You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Walk I Shared With An Unexpected Guest

Real Ghost Stories

The Walk I Shared With An Unexpected Guest

 

It was sometime in the Spring, I remember because the days were rather warm and the house martins flew around the timbers of our secondary school, me and my friend Anna were sitting in our arts class chatting when she received a text from her mother saying that because of work she was un able to pick her up and take her home. Anna started to panic because she wasn't used to walking home. I had to be straight home for a party my mom was taking me too. I didn't really want to go as it was one of her friend's kid's party's and we didn't get on well, so without any hesitation I offered to walk her home.

Where Anna lived was quite far away; it was on the other side of town in a small estate called Paxcroft and while I didn't care she was quite nervous. In the end she agreed and we arranged to meet after school and I'd walk her home, now when I left I didn't expect anything in particular to happen, it was just a normal day for me, so soon the time came to leave and we started walking.

We had made it to the outskirts of Trowbride where I lived and soon we would be in Paxcroft, but before we entered Paxcroft we had to first walk down this seemingly abandoned dirt track road, it was dusty and I commented on how 'western' it seemed and we both laughed. Then I got onto the topic of spirit guardians and I had told her how I had been seeing this giant black dog out of the corner of my eyes but it had always disappeared when I went to look again and just in that moment to the right of the dirt track was a separate little alley and there I saw this giant black dog the same one that I had been seeing a lot of.

Anna had seen it too because we had both started to chase it, bearing in mind that this alley was really long! We would have seen it run but when we went to look it was nowhere to be seen, so I shrugged it off and walked Anna home. Now on the way home it started to get dark and I was slightly worried that I might be followed by someone so I picked up my pace. Half a mile I heard nothing then suddenly now and then I would hear barking and scraping as if something was scraping its feet in the gravel under foot, again I ignored it.

When I took a short cut through a churchyard I was alarmed because out of the corner of my left eye I saw a man standing from sitting on a bench and he began to follow me with his hands in his pockets. Then I decided to run. Probably not the best idea but I was frightened and so this man picked up speed too and in my mind, it was the strangest thing but I heard the same faint barking. I had walked along that dust track in Paxcroft and when I ran I swear it was nothing like I had ever done, I ran faster than I should have been able too I knew my limits and it was like they had been taken away, and when I next stopped I was near a shop by my school, the barking had long stopped and the man was gone.

To this day I don't know what happened, maybe I moved so fast because I was scared but then why did I hear faint barking? I believe a ghost dog or something had leant me its strength and so had protected me, I never saw it again after that but apart of me was glad that I wasn't alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ShucksCrossroad, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Claudia_Sofia (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-20)
Nice story but please don't you ever put yourself in a dangerous situation!, thank God for the dog that came to your rescue. I agree, must be your guardian angel
ShucksCrossroad (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
Well, tbh I'm not sure, all I know is that when I was at school I used to be bullied a while back and I used to see him nearly everyday, just out of teh corner of my eye, I would sit and talk about my day with it if it was listening and when the bullying stopped he vanished, but then this day happened and I saw him again and it was really clear, I don't know if he is a she because when I was small my dad had a black retriever mix called jasmin and I often found her almost like a playmate.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
This dog sounds like a spirit guide or guardian. We all have an animal spirit that we connect with and that watches over us. Yours revealed himself to you that day. I think it's very possible that he leant you his strength to let you escape.
Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
i understand what the dog is. The dog is your guardian angel. I have a dog guardian angel, she is a blueheeler/wolf mix and she once rescued me from a St.bernard, which was four times larger than her. She could not have taken down a dog that size the way she did if she was a regular dog, so I KNOW that God Himself blessed me with her and gave her such power.
You are lucky to have a guardian angel, few have them.

Your helper,
God's daughter ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Why do you think this 'dog' choose this figure? Is there something significant about a dog to you or your family? Just curious,

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: