You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Angry Jealous Man

Real Ghost Stories

Angry Jealous Man

 

I recently finished my internship at a hotel in Sweden, and this is a story about an angry, jealous spirit that is said to haunt the hotel. Funny enough, after a couple of days of this 10 weeks internship, I told one of my colleagues that "every hotel has a ghost". So she told me the story about what have happened there.

First of all, the hotel is newly renovated, but they've kept the original stairway and elevator, that's from the early 1900s. The hotel is in the middle of a big town in northern Sweden, and has 5 floors.

The story is that it's haunted by a jealous man, who committed suicide in one of the rooms; it was still apartments before it got rebuilt into a hotel. That particular room where he died, the window above the bed always breaks. Doesn't matter if it's new or old, it breaks again. Once, after the cleaning ladies cleaned the whole room from top to bottom, there was glass all over the bed when the guest arrived. There is no way the cleaning staff missed it.

About a month ago, I worked one night with one of my colleagues, and we stood in the reception chatting (it was not much else to do in those late hours), when Anna (the colleague) looked up and said "Hm, did you see someone walk in to the conference room?" I turned my head and saw a black shadow slid through the conference door, before it closed again. Anna ran to look, but there was no one there, even though we both saw this man walk through those doors. A couple of nights after that, it was me and Anna again working, we sat in a couple of chairs right next to the reception, drinking some coffee, when we heard the elevator stop on the ground floor, we both ran up getting ready to help the guest. But when we reached the reception, no one came from the elevator. We just thought it was a bit strange, but kept on drinking coffee. We then heard the elevator doors open again (The elevator was, like I said above, very old, and had these inner doors you had to close before it could move). We heard this noise like 10 times during the night, but there was never anyone there.

Almost everyone who worked there has experienced something; the TV came on by itself, someone breathing in one of the cleaning ladies ears, all of the doors on one floor couldn't open, and when the locksmith came he said he couldn't find anything wrong with them, and so on.

So what do you guys think, is the hotel haunted?

Thank you for reading this very long story!

Other hauntings by Melime

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Melime, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Melime (10 stories) (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Thanks guys!


Well actually, there was this sidenote I forgot to write in the story. Once there was a lady coming down in the middle of the night, said that she couldn't stay in her room and demanded a new one. The receptionist asked what was wrong, and the lady said "There is someone staring at me in there." She got a new room and didn't mention it again.

And yeah, almost all old hotels do have a ghost! I'd like to read more about it 😁

Have you posted anything about the ghost at your hotel Nighthingale? 😁
Nighthingale23 (60 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Ooh spooky... Lol. Thank you for your story, you have no idea how much I can relate to it. I've been doing graveyard shift at a Hotel for the past two and a half years... Oh yes I've had some interesting company in my time. And oh yes your so right... All hotels have ghosts! Maybe because of all the human traffic.

Thank you and God Bless you. ❤
sandeescare (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
has any guests complained at all?
That's an amazin story. But it's true what you said, all hotels have a ghost!
Well most old ones anyway 😁
chat234 (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
wow I would like to visit that hotel and also Sweden. Have you even seen the Entity approach you at all or any of the employee or guest

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: