You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Sleeping Habits

Real Ghost Stories

Sleeping Habits

 

This is the first time I have posted anything. I don't know if its worth sharing but the last couple months have been very strange.

The earliest strange experience I can remember would have been back when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I lived on my family's farm that is over a hundred years old. My mother had odd experiences with shadows in the upstairs hallwall where our kids rooms were. However she was never worried about it due to the fact that no one but my father's family had ever lived in the house, therefore she thought it would have to be one of their ghosts and they would never hurt us.

One night I went to sleep and woke up thirsty. I have always kept water on the nightstand of my room since as long as I can remember. I sat up and reached for the glass when I glanced at the bedroom window. I kid you not, there was an old man who looked like he was from the early 1940's looking inside the window at me. Now my childhood bedroom was on the second floor with no ladders, stairs or even decks anyone could stand on to see inside the second storey windows. Being a small girl I pulled the blanket up over my head and froze. After a couple minutes I fell back to sleep. The next day I told my mom and I don't know if she believed me or not but she said I shouldn't worry about it because it was most likely my grandfather who died when I was about 3 years old coming to check on me and he loves me so he would never hurt me.

This is when it gets strange. It might not have anything to do with the old man I saw but it kind of ties into things now. About a month after my sighting I started to sleep walk. I did this atleast 2-3-4 times a week for about 6 months. The first time was the worst (I don't remember this. My parents have told me. All I remember is a repetative dream I got everytime and then waking up on my Dad's lap watching tv).

The first time I guess I went into my parent's bedroom and stood at the foot of their bed and screamed over and over again. My parents woke up panicked but knew enough to never wake up a sleepwalker because you can put them into shock. My dad quickly picked me up and took my downstairs and sat with me on the couch until I woke up. After that night my sleepwalking wasn't as extreme. I would mostly wake up and sit at the top of the staircase and talk to myself (my parents could never figure out what I was saying though, just a whole lot of jibberish). After about 6 months my sleepwalking stopped completely and I had no other issues until this year.

This year my boyfriend and I moved out of our family homes and decided to rent a house together. It was a beautiful place right near a sandy beach and a perfect size home for the two of us and our puppy. About a month in living there I started getting that same dream and my sleeping habits got really strange.

My boyfriend caught me a few times sitting up in bed in the middle of the night for minutes at the time mumbling to myself and staring straight into the living room without a blink. He knew as well to never wake up a sleepwalker (I had told him about my past sleepwalking) so he would just make sure I didn't try to get out of bed (which would be very difficult because the bed was pushed up against the wall and I sleep on that side). After about 5-25 mintues I would snap out of it and wake up. It is the strangest feeling I have ever experienced. I am nervious and rattled and laid back down. Normally my boyfriend would ask what the hell happened and then make sure I was ok. I don't remember anything other then the dream and waking up rattled.

After about 4 months of living in our rented home we decided to buy a home. Again my strange sleeping habits continued 2-3-4 times a week until the last night I spent in the home. That night was a little different. The same dream and sitting up, talking and staring into the living room continued, however my boyfriend didn't wake up this time. I then snapped out of it and where I was staring into the dark room there was a misty, white fog in the middle of the room. I was rattled more than ever and I watched this fog disappear into mid air. I laid back down and elbowed my boyfriend until he woke up, I still haven't told him what I saw still to this day but I just felt better when he was awake with me.

I have now moved into OUR new house but since this happened to me I have been completely paranoid by myself. I try to tell myself that its not the same house and its all in my head but I just have this very negative energy and feeling since that night. I don't know what it is or what to do but I hate being alone now.

I have been sleeping fine since that night but even when I do wake up normally at night to go to the bathroom or have a drink, I'm terrified to move or get up. Does anyone know what this is? Or what I can do to feel better about everything without seeming crazy?

Other hauntings by Char89

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Char89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lulu1409 (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
That's scary. I, for some reason, have only sleepwalked once. It was at the beach. My mother and sister told me that I walked out of my room, stood in the hallway for a long time, walked into a different room, and and fell asleep. Well, asleep, asleep anyway.
Char89 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-01)
Thank you everyone for your help... I feel better knowing I am not jumping to conclusions. I have been drinking herbal tea and taking a sleeping pill before bed lately and it has been working alright... I have been woken up a few times since but nothing like before, it has always been in stages throughout my life. Also the first few nights I did prey just to calm my nerves before bed. I also shared my experiances with my boyfriend one night when I was woken up... It was very emotional but I feel better knowing hes with me and knows what's going on... Again Thanks Everyone and ill keep you posted
Godsbabygirl (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Char89, I have experienced similar things. Mine were far more disturbing and an entity would actually physically attack me. Do not think you are crazy. You say that this happened before you even moved out of your parents house, therefore it is not going to be attached to a certain house. If it was occuring in your parents home as well as you and your boyfriends new home, an entity (spirit) is attached to you rather than a certain home. Every time you wake up feeling scared, pray to Jesus Christ. Say out loud "In the name of Jesus Christ I demand you to depart". Any thing that makes you feel scared or uncomfortable is usually an evil presence, and it will have to flee in the name of Jesus Christ. God bless you, you are in the hands of the lord do not be afraid.
valdez85 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Have you ever tried praying before you go to bed? Sometimes that helps! Try prayin each time before you go to bed, and just know you are NOT crazy! So don't feel like you are!
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Have you seen a doctor about it?
Sleep walking, sleep paralysis and other sleeping disorders are not paranormal. Try not to put the paranormal tag to things and it won't be as scary.
I suggest you see a doctor first and try to get rid of your sleep walking.
And while I don't believe in anything religious you can pray. If you believe in something more powerful than you then praying can give you confidence and lessen the fear of paranormal.
Although, I'd suggest joining a yoga class or something like it, just to calm your nerves and harmonize your body which might lessen the sleep disorder and fear.
Kaira00 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Something like this happened to my sister last year and stopped a few months ago. My mother, who is a very strong Chtistian, prayed over my sisters clothes, shoes, windows, and doors and it never happened again. It was said that someone was trying to take her life very slowly...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-07)
I am not saying I know exactly what you are experiencing, but my youngest son has sleep walking (he is 22) and has had bouts of sleep walking since he was 9. His first episode was the night before my mother passed on. He knew she going to die. After his episodes, he tells me things that are going to happen or things that have happened that he could not possibly just know (such as the name of my favorite doll when I was a child). I do think the sleep walking may have to do with paranormal. As he and I have discussed, he is normally so regimented and logical, this may be the only way that the paranormal tendencies get through.

Don't know if this helped at all, just want you to know that you are not alone. 😁

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: