You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Night Time Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Night Time Visitor

 

I told everyone that I would soon submit my paranormal experiences, so here is another one. I hope you all like it.

Growing up my mother always talked about one of the first houses, she, myself, and my dad had lived in. This particular house was very small. It had a large living room, which was partially open to the small kitchen, and to the left, was the only bedroom it had.

My mom, always, said that she would hear a child crying, she also would hear a sound, like someone was rolling marbles on the wood floor. Sometimes, she would hear, the sound of someone dropping a bunch of wood planks, thus making a loud noise.

At the time, I was no more than 3 maybe 4 years old. I've always had the ability, to remember a lot of my growing up years. My family is always amazed at the accuracy of my memory. I remember, having to sleep in my parents rooms on a "Jr." bed, which was my crib mattress, put on a very short bed, with head board and foot board.

One night after going to bed, I heard, a small child giggling, right next to my bed, which was located next to my parents bed. I sat up, and wondered why my parents had not heard it too. My dad was snoring, so I believed they were sound asleep. Well back to my story.

After my eyes had adjusted to the dark, I saw a small girl, looking at me, with a big smile, on her face. She motioned me to follow her into the living room. My mother always put a night light in the living room or any room, next to the room they slept in. You know, so it would be easier to go to the bathroom in the dark. Anyway, as I followed her, I saw that she was fully dressed and her hair was done in two braids with ribbons on the end. I remember being confused as to who she was, what she was doing in our home, and wondered, was she was lost?

Now, while following, I caught sight of her face, with the night light, and was scared at what I saw. This girl had a very strange face. It seemed her eyes were slanted, quite large, and located more to the sides of her face. Her nose was very pointed, with a beak end. When she smiled, she had pointy teeth. I almost screamed, and was scared. I remember thinking she sort of looked like a white owl. She then grabbed my hand and led me to the kitchen, where she then told me, we were going to play a game. She must have communicated through my mind because she did not talk with her mouth. She then motioned, to me, to get under the kitchen table, which had a rather long tablecloth on it.

Once under the table, I was excited, because this was one of my favorite places to play. She then reached into her skirt pocket, and showed me her marbles. They were bigger than a regular marble; I know if you've ever played marbles, you have seen this size marble. She started to roll them toward me and she motioned me to roll them back to her. By this time, I was relaxed, and not worried as to who this strange looking girl, was.

I was having so much fun, that I started to giggle. She did as well. After about 5 minutes, the kitchen light turned on. I then saw, my fathers' legs, and I was about to call out to him, when she touched my arm and put her finger to her mouth, telling me to be quite. My dad, looked like he was looking for something or someone. He even went out the back door to check. After awhile, he turned off the kitchen light, and I heard him go back to bed, where I heard him talking to my mom.

The whole time this was happening, I was getting worried that my parents would find out I was not in bed, and get upset with me. After about 10 minutes I didn't hear them talking anymore, so I started to get out from under the table, which seemed to anger her that I was leaving. All of a sudden, her pointy, teeth got bigger, and she looked evil. Needless to say, I got scared, and ran back to my bed. I covered my head, and started to cry. My mom heard me, and asked me what was wrong. I told her, I got scared, because I saw a mean looking little girl. She then put me in bed with them, where I felt safe, and was soon asleep.

The next morning, I remember seeing my mom start to put our things in boxes. When I asked what she doing, she told me, daddy was going to find us a better place to live. We were out of that house, in less than two days. We stayed with my grandparents, until we could find another house.

Years later, I heard my mother, telling her friends that we had lived in a haunted house; I didn't even know what that meant, at the time. I just kept playing, I heard her tell her friends that my dad never had believed her, as to the happenings, until he had heard it for himself. I then realized mom was talking about the night I had my late night visitor. Mom said that it was the first time she had ever seen my dad with fear in his eyes. When he had gone back to bed that night, the first thing he had told her was, start packing, because we're moving real soon.

Fifty one years later, I still remember, like it was yesterday. Thank you all, for reading this long story!

Other hauntings by roseinbloom

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, roseinbloom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lild0ggirl (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-21)
I think the girl just wanted help. This is truly scary. I have played with ghost children and got a creepy feeling. You don't need to be afraid.
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-02)
Wow...This was definitely one of the coolest stories I've read on this site! Thanks so much for sharing it!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
Oh my gosh you described that little girl so well I actually got an image of her in my head. 😨 It sounds like she/it was trying to disguise itself as something good to gain your trust, but you were able to see it's true form. Good thing your father got you guys out of that house. Whatever those previous owners were practicing they sure did conjure up something nasty.
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
Darkness and Sourmoonfruit, yes I too believe it was a demon in the guise of a little girl, in order to get me to play along. As to any more hauntings, well we moved after living in that house, less than a month. However, in the house that I grew up in, yes, we had plenty of strange things happen. I will write about more soon. Thanks, for reading. ❤
Sourmoonfruit (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
Holy crap... I swear, stories w about evil little kids creep me out. What did your dad get scared of? Have you or you fam experienced anything else living in your old haunted house?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-08)
Geez that is frightning no wonder your dad moved you guys out of there so quick. You mentioned that the previous owners were practising witchcraft I think its fair to say that this may have played a great deal to what you experienced. The way you described the girl makes me think that it probably wasn't actually a human spirit so I'm just going to throw out there and say that it no doubt was a demon taking on the form of a little girl! What does everyone think of this?

Thanks for sharing roseinbloom.

Dan
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
Thank you all for responding to my story:
Miracles, I asked my mom, just recently, and she said, he never would say. But I guess he finally believed her.
Mementomori, the girl looked normal in all ways but, in all honesty, she looked more like an animal, than human. When I described her eyes as slanted, I meant, more like when you see on an owl, not a human. Truly, scary, but since I was young, I really didn't realize, that this couldn't be considered normal, in any way. As to the house itself, my mother, had spoken to the neighbor, there at the time and told her, that everyone who moved in the house, didn't stay for very long. This neighbor, told my mom that the original owners were rumored to practice witchcraft.
Thegirlinwhite, I now feel, that this being was a demon, considering the history of the house.
Tygerdall, Please do, submit your story. We here at this site, always love to share their experiences, so don't wait too long. 😉 😉 ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
roseinbloom - did you ever find out what scared your dad so badly that your parents started packing the next morning?
mementomori (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
That's crazy... Could you tell her ethnicity? Do you know anything about the history of that house?
TheGirlInWhite (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
Now that does sound like a scarey experiance, particually as she seemed friendly at first, and seemed fairly innocent and only wanted to play, but the teeth...whoa...do you know if she's a good spirit or a bad one, or have any opinions?

Thanks for sharing.
TygerDall (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-07)
That was scary! Wow! I don't really remember much of my childhood, but what I remember are strange happenings in a house I grew up in. I will have to tell that story soon here! 😳

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: