You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Mentally Ill Or Possessed?

Real Ghost Stories

Mentally Ill Or Possessed?

 

Note: I have not used my real name for identity reasons.

I am not using my friends real name, I am going to call her "Lily Rose"

Me and my friend are very close and have been since we were children but recently she's been acting very strange. It all started when we both began using an Ouija board, around this time last year. Neither of us is specifically religious but we both strongly believe in a life beyond the grave.

Anyway Ouija board never really particularly worked that well, but we were always very careful and looked up and re-searched the board, just to ensure that we were safe. We nearly always said a prayer before every session and made sure we were polite and pleasant and we NEVER asked a spirit to prove its presence, however one time curiosity had the best of us.

We were playing the board at Lily's house, Lily's mother had done some re-search into the house's history before and she discovered that during the Victorian period the house had been an asylum for the mentally and physically impaired, it was known that the Victorians treated their mentally and physically disabled in a very harsh manor and they were often degraded to poor living conditions, mistreatment and torture.

That very night we decided we couldn't "be bothered" to say the prayer and mocked the worst that could happen. The spirit came rather hastily, it responded with slow movements and couldn't properly spell anything out, it just kept saying gibberish. Then it started to say "die".

We ignored this and decided to carry on, we finally managed to make sense of what the spirit was saying, it didn't tell us its name or any of its personal details but it told us how it died. It told us that it had jumped off a bridge onto flat land, we then asked it how long it took for it to die and it said 40 minutes. By this point I was a bit disturbed but Lily was insistent on continuing, she then asked the spirit to prove its presence, asking if it was able to move something or make a noise.

From that point on the spirit said nothing, we waited 20 minutes, there was a weird feeling the room, the air felt incredibly heavy and we were too frightened to move, even her cat began to become afraid, it picked up its ears and was listening out for something. It then ran into the hall, there was a silence and it came running straight back in and ran under the bed, we could see the cat watching from beneath staring in horror at the hall way.

We then heard a weird noise coming from the hall, it sounded like a throat noise almost, but something that a human would not be capable of doing. Lily then jumped and froze, she looked terrified, her face white. There was a loud bang and the air lifted, I asked her what happened and she said she felt a freezing cold pair of hands stroke on to her shoulders and lightly hold her neck before slipping away.

After this incident Lily has never been the same, at first she seemed relatively normal, just a bit tense. She hated being at home and stopped sleeping. She spent a lot of time at others houses, I asked why she'd stopped sleeping and she explained every time she did she had the same nightmare about all these disfigured and tortured people in her room, loads of them crawling about on the floor, bleeding everywhere and screaming.

She then stopped eating, every time she looked at food you could see her wanting to be sick, she said that it reminded her of things but couldn't tell me what.

She has now become completely withdrawn, she never leaves her bedroom, and the curtains are always drawn. She won't wash, she won't eat, she won't sleep, no one really knows what she's doing in there, I asked her mother and all she says is that Lily is not well. I went round and found her in her room masturbating, but she had all this open cuts all over her inner thighs that were openly bleeding. I left of course in shock about what I'd seen. I try to talk to her but she won't talk.

The other day, the final day I went round something really disturbing happened, she got on top of me and was touching me all over and I was screaming and telling her to stop but she's really strong. Was really violent, scratching me, biting me and telling me she'd had sex with six different demons and asking me to join her.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AgatheFielding, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Chrsw72 (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-08)
That girl needs an exorcism asap! Good luck! I will pray for her.
animefreak (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-05)
I would ask a preist to help you and your friend and don't be sceared if she is a great friend I wouldent give up on her I my self have many great friends which I would do anything to keep them safe or from danger

God bless you and your friend 😁 ❤
MaddyMasacar (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Lot of comments...
I sorta agree with Elephant because you can never tell if someone is lying or not.
You should seek all options before deciding, like pour holy water over her to see if she goes and has a tantrum. If not then it must be a mental illness.

I have never dealt with this sorta thing so I have no experience or educated opinions but I say seek all solutions before deciding.
And don't even think about posting picture cause if "Lily" regains to normalcy she won't forgive you.
If my friend posted pics of me possessed I would disown them.

-Regard Madison ❤

P.s I hope you find the help Lily needs. 😊
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
I am a storyteller by both career and nature, and so I'd like to address you directly Agathe, and also ask a couple of questions of everyone here. I want to give you as the writer the chance to respond to a particular line of issues within your story that may cause people to doubt its validity. These are some of the particulars I noticed that perhaps you can clear up for us, so we can better help fulfill your purpose for posting the story, if not just in the name of sharing information about the paranormal.

1) Has anyone here seen an entity enter a communication space from afar before? By this, I am referring to how after speaking to the entity for some time with the board, and finally being asked to show itself, the entity appears to have "portalled in" from another room, then essentially walk to the one the girls are in, based on the cat's behavior. I've never heard of this before. During a Ouija session, the entity must already be present in the room, right? What other explanations could their be for this?

2) Agathe, did you not See anything during that first night with the board? For a presence that powerful to enter and not be visible to everyone may indicate a couple things. Is Lilly by far more psychically inclined? And you say the fearsome energy lifted suddenly after her experience?

3) How big is this house? Do you happen to know how long the family has owned it, and when it was converted into a house? Victorian asylums were usually quite large, and not typically built in an architectural way suitable for a home. Psychologists at the time were quite convinced particular blueprints could have a 'healing' or 'calming' affect on the mentally ill.

4) Your last scene does strike a storytelling issue, largely because it is surprising, but drops off suddenly, and without much detail. The last paragraph is very shocking, but please tell us what you did and observed afterward. I don't want to make any leading suggestions, but one thing I will ask is how you got away.

I ask these questions in light of being a believer, and a storyteller. The purpose of this place is to find a way to reconcile these experiences we've all had, find a way to deal with them, and share our knowledge to help each other. I am very well-trained in writing fiction, non-fiction, and screenplays, and my skepticism only comes into play when I see the motive is more about seeing people's shock and immediate reactions (like in my business of entertainment) than giving a thorough and concerned plea for help, or offering of advice.

I'm afraid from my point of view, the suggestion to show us pictures only adds to the idea of shock value. Like you want to prove it further to an already convinced audience, or try to convince the small amount of the skeptical audience.

However, I believe in giving the benefit of the doubt, and I will assume you did not intend to make it sound this way. Others here have given brilliant suggestions on psychology, treatment, demonology, and spirituality, so this time I will focus on detective work. I hope these questions can be answered so you have a fairer chance at being believed. Perhaps some important detail will be revealed that will help discern between paranormal activity and mental illness.

~ Spirit.I.

(P.S. Best wishes to the demonologist. Be the strongest.)
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
I have read your story and some of the comments, and for what it is worth, am wading in with my own.

Regardless if these episodes are truly paranormal or if your friend is acting to cover up or excuse other problems, her acting out in front of you shows she definitley needs help. If she is as good a friend as you state, do not give up on her. Do not put yourself in danger by any means, but do not simply let he rot away.

There are some very good advice listing here. I beg of you to take one or more and get this young woman the help she so desperately is in need of!

God Bless!
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
All I'm saying is that, although I believe in contacting someone for spiritual help, whether it be a priest or not, I think anything medical should be ruled out. By saying I can't believe people "entertained" this story- I am not saying it is an entertaining story PJod, I'm saying that I can't believe so many people are so quick to run to a priest after hearing this. Instead of grabbing the phone and contacting a church, you should be contacting a doctor fist. If nothing can be determined mentally, THEN a spiritual leader would be a great person to contact. Not to be rude, but I just think the story sounds odd since it was cut off so quickly. I also find it odd that the Mother would tell you what was wrong with her- not eating etc. But then not say if they took her to a doctor.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
JimD, my prayers are with you and your client. I pray you have a safe and successful trip.
JimD (431 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
Hi;

Hi everyone. I concur; pictures like that are NOT helpful, and may even be terrifying to some readers. I've seen worse, but many may not have. People are convinced via results and not terror. We need to step back and pray.

I'm off to Pennsylvania on Monday or Tuesday. Real bad infestation - but not for long. We'll just see about that. Same symptoms as always: growlings, dark shadows, night assaults, sudden anxiety, fear, depression (young woman was bed ridden due to total exhaustion, for two years, and no medical diagnosis; hmmmm) So, please pray for me (3 hr. Drive each way - poconos area; I'm not familiar - yet); I'll almost never say no, if someone asks for help. She has suffered long enough. We're going to fix this situation. She said that, just based on prayers I sent and advice, i.e. Holy water, she's so much better already. God is great! Dukes2352atAOL.com.

PS Pjod: Often, I find mental illness, which is quite real, often masks evil. People like either one or the other, but often it's both; it feeds off people suffering to start with. Real cowards. Stay strong.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
Rashidah and Miracles are right. Uploading these pics would be a bad idea. The only people who would have any need to see the pictures are Lily's parents. You might show the pictures to her parents in order to reinforce how serious the problem is, but don't show us. If they are skeptical, the pictures may help them see what they are trying to ignore. They know something is wrong, badly wrong. You just have to make them face that fact.
Tantrums, rages, losing control of her body... Not good. Please, follow JimD's advice. He's right. And be very careful yourself. You may face some spiritual backlash for helping. This thing caught Lily unaware, it may try to harass you if you let your guard down. Stay vigilant. Stay strong for your friend. She will need something to make her want to return to herself. Your love and friendship may be the light at the end of her tunnel, the thing that gives her the will to fight back. Support her as best you can, convince her parents of the help she needs, and protect yourself. You are both in my prayers.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
AgatheFielding, I have to agree with Rashida. I understand you wanting to offer proof that what you are saying is true. But step back and think... If you were Lily, would you want your best friend posting pictures of you on a website? Pictures of you when you cannot control what you are doing? Pictures that you are not giving permission to post?

Once Lily is herself again, your friendship may not survive that. Please... DO NOT POST THESE PICTURES.

Be there for your friend in everyway you can. Respect her. Do not post these pictures. Do not show these pictures to ANYONE. It doesn't matter who it is. Respect and love Lily. Don't show anyone these pictures. Please do that for Lily.
Rashidah (guest)
+3
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
I think uploading pics of her state on a public site is not a good idea. After all, you want this to be private.
AgatheFielding (1 stories) (1 posts)
-3
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
Thank you, I am going round to discuss this with her parents soon, I hope all goes well as they are huge sceptics. Lily's really not so good at the moment she goes into these weird rages and tantrums and it looks almost like she's lost control of her body, I have taken a few photos but I'm not completely sure how to upload them.

Xx
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-09)
Jim,
I'm glad you said that these things often hide behind mental illness, as I was recently called out here, after I made a similiar comment. The exorcist I read up on in Ireland had said, the hardest part about the exorcism, is the time after. The victim needs to make a huge lifestyle change, or they will easily fall prey, again. This account has all the signs of demonic oppression. If it were a family member of mine, I would have the church involved by now... Plenty of time after for psych evaluation.
JimD (431 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hi Granny and all;

Yes, well trained exorcists can disginguish between psychological pathologies and preternatural disturbances. I may suprise a lot of my brothers and sisters here when I say: I always refer my clients to a good psychologist, after liberation. Why? We're all human and need someone to talk to / a strong support network. The Church always rules out mental illness as the only cause before the Roman Ritual (of exorcism) is authorized. That doesn't mean that both conditions can't be present. They are frequently. It often hides behind mental illness.

It was inexperienced to show itself so soon, which means it may possible be low level, but it also means it will most certainly attempt possession - quickly. It is also well aware of everyone's attempted assistance, even if the counsel doesn't frighten it, it's still furious that anyone even attempted to stop it, even if what was offered did not objectively threaten it. Be aware (anyone who attempted any kind of assistance here) of feedback to you or yours. If so, email me.

I hope the poster emails me. The clock is ticking. Catholic Holy water and the names of "Jesus and Mary" are tremendous assets, but more may very well be needed, and soon. Every day may be crucial. God bless. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
One other point to tell your friend if your willing to offer my advise... This projected nightmare is not real... What is real... Is the source that is controlling her... It is designed to brake you down mentally... It knows your fears and controls your imagination to project them... If she can find the strength to confront them... Easy said I know but they will stop all together... Now understanding the source is the key?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
I agree she needs help real quick... You need to talk to her mum and explain everything that has happened... Once her family know everything then action should begin immediately... Find out what she believes is going on so you know what your up against... What has happened in my UN qualified opinion... Is that she has been induced into a projected reality dream state... That has either been created from her own subconscious or worse an evil spirit... It would have been terrifying for her to see and experience... So so real, I can not explain how horrifying it can be especially if you succumb to its nature of fear... Unfortunately it seems she has capitulated her will over to what ever is controlling it... If it is a demon it can be rid off... But if it is an chemical imbalance she will need medical help... And a lot of love and support... Best wishes and prayers.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
I agree with both BadJuuJuu and JimD... This girl needs help now!...Please Jim, correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if a priest is given the title of "exorcist", they are well educated in psychology... How else would they be able to determine whether one is possessed and in need of an exorcism, or mentally unstable and in need of medical attention...

So, my advice is: find a priest who can help her Mom make the right decision for her daughter... As busy as JimD is, he always tries to do the best he can to help folks find the people/person he feels can best benefit the victim...

PLEASE keep us posted ❤
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
I have different beliefs then Jim D how ever his advice here is pretty spot on. While is is possible this is purely psychological a catholic priest would be one of the best people to have make that call. While I am not typically a fan of Catholics they do have people who study demons not many other religions do this because it's risky and often times looked down on. A Psychologist is a good Idea even if it is demons because demons focus a lot on mind games. Also even if it is purely psychological helping her to find a good religion is very important I do not think it is possible to be psychologically healthy with an unhealthy soul. If you can try to invite your friend out and make sure to let her know you care about her it's important in either case that she knows she is not all alone and the people do care for her. As far as the masturbating and cutting goes I know this is very shocking to you but it is actually fairly common and the inner thigh is a common choice for cutters she may have been doing this for years before you found out. Both often times have feelings of shame associated with them and tend to cause a sort of cycle. You mention you tried to talk about it with her be very careful doing this you want to be supportive of her getting help but you do not want to come across as judgmental or you may make it worse. The last time you saw her and she was acting all crazy could have just been an act to keep you away to avoid feeling extra guilt and shame about her actions. In short either way this issue is well beyond what you can help with on your own. You should try talking to her mom about getting her help if you decided to mention the cutting to her make sure she understands what a delicate issue it is and not to freak out on her daughter. Good luck it's going to be rough but try to hang in there for your friends sake. Also make sure to give your self some room to breath though if you drive your self nuts worrying about her you won't be much help to her.
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hello Jim I was wondering when would hear from you. Supprizeingly this time I have no arguement with you this entity is deffinatly harmfull and likely demonic. As the catholic church has had a long history of sucess with violent possession. I leave this in your more then capable hands and will stand by as simply an advisory role, but I do sugest the salt and sage as a pecaution not for the girls sake but that of the family and the preist that may visit, as for you young man if you visit again keep a protective amulet on you at all times

Good luck best wishes and my sympathies,
Your freind,
The Puppeteer
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
I'm with you, Elephante81.

And I'm sure mental illness is much, MUCH more common.
So instead of messing around with priests and the poor girl's head, she should get professional help.
sinner (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
The St Benedict and Miraculous Medals are very powerful... So is the Brown Scapular! She should get enrolled in the Scapular!

-Rebecca
sinner (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
You should take JimD's advice and seek help from a Catholic priest!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
elephant,
assuming this story is indeed truth... Nothing "entertaining" about it. I have recently finished reading up on several cases in Ireland, that are very similiar towards the behavior of this woman. Either this is someones idea of a joke, or this woman needs a lot of spiritual help.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
I agree, this woman needs an exorcism. Mental health is possible, but from the many cases I have read up on, this sounds very familiar. Can't hurt to bring a priest in to get his opinion, but I'd bet money it's not only a case of mental illness...
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Elephante81, she says "the other day, the final day I went round..." meaning that that was the last day she went to Lily's house.
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
I can't believe this many people are actually entertaining this story...
Not to be rude, but is there a reason why you just cut this off and didn't finish the story? And what do you mean at the end, "The other day, the final day..." What's final? I am a firm believer in the paranormal but something about this story seems fishy to me, sorry.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hi;

I'm sorry to post again, but I neglected to mention two medals. First the St. Benedict medal. As a previous poster wrote, it's power is great. I concur, but... My personal favorite, however, is the Miraculus Medal, which was given by Mary Herself to St. Dominick. This spirit knows this medal quite well, and will viscerally react thereto. This is my personal favorite medal. The thing Hates this medal! I felt compelled to add this. God blesss, and hang in there. I'm here for you. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
JimD (431 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hi;

Two more thoughts. First, I concur with BadJuuJuu; this young woman must herself fight. All the Holy water on the globe won't help if she totally submits. Second, a good mental health professional should also be consulted. This disease is spiritual, not psychological, but a well grouned pyschologist is still a good suppport idea. CONCUR.
JimD (431 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hi;

Well, I'm sorry that this has occurred. This oppression is terrible, and the demon will soon turn up the heat. My name is Jim and I'm a (very busy as of late) demonologist. This is 100% demonic. Satan is a legalist, and will assert its foul right to remain, as having been invited in via that evil board. Demon's goals are first suicide, as a means for the victim to escape the oppression or possession, but, ultimately damnation (resulting from an unrepented suicide), hopefully - from the demon's horrid point of view.

First, your friend needs immediate intervention. A good Catholic priest, trained as an exorcist, should be contacted via the local diocese. They will know how. Second, and if Catholic, attend Mass, receive Holy Communion, and make Confession - often. But, Catholic or not, CONTACT THE CATHOLIC CHURCH - soon. The demon will attempt a quick victory. It must be halted via all it understands - greater spiritual force. No bargaining is possible, ever.

CATHOLIC HOLY WATER (on the bed and especially at night), the Holy Rosary, and frequent use of the phrase "Jesus and Mary help me" is a good start. It will throw it off, at least until it regroups. Email me for further at Dukes2352atAOL.com.

Please act quickly; time is of the essence. Don't despair, but do act. God protect you. I'll pray for her tonight. I'm getting very busy lately; it's as if... Forget it, just act, now please. God bless you.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+5
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
What is her family doing to try to help her? I know that you love your friend and want to do what is best for her, but ultimately you are somewhat limited in what you can do. Also, I hope you are no longer using the board.
Talking to Lily doesn't seem to be doing much good. Talk to her mother. Make her listen. She needs to understand that her daughter is having some pretty serious issues at the moment. Also, for your own safety, do NOT be alone with Lily.
It's pretty tough for an online community to make the call on whether this poor girl is demonized or suffering from a mental illness. The symptoms can be incredibly similar. My personal opinion, cover all bases. Lily should see a therapist, and quickly. If her problems are being brought on by a mental illness, it can be treated. Therapy and medication can help her to come back to herself and lead a normal life.
Also, a religious leader, whatever faith Lily follows, should be consulted. If she follows no particular faith, I think the Catholics tend to take spiritual assault pretty seriously. A priest in your area should be able to either help, or recommend someone who can.
One thing to bear in mind though. If this is in fact a demonic assault, Lily herself has to want to be rid of it. She has to want it gone, has to want her life back, has to make the decision to get this thing out, and keep it out. It's not going to be an easy battle. I hope, for everyone involved, that this isn't demonic.
Please be strong, and keep believing that things will be ok. Your love for your friend may be the light she needs to get through whatever is troubling her.
Blessings.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: