You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Family And Our House

Real Ghost Stories

My Family And Our House

 

I am 20 years old and I live in Heswall in an ordinary house with my family it's a small house it's not big or scary or that old. I moved to Heswall in 1996 with my family, I have 2 younger brothers and 2 younger sisters a mum and dad and my dog.

We moved in to Heswall in 1996 and it was about a year after we moved there that my mum had her first taste of some of the unexplainable things that happens in our house.

She was alone in bed one night (my dad working night shifts) and was half a sleep when she felt someone sit down on the end of the bed, the heavy weight that made the mattress dip made her realize it was not one of the kids. The following night the same thing happened again. But this time whatever it was started to play with her feet. She told my dad who replied she was probably dreaming, the next night the same thing happened again but this time whatever it was said her name which is Sandra. She closed her eyes tight and told it to p**s off and she hasn't heard from it since.

Other things have happened also such as my brother Robert has seen on quite a few occasions a figure of a tall man walking down the stairs. My mum has been at home by herself, when we have been at school and seen a small child run into her room. My little brother George has seen a figure of a man in the doorway of his room at night time and this figure has just stood for about 15 minutes turned around and vanished. My youngest sister Aimee has been half a sleep in bed when someone has hit her on the side of the face.

Robert told my mum a few months ago that he had heard loud whispering in the dining room when it was just him in the house.

On one occasion late at night I was on the computer in the dining room when some one touched my hair, and I heard loud whispering coming from the other side of the room like two people having a conversation, the dog that was with me started to whine and growl with her hackles up.

Some times strange things happen outside the house, my mum and I have heard an old woman crying hysterically in the garden, my mum was the first to hear her, she was in the living room one night having a warm milk as she couldn't sleep. She suddenly heard an old woman yelling and screaming for God to help her, my mum really alarmed as the woman's cries seemed to be right outside our back door, ran upstairs for my dad they both went outside together to look for this woman in case she was hurt they searched all over the garden but couldn't find her.

When my mum asked the neighbors is they had heard anything they all said they hadn't. Last summer I was in bed half asleep when I heard the woman in the garden she was really hysterical and crying for God to help her. It sounded like she was right beneath my window, really frightened I lay there until it stopped after about 10 minutes We haven't heard from her since and I really hope we don't again as she was quite freighting.

Other things have also happened in the house but there the kind of things that you always hear about such as hearing people walking bout upstairs when you know no ones up there. The cupboard doors in the kitchen have all been opened even though they where all closed when you left a couple of minutes ago (kind of like sixth sense the movie).

One thing that all the family has experienced is the kitchen door opening and closing in the dead of night. The door is really creaky and stiff so you can hear it from upstairs. We sent our dad down one night because someone was opening and closing the kitchen door so many times that night we all got a little scared, but of course my dad said no one was down there.

One thing that scared my mum, and even my dad didn't know how to explain it was one night last year about one in the morning someone ran across the landing ran down the stairs and opened the kitchen door and slammed it really loud, my mum got out of bed and checked on all the kids but we were all asleep.

I will leave you with one last frighten experience and was the most truly scary for all the family. Last year at the end of summer, my brother Robert and I were still up it was 11:30 and Family Guy was on the TV everyone else was a sleep in bed. Robert asked me if I was going to watch the second Family Guy with him but I said no and was going to bed, 10 minutes later I was in bed lying there thinking when so suddenly and unexpected a horrible cry form the kitchen it was a mixture of a wail moaning scream, nothing like I have ever heard before not even on any films I have watched.

I sat straight up in bed terrified Robert came running up the stairs two steps at a time crying and shaking. My mum and dad ran out of their room. George my youngest brother was sitting in bed crying; my two sisters kept asking what the noise was. Robert said that he was watching Family Guy when he had heard something in the kitchen move by the back door next to the oven, he went back to watching TV next thing he hears something in the kitchen again like there was someone in the room, and then he heard that horrible scream he said that he just closed his eyes threw the TV remote and ran upstairs.

My mum and dad settled everyone down and searched the whole house but couldn't find anything needless to say no one slept that night. The next day my mum went around all the neighbors house's and asked if they had heard anything in the street or if anyone's dog had howled in the night all said they hadn't heard anything out of the ordinary. One neighbor did comment on that he did hear a noise from our house; he said it sounded like some sort of scream.

So my mum told her what had happened to us during the night, she replied that she had also experienced the same thing a few years back in her house, had heard the same scream in her house but had been so scared she called the police but they hadn't found anyone in her house they told her it must of been the pipes groaning. The neighbor told mum that some of the older neighbors call it the Barnston banshee and she comes from across Barnston fields (which we live opposite) in the summer time.

I hope you have enjoyed reading some of the experiences I have shared with you hope I haven't frightened you too much or bored you as I do tend to waffle on a bit. Any way please tell me what you think and if there's any one out there that can explain the noise that we heard in our kitchen we would really appreciate it if anyone has any clue, or that maybe it was just a banshee.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Han, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Han (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
It's so nice to read these comments and find that people belief me and care about what I have written thank you so much. The only history we know about the house, is that the first people to live in the house 80 years ago hated children and weren't the nicest of people, they both passed away a long time ago. We are not the only people to experience scary things though, as I said in my story a neighbour has had the screaming thing in her kitchen and phoned the police because she was so scared. My friend's dad who lives next door, has been dragged out of bed by his feet but it was just him and his wife in bed. I think I may need to check out the history of the land any ideas where I could start? Thanks again. 😁
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Yikes! For some reason the stories with hearing screams and groans when no one's there scare me the most! Do you still live in this house?
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Waffle on Han, waffle on.

Doubt anyone but Christ himself can tell you what it was. But you could ask him. Or ask him to keep the unclen thing out of your home.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Wow Han they are seem freaky experiences I have heard of Banshees I think they are Irish Folklore but if you hear them it is meant to be a death omen but I would not look to far into that. I think what you heard is something trying to get all of your attention and it sounds like it did.
I would look more in to the home and the lands history I think this has something to do with it.
As JamesRobiscoe has mentioned take comfort in the fact that you are all experiencing this and not just yourself, all of you together have more power in numbers to be able to solve what is going on in your home. Good luck, keep us posted.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Han--Your location sounds increasingly busy. The house building may not be all that old but the land is, and you might look up old maps to show what was there in previous years.
As usual, once spirits notice someone notices them, they get bolder. It's evident things are heating up at your place. Why is a whole other question.
And poor Robert! It's consoling though that your whole family experiences the bangs and shrieks and phantom wisps; no one needs be alone. This is your great advantage. Each might take a task or keep a record of certain events, research history, newspapers, etc. Each doing something to help sleuth this out. If tensions grow, take a breather. Agree to stay connected and talk. Every one of you must know how each other feels. There is definite strength and courage in a united front. Success in the days ahead. ~James
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-11)
Some very frightening things here, Han. I'm not a pro at this sort of thing but I am very happy you shared this with us and hope that you can find someone to help you out. If you have any more stories, please post them! You're not boring at all. Again, thanks for sharing this with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: