You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Ghost Child

Real Ghost Stories

My Ghost Child

 

I've always wanted to be a mother, though I never expected I'd be one this early in life. I'm 17 years old and I have an 8 year old adopted daughter. Well, if you want to be technical, she's 138, having been born in 1872 and dying in 1880 from cholera. Her name is Sarah.

Being a clairvoyant medium, I tend to attract things... Spiritual things. Sarah is one of them. I first met her and her older sister Emily when I was about 14 years old. It was an ordinary night in mid-November when I had a strange dream. Two little girls appeared, standing at the entrance of the hallway. I got the feeling that they were sisters. One of them was about 12 years old with dark brown hair, wearing a green dress and the other was about 6 with curly blonde hair, wearing a brown dress. They introduced themselves as Emily and Sarah and told me that they didn't mean any harm. They had nowhere else to go and hoped it would be alright if they could stay with me for a while. I agreed and asked if there were any spirits besides them in the house. Emily said yes, telling me that there was one more. "It's a man," Sarah piped up, "and he's not very nice. You should stay away from him!" And with that, the dream faded away.

The next morning, I remembered that dream vividly, though I knew I had to keep the info to myself. Neither of my parents knew of my abilities and people at school would think I was crazy. However, I soon got proof that I wasn't a lunatic, as strange things started happening around the house. The dishwasher seemed to have a mind of its own. It would open and shut its door at random intervals. My brother's toys would spontaneously become re-arranged. Some of the battery-powered ones would turn themselves on and move around the carpet like they were being played with. The house was very active for a while, but by the time I turned 15, it died down. However, I still knew that the girls were there.

For a long time, nothing happened in the house and I was beginning to think the girls had left. They hadn't. They'd merely been dormant for a while. Sarah was back, but Emily was not. She had crossed over, much to Sarah's disappointment. She was now entirely alone in the world. Naturally, I said she could live with me.

It's been several months since I let her stay and her presence is felt everywhere around the house. On occasion, I've seen her apparition standing at the end of the hallway in a dusty brown dress, giggling before running outside. Most recently though, she has communicated with me through a dream. Sarah told me her family immigrated to the United States from Cork, Ireland in the late 1850's. Her father fought in the Civil War, but got wounded and captured and sent to a POW camp. He came back alive, but very much changed (according to her mother.) He started drinking a lot as a means to cope with the horrors he saw during the Civil War. He was a violent drunk and would beat up his wife and later, his children. Sarah was often victim to her dad's attacks.

Sarah's mother was a bitter woman who had seen a lot of tragedy in her life. Over the years, her resilient spirit had weakened and life's hardships were getting the best of her. Though she wasn't unkind to her children, the mother wasn't emotionally available. Despite her unstable family, Sarah told me she had a happy life. She also informed me that there was a place called "shire" that was very important to her and she was blind in her right eye. Finally, Sarah hopes to find the spirit of her father and reassure him that she doesn't hate him for the way he treated her in life.

Thanks for reading!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The-Red-Daisy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
CuriousNEwoman - welcome to YGS.

I see you have been reading and commenting in some of the older stories, nothing wrong with that since there's a lot to learn not only from the experiences but from the comments section too but, I'm sorry to say, not all the stories published are necessarily true. Unfortunately many people have used the forum to write fictional events.

About this story, which was published before I joined the site, I would like to ask some questions even if the author, The-Red-Daisy, has canceled her account and there's no chance for her to answer.

- If she's a clairvoyant medium, how come she hadn't sense the presence of the male spirit supposedly staying at her place?
- What was the family reaction to the sudden activity?
- Has she tried helping Sarah to cross over?

I don't consider myself a person with a deep knowledge of the paranormal but, in my opinion, this story is questionable. IF the OP were who she claims to be, she should have known better than to 'adopt' a spirit instead of helping her to go to the only place where she could have a chance to meet her father's spirit.
But that's just me being a cautious skeptic, the previous posters were trilled by this story.
CuriousNEwoman (14 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-06-14)
The-red-daisy-
I have a question any this could go for and mediums who "adopted" a ghost child... Because I want to KNOW about these things...I'd like to know why you don't get these kids to cross over? Wouldn't that be the best thing? I've been fascinated by the paranormal for like 38 years. But have really had no one in my life to talk to about things. So being on this site is educational for me.
I'm not a medium so I don't know why you just wouldn't convince lost spirits to cross over. If someone could explain to me I would appreciate it.
Thanks.
Blessed be.
nyuboom (1 stories) (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-23)
Aw that so amazing, and also I am blind in my right eye as well:]
Ebbas_angel (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-11)
Wow. That's a great story and strangely similar to mine. I'm also a clairvoyant medium, and I have two adopted little girls called Ebba and Marianne. Ebba's been with me for four years now; she's swedish and she died at the age of 6 in the early 20th century. I've only known Marianne for a year but she's adorable, she was born and died in the 1880's.
It's great to find someone with so many similarities to me. If you want we can talk some more 😁
The-Red-Daisy (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-06)
No, the male spirit isn't her dad. I don't know who it is, as it comes and goes. All the same, she says he was a bad man, but I think he's left now. That spirit lingered in my brothers room and scared him to death, so I told it to leave. I haven't heard high nor low of it for a month or two.
ParaTam (3 stories) (80 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
The-Red-Daisy -
Thanks for posting your story to us. What a special encounter/relationship you have with Sarah. That is great that she told you so much about herself. I'll bet that makes it easier to understand her situation and not be afraid of her.

I don't think the male spirit in your house is her dad, because she would know that. He could be someone else who inhabited the house at a different time as her family did. Maybe he died of cholera with his chldren in the 1880s. Sarah may know why he isn't nice. HE is the one you should try to cross over - get him out of your house if you can. Or, help him find peace.

It sounds like you are taking this experience very calmly and rationally. Good for you! Keep that up. Just because she is a spirit doesn't mean your family and Sarah can't co-exist in the same house. It works for us!

Blessed Be,
ParaTam
Spirit_I_Private_Detective (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
She sounds like a sweet little thing 😁. I hope you can help her fulfill her remaining wish. The cemetery may reveal her last name, which could help track down records of her father. I suppose uniting them for a final talk would require knowing where his spirit is. Between your gift and a little field research, sounds like you're in for quite the adventure!
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
The-Red-Daisy: That is so fascinating! Please keep me/us posted as to what else your research turns up. I'm also looking forward to any future stories that you may have.😊
CapricornMoonLady (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
"Finally, Sarah hopes to find the spirit of her father and reassure him that she doesn't hate him for the way he treated her in life."

Are you helping her cross over?
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
Nice that you skipped diapering. And other child care costs are low. No health insurance worries. Almost as easy as gold fish, as long as the thing is what you think.
The-Red-Daisy (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-12)
In response to hippiechick83:
Thanks for the kind words and yes, I've done some research. From what I've found, a lot of Irish immigrants came through my state, especially during the 1880's, due to the Homestead Act. It's quite possible that Sarah's family settled here. Also, I found out about a place called Laurel Cemetary. It's just west of my town, between two major cities. According to the man who owns the land, it was accidentally discovered one day. The land was used for raising cattle for decades before the current owner decided to turn the pasture into a corn field. While plowing, he discovered the headstone of two little girls, then a baby, then more children. Before he knew it, he had unearthed a cemetary full of children. Most of the death dates were in the 1880's, when a cholera epidemic was recorded.

I have yet to go to Laurel Cemetary, but I've got a gut feeling it's where Sarah's buried.
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-12)
First of all, I would like to say that I loved, loved, loved your story! The details are fantastic and it was very well written. Have you ever tried to do any research to validate your claims? There's no better proof of Sarah than actual historical documents. That would be icing on the cake if you could find anything pertaining to Sarah or her family. That was a great story though. ❤
Ghostkid123 (1 stories) (7 posts)
-2
13 years ago (2010-10-12)
Well if she wants to see this so called "dad" eventually she will be asking you for almost everything in the world to get her and her dad ruinited... I recommecnd asking Sarah to diedown and to rarely come out unless you say so... Otherwise it can get out of hand BUT! You may do whatever you want.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: