You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Haunting On Lincoln Street

Real Ghost Stories

Haunting On Lincoln Street

 

It all starts when I lived in Carrollton, Missouri. Carrollton is known for its ghosts. We had just recently moved there, and a week after we had moved in, the strange things had begun.

My first encounter with a ghost was when I was in my bed. I was just about to fall asleep, when I heard what sounded like children playing on the steps. I thought that maybe my dad was down stairs watching T.V. And had turned it up for some reason, but when I went into the hall, I noticed that my dad was in bed asleep. Terrified, I slowly turned my head to the stairs and saw nothing!

Other encounters include when my dog wet on my mattress that was on my bottom bunk of my bunk-bed so I had to sleep on my top bunk. On my first night, I was awoken by a creaking sound that came from the attic. It sounded like someone was in the attic, walking around. I was horrified and prayed that it would stop, but it didn't. So night after night I would listen to the creaking noise it felt like I was being tortured. Later on I was in the attic and noticed that where I had been hearing the footsteps, there hadn't been flooring for years, now there was just installation.

I need answers! Please tell me what the people who will live there can do (we have moved out and the house is on the market, if you are interested in buying, leave a comment) I will leave more stories about other encounters.

PLEASE HELP EXPLAIN!

Other hauntings by Iluvanimals8

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Iluvanimals8, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AUSTRIA (4 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-20)
I don't know. But nice experience.
Be happy always.
AUSTRIA.
😁 😁 😁
Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Ill try. And yes, I do believe Windsor is near Carrollton.
-Danny
megz2011 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Iluvanimals8,
I lived in a town called Windsor, Missouri. I'm not sure if its anywhere close to Carrollton, but I had some of these same occurances. Most of mine took place in the basement, but some were in the attic as well. I would hear footsteps everywhere in the house. Sometimes it seemed like there were footsteps inside the walls.? Ahh! But look for my story.
-megz2011
Iluvanimals8 (4 stories) (41 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
The-Red-Daisy, We know that the ghosts arent harmful, Mary is one of them and she was sad when we moved, you could feel the sorrow...
The-Red-Daisy (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
If the spirits don't seem harmful, all the new owners need to do is ask the resident ghosts to please leave them in peace and move on. They don't mean to intrude on the deceased, but it's time they advanced into the spirit realm.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: