually close the portal. This gets into theories about why ghosts are more apparent indoors than outdoors, because the confined space helps keep energy together. But they can still exist on the land.

It's the equivalent of burning your house down because there is an ant's nest in one of the walls. There are better ways to take care of it that aren't so expensive and extreme.

But now that I've said this for the real members to take note of, I'd just like to point out to the moderators that Tig is a troll (a spammer). Sorry buddy, you can't trick a writer 🤔. It doesn't take an Investigator to see blatant evidence. I will no longer respond to them on any level, and I recommend no one else does either.
TigFewton (guest)
-2
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
sorry you feel this way spirit_ i, I don't do this for joke or pleasure, this must be done to prevent jerks from resurface, I do what-Ever it take to bring em down to my level and show whos damn boss round' here. Ever since I took role of vigilantis I have success rate of 99.9%. I have burnt numerous homes down in process and I burn more if need be... Don't understand why they get mad when happens, I say I will help them through any means possible and that is my means. Severa lawsuits are still pending, but that's demon work, and I will banish the evil spirit from lawyer as well... I'm certain I will be justified with my nature of being.

Email me at IRnottrollstupiddemon [at] yahoo.org for assurance to never have demon take over life as know it.
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Alexstar, Can you talk to your family about it at all? Particularly your father (or male head-of-the-house)? ((I'll explain why after your answer))

What makes it seem like it's tearing your family apart? Is it what it is doing to scare everyone, or how it's making you behave?

Oh, and just to comment on anything like Tig's suggestion... Facing a demon is serious business, because one wrong step (and sometimes even while taking the best known course of action) and you join the dozens of stories of strangulation, being thrown against walls, and having any number of objects thrown at your face. Not pleasant, and far more vicious than a poltergeist you can intimidate in a few shouting matches. Getting a demon out of a house is a matter of topping the other's strength until the demon is utterly exhausted. I see most people do this by refusing to react to the demon at all. This is passive-aggressive human winning over aggressive demon.

However, I've never seen someone succeed Tig's way (aggressive vs. Aggressive), so if anyone wants to do it, please take footage. 🤔
TigFewton (guest)
-3
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
I think a stern shake of the fist will make this mofo want to go cry to his demon mommy, for added effect throw in a grunt or groan, stomp your feet while repeating "rubber baby buggy bumpers." 3x should suffice. You should probably insult by doin yo' momma jokes. Ultimately, to drive the point home, burn down the house to ashes and piss out fire. Thatll putta end to his silly demonic antics.
Alexstar26 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
[at] Spirit

Everything went back to normal, I was happy again and I felt more like myself. After a few months, I was depressed again, I was frusterated and now I think it's trying to tear my family appart.
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
(You can call me Spirit.I. For short if you'd like 😊)

It would be great to get some solid proof on the history of the house, however, I don't think it's necessary to get a haunting to go away. Sometimes it can just help explain why a Demon was able to come into that particular location in the first place. That in turn can give you confidence in knowledge. For that though, you may need help to track down some paperwork.

How do you feel about confronting him? Does it seem necessary at this point, or has the activity gradually calmed down since breaking the Ouija board?

Typically the breaking of a board is only useful to close the portal it may have opened during its last use. However, it sounds like your entity was already well-seated in the location, so breaking the board would be seen more as a small defiance to a demon. However, every individual being is different, so how would you say this one has reacted since then?
Alexstar26 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
[at] Spirit_I_Private_Detective

Well, I'm currently 18 years old. I am sure my parents lied about the house because they told me it was built in the 80's while my friend had something like a vision of my house being around for almost a couple hundred years. My dad has fixed up the house many times so it is great condition. When I looked at the demon for the first time, I couldn't help but scream and cry, so the emotions I'm sure I felt were fear, confusion, and I was angry for the demon intruding in my life.
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
Here's my insight into Demon experiences so far. According to my research, you do actually appear to have a demon issue. They typically target the most 'vulnerable' person living in a location, which could mean anything from sick, youngest, has psychic tendencies... You name it.

From what I've seen, to completely push a demon out of a location takes a battle. The reason why religious rites have been used to do this for so long is that people's religion makes them feel empowered and protected. By 'having faith', you Create the ability to banish ill-will from your home. It takes a lot of inner strength to win a spiritual battle, but it has been done many times, by people and priests. From the demon's perspective, if it can break your sense of security, it can take control of you. That's why they actually like to prey upon those whose religion is heavily iconic.

They can steal the crosses from the walls, break rosary beads, and shatter religious figurines. Especially when the human wants to push them out. This is an attempt to crush the human's faith, because they somehow understand there is 'faith' bestowed upon the material objects. And they are much easier to break than going straight for the person. There is no solid evidence that those using any particular religious ceremony ward off demons better than any other human.

My studies show demons are very, very patient, and will wait a long time to slowly wear down a person's psyche in order to take them. But since this is our world, we are the stronger. Believe this. Put your foot down, and say Not Me. Not Here, This is MY home.

I'm not sure how old you are, but nonetheless, there is also power in numbers when you start staking your claim.

But a couple fact checks... How do you know your parents lied to you about the age of the house? How did you feel when you saw the man in the mirror? What emotion?

~Spirit Investigator
robertar (223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
A more sure way is to know Christ and trust him to help you. Jesus promised to come into and eat with anyone who answered his knocking at your heart.

Ps demons suck. Rule the toilet stool. Their feet probably stink too, all twelve toes
ab42berry (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
read psalm 91 and 71 three times out of the king james bible out loud morning noon and night, if you feel in danger pray over a white candle for protection and sleep with it burning in a safe place away from anything that can burn. If you need more help than this contact me at supernatural.services [at] gmail.com
brendan_the_winger (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
Wow I've never experienced a demon I hope I never do but, I agree with japsmeister. Believing in god would be the best thing against a demon. I wouldn't say I'm a true religious person but I believe in god and know that he is watching over me. If you notice the demon following you around like to the shops or anywhere outside the house I guess you should head to a church. I'm not an expert on these sort of things, but I believe that demons are an unholy spirit, so they would not follow you to a holy place.
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
i would suggest not going looking for it too much. If it is a demon I believe from what I've read that it will be looking for any form of acceptance. Searching for it could be judged as an attempt at understanding it, which could be twisted into a way of accepting it.
Make sure your pyshcic friend is updated with anything that occours, and I agree with another poster here, have him/her round to check the place over again. And maybe again at a later date.
Alexstar26 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
After what I've been through, I've grown a fear of mirrors and the dark. And yes, I do hear groweling from time to time (that's what it sounds like) and again I can hear noises I can't explain... I have looked in the mirrors but I haven't seen anything so far...
japsmeister (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
It's really scary facing a demon. "TheGirlInWhite" is right... Just to be sure... Get your friend over and check if she still feels the presence.

My advice though...Don't look at the mirror by yourself... You might find yourself in another dimension alone with the demon. I once had a face to face encounter with one and it was the scariest thing ever. Time seemed to stop and everyone in the office disappeared and I was alone with the demon right in front of me calling my name.

Not sure what your religion is... But whatever it is, your Faith in your God will be your strongest shield/weapon.
jimv (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
If it could control the weather to make it rain hard on you, it would probably be doing a bit more than making knocking noises and whispering in your house. I'd say that that particular entity is gone.
marcink125 (2 stories) (27 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
wow, it would suck to be psychic judging from your experiences but also from my own. Ok, mostly my own. But anyway demons are terrifying! I stay away from anything supernatural nowadays. I think I had a vision of a past life. I basically saw my own execution. Although it was right after eye surgery so I don't know if that's why I had it.don't know if ill submit it because I'm not sure if it's supernatural.
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-06)
Well I think the only sure way of knowing if the demon is to:

A) check the mirror
B) get your friend in and see if she feels the presence
C) see if you can feel the presence-and you will know a demonic presence.

I don't have a huge amount of experiance here, but it does strike me, that this demon of yours hasn't done anything bad, like woken you up from your sleep or spun round the bed or somthing. Have you still heard strange noises? And any communication like threats, I know growling can be associated with them.
The burning however, does give an impression that it isn't a good ghost, but I'm not really an expert here.

To be honest I'd go with the first 3 things I wrote and see if that works.

Hope this helps.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: