You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Mt. Lebanon Cemetery And Farmhouse

Real Ghost Stories

Mt. Lebanon Cemetery And Farmhouse

 

Sorry I haven't posted any stories in a while, but I have been super busy lately. This is a story about a ghost hunt me and my ex girlfriend Mariel went on, and then later another ghost hunt to the same places with my Fiancee Caitlin, my friends Laurel, Colton, Kelly, and myself.

Now a few years back I was dating a girl named Mariel and I told her all my ghost stories, and she told me a local story about The Lebanon Mountain Church and Cemetery. The story goes a little something like this. The Church was closed down sometime in the 80's because the priest allegedly murdered someone.

One thing is for sure the Church is boarded up and abandoned, and the headstones are way older than the 1980s. The latest headstones that were there were in the 1890s. So honestly I don't believe the legend.

So Mariel and I get to the church and we start walking around the cemetery; Mariel was snapping pictures the entire time. I never felt a presence and I didn't see anything in the pictures that made me think it was haunted.

But then she told me of an old farm house not far from us that is also haunted, so we packed up and headed out. It only took us about 3 minutes to get to the farm house, but when I pulled into the driveway my skin began to crawl. Mariel had such a terrible feeling that she refused to leave the van, instead she snapped photos of me as I approached the building. In all the pictures she took there was a faint white mist behind me, no matter where I stood it was always behind me. Mariel has these photos and refuses to let me have any because she kind of hates me now. But many of my friends did see the photos and they all think they are very chilling, one of my friends is working on stealing the pictures back from Mariel so I can share them with you here.

So about a week before my birthday (September 14th) I convinced my friends and Fiancee to go with me to find this haunted house, and church. I told them the above story and they wanted to get their own pictures of the place. It took me a while to find the house but I came armed with a brand new ZOOM Handy recorder, Cait's Camera, which is pretty high tech, and Laurel's Camera which is just as high tech (They are both Photographers).

We found the church first and Laurel's camera instantly began to malfunction. We could literally only take pictures of headstones with it. I am not joking or exaggerating, it would only take pictures when pointed directly at headstones, until we left. Colton and I heard many chilling noises that we could hear after asking some questions about why Laurel couldn't use her camera. Unfortunately due to UE (user error) we could only hear voices that were literally inches from the mic (I had the gain really low. I hate myself for it.) We also fudged up the evp of the farmhouse in the same way: (.

We all went back to the vehicle to look at the pictures, Laurel only had pictures of headstones and Cait had a few pictures of our surroundings. I will include them with the story. We left and headed to the farmhouse, which we couldn't find for a while due to my bad sense of directions (Fail). On the way to the farmhouse Laurel's Camera started working again (WIN!) and we were all getting very excited (at this time we thought we had gotten some good evp).

We pulled up to the house and a chill washed over our entire vehicle. It was like before. The girls instantly started taking pictures while Colton and I tried to find a way into the boarded up house. I was trying to conduct our evp, but as I mentioned earlier I screwed it up pretty bad. Kelly refused to leave the vehicle, lol.

None of the pictures we took that night revealed anything either but we heard some noises with our ears, like footsteps and doors closing on the inside, and we all felt a presence. Colton and I got fed up with the noises and we needed to get in the house so we ripped the boarding off a door and went inside. Colton immediately saw a tall dark figure run past him, and I heard a loud creak come from upstairs.

The entire inside of the house was burnt out as you will see in the pictures. When we walked into the front room which was fire damaged the worse, Colton and I were overwhelmed with a feeling of helplessness; it was so strong we found it hard to leave the room. We found nothing else in the house but it had left its mark on us. We plan to go back and film it this time, and get the evp right this time.

This is my favorite part of the story: Laurel, Cait and I went into this being firm believers in ghosts. Colton and Kelly were super sceptics, in fact the entire way to the sight they teased and made fun of the whole thing. They are also Both firm believers in Ghosts, and they both want to conduct the investigation again, but this time we will do it right. We have decided to start our own Paranormal investigation team, we are obviously amateurs right now, but hey if any of you live in Western New Jersey or Eastern Pennsylvania, let me know please.

Other hauntings by BrandonCR

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BrandonCR, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rea (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
Hey Brandon

I already sent a comment on here but I'm not sure if it worked so I'm gona do this again sorry lol

Im lebanese living in lebanon, working on a documentary about supernatural locations/stories here came across your story here I would really love it if you could tell me where exactly you had that experience so I can check it out, it will be shown on tv if we had the right amount of stories/locations so it would be extremely helpful, this is my email reaazzii [at] hotmail.com

Cheers rea.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
Hey Brandon, Great Story, this farmhouse sounds awesome! I hope you get more evidence when you go back to investigate. Can't wait to see the photos. Good luck, with your paranormal team. Maybe we will all get to see you guys on the Syfy channel in the future. 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
BrandonCR: Great story! Seems like some bad history went down in the old farmhouse, can't wait to see the pictures. Its quite typical for electrical equipment to play up when doing this sort of stuff its said that the spirits sap the energy to help manifest themselves. Loof forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-10)
Thank you Jennifer, Will be posting more stories soon, we are going on some more hunts very soon.
Jennifer40 (20 stories) (202 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hi Brandon, great story! I posted the story for you but Martin, the webmaster here, is the one that adds them to the site. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

Jennifer ❤
BrandonCR (5 stories) (64 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
I emailed pictures of the event to the servers here but I'm not sure when they will be posted.
sneezewatch (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-08)
Hey folks, this is Cait, Brandon's fiance. He forgot to mention in his story that in the graveyard when Laurel and I were standing together (quite a ways away from Brandon and Colton) trying to figure out what was wrong with her camera, something thumped very hard on the ground right behind our feet. We both heard and felt it and when we checked behind us with my flashlight there was nothing that could have done that. Needless to say, we booked it back to the car.

Also, later at the farmhouse the two trees that were touching the house were completely dead, but not burned or even scorched. And I know this is a common feeling, but my skin was crawling the entire time. It felt like something was watching us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: