You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Ouija Ouija Ouija

Real Ghost Stories

Ouija Ouija Ouija

 

I guess I should start from the beginning. Since the age of two I have always experienced ghost, spirits and so on. The first experience I can remember clearly and precisely was at the age of six while sitting outside on the swing set in my backyard. I remember having a conversation with my deceased great great grandfather on my mother's side. I had always had conversations with him and it freaked my mother out because when he died I was one and did not know his name or really who he was and they never talked about him around me, but all of a sudden I knew who he was and was constantly talking about him. He appeared to me and I got so terrified I ran into the house and since then I have not seen anything but I sure have heard and felt them!

My grandmother's house known for being haunted since my mother and aunts and uncle were children, has constantly spooked me. Incidents that happened to name a few the attic door in the ceiling and ladder have been opened and pulled down, my uncle's old toy cars would be set up in the attic like someone was playing with them, things would go missing and be found in drawers everywhere around the house, footsteps down the hall etc. When I would sleep over I would always feel something sit on the bed and lay down next to me. One time throw pillows on a chair were picked up and tossed across the room. Eventually, not because of the house, my grandparents moved and nothing happened for a while and I sort of just forgot about the whole thing until my silly teenage self randomly came across a Ouija board that belonged to my Aunt.

My brother and i, me being about 15 at the time, being curious decided to try it out only thinking we ask the questions and when we are done say goodbye. There was one point where we did not have our hands on the planchette as it was spelling out the answers. Scared to death we ended the game and I put it in my closet. For a few days the closet stayed freezing cold and the light in the closet would continually turn on and off. Being the petrified chicken I am I explained everything to my mom and her being a believer herself decided we should get rid of it but mentioned burning it because throwing it away would only make it return, myth or not we aren't completely sure, but when I tell you we completely soaked the board in lighter fluid and it DID NOT burn the fire simply gathered on top of the board and just burned like it was waiting for us to roast marsh mellows or something, it didn't even turn black from burning! We broke it into pieces and threw it away and afterward we didn't have any problems. That was incident one and as if I hadn't learned my lesson then my stubbornly curious self brings us to incident two.

A friend of mine and i, at this time I was about 19, decided to purchase a newer Ouija at our local toy 'r' us and again try my fabulous luck. Nothing extremely frightening happened and again I stored the board in my closet. For two weeks every time I was in my room I felt sad and depressed and when I would leave I felt normal, weird or coincidence maybe but I can't remember how I got rid of the second board but I did and everything was fine afterward.

Now to begin with incident three. Is the third time the charm who knows? I am now 23 and weeks ago, for some unknown reason, I began researching any and everything about Ouija boards from stories to rules and tips the origin the history anything you can think of and being the genius I am (ha ha) purchased a vintage 1960's Ouija. I was waiting impatiently for it to arrive and out of a dead sleep I kid you not in pajamas and all I felt it was here and jumped out of bed at 3:45 in the afternoon, after a long night out with friends, and ran to the back door where the box was sitting. Eagerly I took it in and with my 16 year old brother watching I opened the box which was accompanied by a gust of cold air which did not scare me but only excited me! That night we brought the board to my friend Kelly's apartment accompanied by my mom and younger brother to try my first experiment this time completely prepared and ready. Once in the door with our white candles and my mom's secret stash of holy water hidden in her purse, we set everything up. We turned off all TVs and phones, turned out the lights, lit the candles, said the protection prayer and began. First it started off with me and my mom asking if there were any spirits present that would like to speak to us... After about 20 minutes the indicator began to jerk extremely slow to yes before going off the board. After everything I read I was warned that if it did go off the board to end session immediately and wait a while before beginning again because this was a way for spirits to come from the board into your space.

Second session was Kelly and I we asked the same question as before and nothing happened after waiting 30 minutes. We ended waited a while and tried again with me and my brother. This time we blind folded ourselves. We felt it was easier to keep our minds clear if we weren't looking at anything and this way we couldn't see numbers or letters so it seemed the answers would be more legit rather than our subconscious answering for us. My mom volunteered to write down what was said and keep us aware of what we couldn't see. So we asked are there any spirits who would like to chat... With more speed it went to yes... We then asked if it were a male it said yes... We asked the name and it spelled VIF... Thinking it was initials we asked are these your initials and while in transit to yes the indicator stopped and a tingle went through my fingers. I took my hands off the planchette and so did my brother. Our fingers were hovering over it and we were about to place them back on when my mother said stop the board is spinning. I replied what do you mean the board is spinning and she answered the entire board is spinning in circles freaked out my brother took off his blindfold to watch and I still had mine on... When it stopped we put our hands back on the indicator and it went straight for the end of the board before my brother pressed hard against it and we ended the session for the time being said the closing prayer blew out the candles and left to go home.

I do not live with my mom I live with my grandparents and my brother was staying over for the weekend and my grandpa being against Ouija boards wouldn't let us play there. With me still not completely satisfied with our sessions, I decided to secretly set up in the spare room and try with just me and Tyler (my brother) and see what we get. This time the indicator moved rather quickly are there spirits here who would like to talk answer was yes... Are you male and the answer was yes what is your name and it spelled out VIF again... Are these your initials and the answer was yes. I then asked what is your first full name and it spelled out VINCENT... I asked if we knew him and it answered yes. I then asked what year were you born and it answered 1937. I must confess that I was thinking the name Vincent and 1937 before and after asking the questions. After this the candles began flickering a lot more than usual which freaked out my brother and he began to get a bad feeling but I did not and didn't want to stop but I figured he was only scared because it was dim in the room so he turned on the light and we tried to continue with the light on but nothing happened. We closed the session said the prayer and put the board AGAIN into the closet but this time it wasn't my closet it was the closet in the spare room.

That night my brother slept with me and nothing out of the ordinary happened. Still not convinced I was beginning to think everything was a coincidence and I wasted money again on a Ouija until last night.

I was lying in bed watching TV when a shadow was on my wall it startled me at first and then quickly I thought it's something in the room making the shadow from the TV or clock. I waved my arm in front of the clock and I saw my arm move on the wall and breathed a sigh of relief. I lay back down and started watching TV until I heard what sounded like someone in slippers dragging their feet down the hall. I am a person who must always sleep with the closet door closed and also the bedroom door for fear of seeing anything I don't want given my infamous pass so I wait for the door to open thinking it's one of my grandparents coming to talk to me and no one ever comes so I go to open the door to see if they are up and no one is. I closed the door and heard it again. I opened the door quickly turned on the hall light and nothing. I closed the door turn on my light, turn down the TV and wait to see if I hear it again and I don't but I do feel my hair being messed with. I ran my hand down the back of my head and again my hair comes to the side like someone is playing with it like they grabbed it from the back and swiped in to the side to rest on my shoulder (no the fan is not on). I was scared but not really it's hard to explain. After that I got up grabbed my rosary, prayed. I sprinkled holy water on the rosary and around my room turned off the lights, (keeping the TV on of course) and tried to sleep.

I AM TIRED! Because of course I barely got any sleep but I will not get rid of the board because I feel it is a way to open myself up again I don't feel anything bad is around and I don't intend on using the board alone or in a bad or disrespectful way so my conclusions are to get over my fear and to continue to have sessions and see where it goes. I feel emotionally ready to deal with the experiences I have been having my entire life. Crazy maybe but I am too intrigued with the things I have experienced in the past and the things that I have learned, to stop investigating the spirit world. So as time goes on I will be sure to keep everyone updated on my findings and experiences.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lauren318, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-06)
Good story but I feel I should mention that too much lighter fluid will just burn itself and nothing else. You can even poor it on your skin and light it without getting burned. That was not supernatural, just a bit of badly placed naive moments. Very good story though.
lauren318 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-14)
Paranormal I tried emailing you to hear your story but the email address isn't correct... If you have another let me know by the way thanks for the comments everyone 😁
ParanormalActivity (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-11)
OMG I didn't even finish redaing your story but I am on the computer at school. And no joke a just felt someone pushmy chair in and click my mouse and it went crazy clicking. Read my other story called when it began I think or just email me so I can send it to you daddyslittleangele [at] hotmail.com omg my fingers are shaking
girlheldtightdown201 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
That is aweful, this is just my opinion so don't be offended but I think it's just horrible for one to use a board, I believe it is just asking for trouble, if you are fully into God why even bother with one that's playing with the devil and I think it's sad that your mother also played with you I think I would want to protect my child instead of creating a bad situation, I feel sorry for your brother to who's to say that stuff can't be truamatizing to him now. I have been curious before about them too but never have I actually played one because of it. I have heard to many stories about them to mess with something that bad, You know the saying curiuosty killed the cat, I would be very careful if I was you and not dabble into that stuff nomore if it's not to late, I see it as kindof selling your soul to the devil, just my opinion that's how much I feel they are real. I think that your strong curiuosity about it might be coming from a evil force trying to over take you, I do hope you stay safe. 😢
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
Good advise S.I.P.D...Just to add a little to your comment... I believe our subconscious state of mind ends up our true spiritual level of consciousness and our conscious thought process interacts in a developing manner... Basically our spiritual consciousness learns from and stores our memories to take forward into the next realm...now!... Those that deliberately enter the spiritual realm via Ouija boards are unlocking there own spiritual consciousness and if you have had no experience with the spirits good or bad, or the side effects that associate with our minds... Then those people end up having some difficulty in dealing with the reality... What I mean by side effects?...our spiritual conscious has the ability to reality project... Basically Create visions, fields, residuals and dreams... That is why some people who passed are confused or unable to go into the light, as they are stuck in these projected fields.

Now!...evil spirits know how to manipulate your perception in a way to control your thought process, so they basically project your nightmares to break you down... It can be terrifying and I have had a few experiences myself and know how real they seem...
Only those that have a strong conscious state of mind can steer there spiritual conscious and keep it under control without any side effects... If you jump at shadows and are the type that is afraid of the dark... You should absolutely give these boards a miss...
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
I think I'll pipe in a little here about Ouija rituals...

Good and bad spirits can use a board to communicate equally. Unfortunately some negative spirits purposefully seek out people using these tools, because it make a fast door for them. The rituals people say to do in order to allow only benevolent spirits into the space can help, but from what I've seen aren't a failsafe. They are dependent on the spiritual strength of the user.

Those who can control what comes in their space through their thoughts alone are believed to be the only people who can use a Ouija board 100% safely. These people can immediately tell the difference between a ghost that wants to talk, or needs help, and an entity that's just telling them what they want to hear, so the session continues, and the portal opens wider. The paradox is that people with this much spiritual expertise don't need a board to communicate. And that is why many consider the board to be a dangerous childrens toy.

My mother never let me have one as a child/teenager. She told me I would need to understand just as much about portals as the entities that use them, before it would be safe. I see her point. It's like dangling a bag of money in front of a person who only desires wealth. Some beings only desire is to get into someone's space (for whatever their reason) and can be very destructive. "Some" being the key word.

I think it's important to follow your curiosities and see how deep you need to go before you will satisfied with an answer. Just make sure it's not at anyone else's expense. Doing Ouija in a building makes it a prime target for any number of beings, and they will affect all residents if the spirit decides to stay.

Oh, and one more thing... Old objects can often have an energy clinging to them. Either from those who owned it, what happened around it, or a entity infused into it. Your board may carry a sort of voodoo that its use unlocks, and cannot be guarded against with the little beginning prayer people recommend. Or it could be blessed with a protective energy. Who knows why you found yourself so attracted to it, but if I were you, I'd continue to keep that question in mind when interacting with any entities it brings forth.

Remember that some know how to tell you what you want to hear.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
Lauren,
PLEASE be careful! Please look at my story regarding Ouijia board incident of my own under my profile adn you will see why I ask you to please be careful! It is very easy to be fooled once the portal is opened.

God Bless!
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
hi thankyou for sharing your story, it was interesting, please think twice before you use the board again, even if you do all the right things like prayer holy water ect, as nothing good will come from ouija board some spirits are not who they say they are and you may get your self in to hot water. Good luck thankyou for sharing. Di
DCinAZ (guest)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Hey, I'm old and crabby sometimes but I mean well. Look, you're smart enough to hold your own in a heated debate and I think in the end you'll make your decision based on clear and rational grounds. My only goal was to provoke the debate. The subject too important (and I'm too pushy) to turn my back to it. I like a person who can take a punch and get right back up and into the fight like it was nothing. You got character kiddo, keep it up. 😊 😉
lauren318 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
i am not upset with you at all... And what you just explained does make a lot of sense and put in that perspective does make me think a lot more but please understand I am not trying to make this seem good or bad I am just trying to best explain and somewhat translate my thoughts and feelings on the matter... Yes the curiosity is getting to me and I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that I don't feel anything negative or bad and not to say it can't happen but at the moment it isn't...the just is I wanted to try it to see if it was real or fake if it was imagination and in my mind experiencing it first hand was the best way to answer that but I do agree with you and I do want to look into other ways to connect to my spiritual side ouija was just an option that occurred not the first or the last but just one that seemed to catch my attention a little stronger than others
DCinAZ (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Listen, you may get as upset with me as you like, that's no skin off my back. But if you serious believe that any amount of persuasive debate will make what your doing sound like a good idea, you are only convincing yourself. One of the reasons the Ouija is popular is because it's a shortcut. Why would you want to take the shortcut? In most cases it's to save time, to get from point A to point B without the bothersome details bogging you down. Well, when A and B are physical distances, as in miles, then a shortcut does make sense. You cut down on travel time and are able to move on to your next objective. No problem. The question is, what do you miss? In this case, you've missed nothing. As a matter of fact you've made a wise business decision, saving time and most likely money. Really the only good thing you've missed is the scenery. That's what is missing in this fast paced micro-wavable time we're living in, the scenery. Now, in your case the distance isn't measured in miles. It's measured in life experience. It may not seem so important now, but that scenery is such a pleasurable part of the journey and it's effect on a persons psychological well being is so positive that to pass it up would almost be a sin. Being in touch with your spiritual or paranormal side, especially if it means as much to you as you say, should not be 'fast-tracked'. Using shortcuts only takes away from the experience. You may get to the objective in a shorter amount of time but by passing up the scenery you arrive unprepared and miss the wisdom gained by patience. What's the rush? If you have confidence in your ability why not take the time and enjoy ALL of it? Ouija is not only a shortcut, in my eyes it's cheating.
lauren318 (1 stories) (23 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
to add I do know everything you said is out of concern and I do not disregard it whatsoever I do appreciate your thoughts on it and any help you would happen to volunteer but I also think it could have been said in a nicer manner... I do hope there is no friction here and thank you for at least reading my story and taking it into consideration 😊
lauren318 (1 stories) (23 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
i appreciate your insight and thoughts on the matter but I must say that I did not tell the story to brag and not once did I mention I knew everything to know about the ouija... Yes I am curious about it and always have been but you can't exactly say that your opinion is correct and therefore the bottom line... Not all stories have a negative ending when it comes to these things and anything dealing with the spirit world is based on possibilities and experiences and though you may have had negative encounters and aspects towards this situation does not necessarily mean it will be the same for everyone... I have read hundreds of stories about ouija and I must say both positive and negative even themselves out when it come to them... I did not force my brother to play or to continue he chose to turn on the light to be more comfortable to continue playing... I am sorry if I am wrong in saying this but I feel your comment was somewhat rude and if those were not your intentions I apologize but I did not claim to be experienced nor a professional I admitted my curiosity was getting the best of me hence the reason for wanting to experiment... I have a strong faith in god and always have and in no way am I trying to contact anything evil or going into this with bad intentions it is just somethings that intrigues me... I am not here to impress anyone and not once did I ask for advice I left it open for discussions and I am not one to judge or bash anyone's opinions or insights... They are plenty of ghost hunters/investigators etc on here who investigate these things in ways disturb the dead spirits and what not out of curiosity and seeking to find knowledge and so on I don't see anyone leaving comments the way you have or being judged for that matter
bonnybanshey (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
I agree with DC if it been me I have stopped the first time my moms against them because of an insodent when she and my uncle were younger and he used a board 😐
DCinAZ (guest)
+4
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Gee, it sounds like you are a very confident and secure person. And you obviously need no advise or instruction from anyone outside your circle. Surely you know all you need to know about Ouija to keep yourself safe from anything harmful. That's so cute! We, and I think I can speak for a lot of us here, are so NOT impressed! How is it that despite all warnings to the contrary, someone always pops up claiming to have the research and experience needed to control the Ouija? It's absolutely incredible. Where does this confidence/stubborness come from? Are you also prepared to accept the responsibilty for what happens to the innocent bystanders in this full frontal assault you have planned into the unknown? For example, your little brother was getting uncomfortable but you waved it off and continued on, without a second thought, and only stopped when YOU felt it necessary. Has it ever occurred to you that his safety is more important than your curiosity? (That's called maturity) That whatever you unleash will also be attached equally to him? Not to mention you're grandparents who forbade you to do this in their home in the first place. You come here and brag that you've got it wired, you can handle it? So many before you just didn't have the knowledge to control the outcome, but YOU do? Is this what your telling the world? Just so we have it straight and there's no confusion. After all previous attempts and failures by thousands before you, you've come to show us how it's done? Tell you what, and I'm serious here, you better stay in touch. Because at some point their will be consequences and you're going to need people who can point you in the right direction. It's painfully obvious where this is heading so just do me one favor and stop while you're ahead and get help undoing what has already occurred before it goes any further and more people get hurt. 😠 😐
lauren318 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
i asked my grandparents I know we had a family member named vincent who had died but he was not born nor did he die in 1937... In a way I felt like I was moving it myself to these answers which is why I was not convinced... Ouijas have always sparked my curiosity but I'm always too scared to go in depth and I really can't remember but th first time a ouija has come up in years was a few weeks ago we were talking about what we wanted for christmas and I said tinted windows for my car and a vintage ouija... I have no idea why... But why would this come up after so long and I feel like I can explain everything that has happened so I am still on that border between real and fake... As soon as the indicator went to Vi immediately started thinking of V names and first I thought victor and vin before sticking with vincent...
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+5
14 years ago (2010-10-12)
Lauren,
I will skip the ouija lecture... But it truly is a spiritual Russian roulette... Just a matter of time...click, click, boom.
It is pretty obvious to me, in reading your story, that you have a fairly strong attachment that you encountered during your second ouija session. The sadness and depression you experienced when storing the board in your closet after the "insignificant" session at 19 years old were empathetic feelings that you were picking up from a spirit you opened a door to.
Whether it was this spirit or another that coerced you into your obsession four years later, I do not know. But the mental manipulation of needing to learn about using the board again, the decision to buy a "vintage" board, and the knowledge that the board had been delivered to your house even before anyone notified you that it had arrived, were more than just your own thoughts and actions.
So who is Vincent? You knew his name and his birthdate before you even played... This is not a lucky guess or even a psychic premonition in my opinion. Although he has not shown himself to be predatory, I think he is.

Lou

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: