You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Please Help Me Understand

Real Ghost Stories

Please Help Me Understand

 

I am hoping someone might be able to help me/us understand what we are experiencing as I think we are getting a little nervous about the situation. I have one sister only, who has 4 children and her eldest is 23 years old. On a few late nights I would visit their house after visiting mum in hospital. When I was sitting in the lounge room, I caught a glimpse of a smallish dark shadow (very quick). When I turned my head my sis asked what was the matter and I said I thought I saw something. When I described it, she then explained about their experiences, which we now are more conscious about and I think we are scaring ourselves.

To give you examples, they have been in all different areas of the house, seems to be small size as on one occasion my sisters partner thought it was one of the kids hiding under his bed. He called out, "what are you doing?" On separate occasions my sis has felt a presence of something and seems to be weighing her down in bed and then woke up face to face with a very old, scary looking woman very close to her face. My niece (without any knowledge of her mum's experience) had a similar experience, she sleeps downstairs on her own and felt pressure on her chest and this old woman staring at her.

Now on the same night that I caught a glimpse of this shadow, when I was ready to leave the house, I reached for the door handle and found that it jiggled. I was a little hesitant at first but eventually grabbed it and walked out the door. On another night again, when I was going to leave her house, I heard a knocking on the door (it sounded like a noise from a door softly banging in the breeze, as my kids tend to leave the bathroom door open and it sounded identical). It didn't stop until I opened the door and found no one there as well as a very still night, no breeze. I thought how weird. Now, two nights ago my niece stayed the night to look after my son as I would be working the following morning and all was well, until she told me the following morning her experiences in my house. She feels strange in my eldest son's room (7 years old) and has seen more than one dark shadow standing in front of her while she was laying on my sofa bed. I don't know what this all means but I REALLY am curious to read all suggestions.

When my eldest son was a baby I know that he would look up and have a great giggle. When I would try and look for whatever it was, nothing, eventually I put it down to his angels are watching over him and as long as he was happy, all was well. Now that his little brother has moved into that room after he was born, I am finding that he too some nights is having giggling fits and I just say at least he is being looked after.

House histories:

Sister: purchased approx 20+yr old double stories house. Found out from neighbors that they had a young son who suffered a battle with cancer and he passed away in the house.

My house: Built from scratch, we are the only owners. The area was farm land, cows grazing on the pastures.

Hope you can shed some light, to help us understand what exactly is going on, what we should do etc.

Thanking you all in advance

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gloria, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostslaya (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-07)
well I think its probobly the ghost of the young boy... And he wants you to know hes there... Try to comunicate with him and give him a way to pass on he means you no harm...
gloria (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-25)
Thanks Shane,

I'll pass on the info to my sis and niece and keep you posted. I don't think it has been a frequent occurence but if and when it happens again I will let you know of the outcome.

Kind Regards
Gloria
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-22)
It could be, but it could also be a way of getting their attention. When it makes its next appearance to your sis or niece just tell them to ask it what it wants. If not physcially then mentally. If it does give them an answer and it turns out to be something malicious then have then ask it to leave, that its presence is no longer welcome in the home. Do not antagonize it as this could have bad results. If it doesn't and they want it to leave then I suggest the ceremony I gave you the link to. Let us know what you find out. My prayers of light and protection are with you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
gloria (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-22)
Thankyou so much Shane and redone1867. I really appreciate your comments. It is really nice to know what other people think as it puts our mind at ease trying to understand what is going on.

In respect to the old lady who appears in my sis and nieces face I am just wondering is that some sort of scare tactic or ?

Kind Regards
Gloria
redone1867 (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
Hello Gloria, I would have to say that the pressure on your sister and your neice would be a ghost that wants you to know they are there. I wouldn't worry to much unless they are trying to hurt you. As for the gigling at your house, I would say that it is a relative watching over your boys and keeping them safe.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
Very interesting. Now personally without being able to do a proper investigation of your homes what I offer you is purely speculation and not proof positive of any thing. The shadow thing could be a nature spirit, a brownie or such, or it could be that of a spirit that is not able to draw enough energy to full manifest itself. Since you say that a small child passed away from cancer in that home this could possibly explain the playful nature of the entity. Now as for your home it could quite possibly be the spirit of a relative of yours or your husbands that has passed on and is watching over your boys. Children often see things we as adults do not or chose not to see. They haven't had their minds polluted with the judgements of our society that says what is or isn't real. I hope I haven't confused you more. I am sure you will receieve more advise from others here as well. If you begin to feel threatened then you could do a smudge ceremony. I have the direction for it here http://www.yourghoststories.com/ghost-articles/native-american-ceremony.php

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: