You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Laugh

Real Ghost Stories

The Laugh

 

One night, about five or six years ago, I sat in my room in the middle of the night. I was about thirteen years old. I was the only one awake in the house. I was supposed to be in bed a few hours earlier but I stayed up watching TV. When I turned the TV off I got up to change my clothes and I sat back down on my bed and looked at a magazine for a little while. Everything was silent in the house when out of nowhere I heard this horrible laugh. It was above me like someone was in the attic or hovering over me. I was in shock and too scared to get up.

A few minutes later I finally got the guts to go look around. There were no lights on. I checked my brothers' room right next door to me and I shook my brother Christopher awake. I asked him "Did you hear something?" He replied, "No." Chris had been in a deep sleep and was slurring his words. "I just heard a really high pitched laugh." I said to him. "That was me," he had said. I know it wasn't him because the laugh was right above my room. Looking back now I think he was just tiring to calm me down. I went back into my room and tried to get to sleep and didn't hear the laugh again.

A month later my family had been out to go to our schools football game. I had gotten in trouble earlier that day and had to stay home and clean. While I was in the kitchen drying the dishes I had just washed I heard the laugh again. This time it was in the computer room which is the room right beside my room. I went in there thinking "Maybe my brother left the computer on and there is a video still playing." The computer was turned off and so were the lights. I was so scared I ran into the living room and stayed there until my family got home. Luckily, I only had to wait a few minutes.

I never heard the laugh again. We were actually in the middle of moving at the time so we only stayed a few weeks more.

I still wonder if maybe it was all in my head. But the laugh was too scary for me to imagine.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Milly416, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Kalli_psy90 (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
I don't think you imagined the laugh especially not 2 times. Maybe the move disturbed a spirit and it wanted someones attention after being awaken. I would have been scared so bad when something simular happened to me I did freak out. I don't think it ment any harm I think it was just letting you know it was there. I hope this helps ❤Kalli

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: