You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Happenings In Our House

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Happenings In Our House

 

My husband and I bought a very dirty old house in Brakpan and renovated it. This house has a history of very wild people who lived here but nothing evil as far as our neighbors can tell me.

When we moved into this house both my sons begged me:" please mom not THIS house". Unfortunately we have stayed here for seven years now and we love our house now. We've got a ghost of a lady wandering around sometimes but she behaves and is no problem. My father saw her once. He was driving past and wondered if he must stop by or not because he thought I was working. He saw a lady entering the front gate walked to the stoop and front door. He stopped and thought I had opened for her but there was no one home. He realized what he saw because he can also see ghosts. He is not the only one who has seen her. My husband's cousin's girlfriend's sister also saw her. The same woman prescribed by my dad. She is short with curly dark brown hair and chubby build. The neighbor's say they don't know what had happened to her. She used to run a tavern in the back yard. They say an old woman died because of illness in the house years ago. That is the only history I could gather about the house.

When we moved in I heard footsteps on the wooden floor coming from the passage. One night something crawled into our bed. It came in at our feet on the end of the bed and tried to push me out of the bed. I prayed and it went away. My husband also felt uneasy in this house. One day I heard the footsteps again on the wooden floors coming straight into my room. Something pinned me down and stroked my hair. I tried to turn my head to see what it was but this thing was forcing my head the other way. It said in my own father's voice that I must not be afraid he is just my father. I prayed and it left me immediately.

We cleansed the house and blessed it after my husband found a plastic bag with a snake skin in. It was sewed with thread and there were another little plastic bag with it. In this packet was stuff that looked like herbs. We didn't open it we just dug a hole and burned it while praying. My husband discovered this plastic bag behind a pole in the back yard that he wanted to remove since we moved in there. He said that pole troubled him since we moved in there. It's better now but little things still happens. But the evil is gone. We started to renovate the place.

My husband and I were busy in the house and it was just me and him. He opened a beer because it was very hot that day and put it on his toolbox while he was busy in a blink when he wanted to take the beer it was gone. I don't know how, but it was gone. It disappeared. We still can't understand this because in my whole life I never saw something go missing like that. I was in the same room and I saw him put the beer on the toolbox and next it was gone. We're still puzzled about this.

One day my husband went to the bathroom, he put his glass on the edge of the bath. He came out with this look on his face. He said:" You won't believe me if I tell you what happened. I put my glass down and heard something crack. My glass cracked right through and braked' I thought maybe it was an old glass but it was one of our thick glasses and no way could it crack just like that on its own. I must say we ignore these things by laughing it off or we will make a joke out of it.

The other thing that's happening sometimes is very strange though. One night my husband and I sat on the bed just chatting then the light bulb felt out of its fitting into tiny pieces on the floor. I just said: "oh gosh the ghost wants the light off" I got the vacuum and cleaned it up. It is imposable for that globe to just fell out because you have to screw it into the connection and it was not faulty. On another occasion the globe in the kitchen exploded above me and in the dining room this also happened once and in the bathroom. The electricity is checked nothing is wrong there. We thought it might be a problem with the electric part of the house but it's not.

The other day my husband's cousin and his girlfriend came to visit and slept over. I made a bed for them in the sitting room with a mattress on the floor. The next morning I went to the kitchen and saw all these glass pieces on the ground next to where they sleep. I thought gee did they fight or what? They woke up and thought gee did my husband or me perhaps fell down the step and broke a glass or what?

This time it was the light fitting in the sitting room that came down and again imposable to just fall of the ceiling without the loosening by human hands by screwing it loose. Strangely the girl who rent our flat attach to the house also came the next week to pay her rent and told me that a week ago the light fittings just fell down but didn't break. She is here for already a year and this is the first time something like this happened. The light fittings in the flat are also screwed in and imposable to just fall out of the sky.

One night my husband went fishing and I stayed home that night. I couldn't sleep so I played my LP records that night to keep me busy. I never close the curtains in that room because it looks out on the garden in the backyard. While I was working this music I saw a light outside in the back yard up and down like it's flying around in the backyard then it disappeared again but I was not afraid. I figured it was something that was protecting me.

One day my dogs went into the sitting room all at once and started howling for no reason. I don't know what that was. My cocker spaniel died because of old age and ever since my other dog was staring at something in the passage. He refused to sleep in his basket that faced the hallway. He would stare at something and get up and want to climb into our bed. I moved his basket to the other side of the room where he doesn't face the hallway and now he sleeps.

Sorry this story was so long but this is what's happening in our house. Do you think I must worry or do you think it's just a ghost looking for attention?

Other hauntings by Trix

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trix, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mariachutte (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-16)
Hi Trix, in which number did your father stay in Gardiner because it seems we also have hauntings 😘
xxxKiaxxx (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
I can relate with haunted houses in brakpan! I'm waiting for my story to be published about my own experience in one of the many haunted houses I've stayed in (especially in brakpan) 😕
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Hi cosmogal926, thanks for your comment. I think you are right it might be the previous owners. They were a lot of people staying in this house, and they were wild. It was one of my uncle's houses. He gave them notice because they refused to pay rent for a view months. We were looking for a house at that time and this house was the only one at that time we could afford to buy. We really got this house for a good price. We spend money to renovate it but it was all worth it on the end. We worked very hard here to make it a warm home. Since we burned that snake thing and prayed and cleansed the house the evil is gone. We are happy now here. There still are ghosts here at times but they are not a threat. When I feel it is bad I chase them. Have a lovely day. Trix ❤
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
Hi Trix, I was wondering if you ever thought that the previous owners might have had something to do with the snake and herbs in the bags. Would you happen to know how the house came up for sale? The snake and herbs sewn into bags and placed on your property sounds like a hexing to me. If the previous owners lost the house and were forced to move out they might have decided to take their anger out on you and your family. I'm glad you found and disposed of them before things got really bad. It sounds like a spirit in your house is not happy with the renovations especially the light fittings. I don't think these spirits are out to harm you, they might just be a little frustrated with the changes and want to be recognized. It might be a good thing to keep a journal of the activity, and watch for any changes. If you feel that things are getting worse, please seek out help. Thanks, and take care 😊
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hi bluesman87, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. It is really sad what happened with her and the muti oh no! I don't know how this muti stuff works all I know is that it is evil and I suppose it is cursing people and forcing demons to do the dirty work. I've got a prayer that I read out loud every day to protect me and my family and it works for me but I do it every day because when I skip I can feel and see things are trying to get us down. Thanks for believing me, and for your comment. My other story is about a house in Minnebron- The Chinese man and the Chinese remains. Take care enjoy your day. Trix ❤
bluesman87 (14 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
[at] trix,i was off my grandmother died in a house in buxton Ave in the 60's, the night she died she told her kids to lock the doors because "they are coming to take me tonight" they did and after she died they found the front door unlocked. The next owners's maid asked them who the old lady in the pink gown was in the kitchen early every morning (my gran started work at 06-00) she was up early every day and a little while later they found buried muti like you describe in the garden during renovation. This is the truth.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hi bluesman87, the street name is Northdene Avenue. I must say my father lived in Gardiner avenue and his house is the worst haunted of all our family that stayed in Brakpan. My uncle and aunt had a house in Germains road also haunted. My mother in law stays in Hamilton road and her house also. I don't know why but there are a lot of haunted houses in Brakpan. Take care Trix ❤
bluesman87 (14 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
whats the street name of this place? I won't visit I promise:-). My mom had similar experiences in Brakpan growing up.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: