You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Saying Goodbye In A Dream

Real Ghost Stories

Saying Goodbye In A Dream

 

First I would like to say, thank you for reading my experiences. I have had many but these are the two that mean the most to me. Second, here are my experiences with Nate.

Nate was my best friend. We lived down the road from each other and any time we needed someone to talk we were there for each other. He was like my brother. Nate joined the Army Reserves right out of high school and loved it. 9/11 happened and since then he had wanted to go overseas and fight for his country. In 2005 Nate volunteered to deploy to Iraq. He left in November 2005 and was killed January 7th 2006, his Humvee and a dump truck hit head on. Maybe about 2 months after he had passed I had a dream that I was at the mall and I walked out and he was standing there and told me to come and talk to him. I walked with him to his truck and we talked for a bit and then he said "I have to go now". I started to cry and told him that he couldn't leave me and I miss him and love him and he needed to stay. He told me he couldn't stay and had to go and he loved me too. I then woke up crying. I shared my experience with his mom and she told me that he was saying goodbye to me in his own special way.

My second experience with Nate.

My husband and Nate were in the same Army Unit and both were deployed together. In June 2006 I was having a hard time with my husband being gone, and with Nate dying, I had had our daughter a month after my husband had left to train to go overseas and she was a colic baby and I was stressed about work also. I cried so much during those months. One day I was sitting outside on our front porch enjoying the day and I looked to the side of the bottom step and saw a little green army guy. I thought that was weird because our neighbors to the west are older and I never saw any grandkids there and the neighbors to the east had a boy but I rarely saw him outside and when I did it was always the backyard and he played with cars not army guys. So I picked up the army guy and it was a little dusty but not a lot, there were no scratches or anything on him. I told my mom about it and she thinks he was giving me a sign that everything would be okay and that he was still trying to be there for me. Makes me tear up when I think about it still.

Again thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mellyanne, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RSeal (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-28)
What Lotus Said... I'm glad your husband is home. Sounds like he's been deployed as often as me. Let me recommend a book for both of you. I run a marriage enrichment program in my church. "Five Love Languages". The author is a Christian, but doesn't beat you with the Bible or say "Prayer fixes all". Even if your marriage is strong, this book can help. Example... Me and my Mrs are going on year 27. Good Luck, Mel. Tell Hubby, "Welcome back, Trooper."

RSeal
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Bless you so very much. I am so stoked to hear that your hubby's with you & the little one now. I ask that the Holy Spirit really protects & enter your lives, in Jesus'name I pray.

AMEN

I don't want your hubby to get deployed either. Just know There are folks praying for you



~LSD~
mellyanne (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Thank you all so much, I appreciate all of the things you wrote, the thoughts and prayers. My husband and I are good, He just got back this summer from his 3rd deployment and we are hopeful that there are no other in our future.
Nate actually is the one who introduced my husband and I to each other. As I have said they were in the same Army unit and Nate was tired of me dating crappy guys, so he gave my phone number to this guy and the guy called, we started dating and 13 months later we were married. It has been 6 years since our wedding.
Nate and I always watched out for each other, lol if I was dating a crappy guy he would push for me to break up with him and likewise if he was dating a crappy girl I would push until they broke up. I always remember when one certain crappy guy broke up with me and Nate just held me while I cried. I miss him so much every day and was devastated when he was killed. I felt like part of my heart died also. He was such a great person and anyone who met him instantly liked him. Thank you again, and all of your posts brought tears to my eyes.
RSeal (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Sounds like you and Nate have a good relationship. I'll keep you and your husband in my prayers so he will come home safe and enjoy your baby with you.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
I don't know what to say. I'm sorry for your loss, but happy for you at the same time. People so rarely get to experience such a sincere friendship. Treasure every memory of Nate, and treasure that little Army man. You truly are blessed to have experienced such a friendship. He will always be looking over you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
It sounds as if you are very blessed to have had a friend like Nate. Friendship like that transcends all avenues, even death. Although you can not see him, his is checking in on you from time to time.

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
You are a strong woman, my dear. I know a colic baby like no other & losing loved ones & being lonely & have the baby blues. How are you now? It's so touching that your friend assured you in your dream & the army man, that he is just fine ❤ Keep strong & bless you.

~LSD~
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
I'm sorry that you lost your friend Nate. It sounds like he wants you to know his spirit lives on, watching over you and loving you. Cherish that love from the other side!
lankyloo98 (7 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Thats really sad. Sorry for your loss. I have experienced the same thing with seeing people who have passed including people I don't know! It can be months later that I find out that the person I have spoken to is someone else's relative/friend! Take comfort that he is ok and that he sort you out to say good bye. God Bless

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: