You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandfather - My Guardian Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandfather - My Guardian Spirit

 

When my boyfriend and I decided to move in together, we thought it financially suitable to move into one of the houses my grandparents owned. It is a very old house, and I've been living there on and off ever since I was born.

The house is built on land that used to be a small hospital in World War 1. I always knew the house was haunted, but I got used of it from earlier on in my life.

This story took place last year around Halloween, and yes I do realize this had something to do with it also. At the time I was a fully-fledged Satanist. (I had lost all faith in God after my brother died)

My boyfriend and I were laying down on the futon in the lounge room watching late night TV. Shows, when I got up to get myself a glass of water. I looked back over into the lounge room and saw, what looked to be a figure standing in the corner. I was scared, but I tried to steady myself to calmly walk back to the futon where my boyfriend was. (He was oblivious to the situation) when I got under the covers again, I was physically freezing cold. If you read my story "man next to my bed", you will understand that this is strange, since I live in the tropics. I could not stop staring at the figure. More out of fear of what it might try to do. By this time by boyfriend realized that something was wrong and tried to make me feel safe, warm me up and calm me down. I told him what I could see and he immediately believed me. He started to say a prayer in his native Aboriginal Language, but it did nothing. (Reflecting on this, I think that this didn't work because the figure was focusing on me and not necessarily on my boyfriend also- this is speculation). It started to move towards me. Very slowly at first, and I was getting more terrified by the second. Out of desperation I yelled out to my grandfather. (Deceased)

Just a little background first on my grandfather. He was a full blood Aboriginal, who was born on Sunday Island, just off One Arm Point in the Kimberleys. (W.A Australia) He had gone through Aboriginal initiation and law, thus making him a "law man", "magic man". He was very powerful while he was alive, and after he died, his spirit stayed to watch over his 15 grandchildren including me. If you're an Australian, you would have heard of Malcolm Douglas who was a very popular animal activist and conversationalist. Well my grandfather was with Malcolm on every journey and most of the documentaries Malcolm made. My grandfather's name was Tom Wiggan.

Anyway, back to the story, I called out my grandfather's name and almost immediately the figure backed off. I kept calling out for my grandfather and asking him to protect me. All of a sudden, I felt a wonderful, overwhelming sense of calm and safety. I knew my grandfather was there with me and my boyfriend. I felt immediately safe. The figure meanwhile had been forced back into the corner of the lounge room. Then after a while, it slowly faded away. I asked my grandfather if he could watch over me for the remainder of the night just in case the figure ever came back. I slept soundly. It was one of the best sleeps I ever had. When I woke up the next morning I could still feel my grandfather's presence.

Till this day I still feel confident, that if ever I needed my grandfather, he would be there and he would keep me safe.

Other hauntings by Jookie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jookie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Hey Jookie thanks for another great story, very interesting to hear about your Grandfathers association with Malcolm Douglas may he rest in peace. It must be reassuring to know that your grandfather will always be there to look after you. I have no doubt that the land and Satanism played a big part as to why this spirit had shown itself to you. I am glad everything ended well.

Thanks again for sharing.

Dan
Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
That is such a beautiful story and it really touches a special place in my heart. My grandfather died when I was 7 but I've always felt him with me even my ex (who can see the deseased) told me he is around me all the time. I'm so glad that grandfather was there for you and it's really cool that he was a magic man. Thank you for writing this story it's good to read the positve ones once in while. ❤Kalli

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: