You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Uncle Bert

Real Ghost Stories

My Uncle Bert

 

When my Uncle Bert was alive he was very kind to me and would always ask me to play with him. I was only about 10 years old when he died. He died of an overdose of the medicine he used to make his bone pain go away. He never told us that he was sick and when we all found out about his illness, it was already too late.

I really wanted to go to the Funeral to say my last goodbyes. Sadly my family decided not to wake me up and I was left home alone. With nothing to do and with no choice but to just play with my PS2 I just sat there and played and waited for my family to go home.

It was Night time and my family still wasn't home and I was still playing then all of a sudden a Black out occurred and it was completely dark. I was so scared and all I can do was hide under the bed sheet. Whenever there is a black out, Barangay people would always scream "black out" but this time they all just stayed quiet which worried me somewhat. I wanted to go out the room but I was too scared of the dark. I was Just about to go down the bed when suddenly I heard footsteps going down the stairs. But there was no one home only me. What scared me more is that my Uncles Old bed room was upstairs!

I started to pray, but the sound did not stop! It was as if the stairs were endless. I did not want to open my eyes but I did out of curiosity and the lights immediately came back on. I thanked God dearly as I cried. I walked out of my room and was relieved to find my family were already home. I told them all about what had happened. They said maybe it was because I had not gone and said goodbye so my Uncle Bert did it for me.

At the 1st all souls day that my Uncle Bert was dead we went to the cemetery, I went on his grave, lit a candle and prayed for his soul. Finally I have told my Dear uncle Bert good bye.

RIP TitomBert, you will always be remembered by us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, highpriest314, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

highpriest314 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-19)
thank you for the comments guys. Made me miss my Uncle more... But I'm sure he is in a better place now.

God bless to you both ^^ ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Agreeing with Kim here, sounds as though he knew you were not able to make it to the funeral so came to say goodbye himself. I have no doubts he knew you were afraid and probably turned the electricity back on for you. 😊

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
What a touching story! I agree with your family. Bert wanted to say good bye to you before corssing over, he made his way to you and did it in the only way he could.

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: