You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Mom's Haunted Childhood 2

Real Ghost Stories

My Mom's Haunted Childhood 2

 

I hope you read the first story to understand what happened to my mom's family. My grandfather had a dream about crippling my great grandmother. She was really disappointed and told to him in a dream that she was unable to look for food and now he is going to pay her back. She would make sure that my grandfather's family would suffer just like grandfather made her suffered. I know when my mom told her story, it sounded like a movie. My mom said this is true, it was too the point where my grandfather's brothers, uncles, aunts, sisters, and cousins disowned them. They were afraid that he would spread the bad spirits to their families. My grandfather tried to stay as far away from them too. After the incident my mom's third sister died at the age of seven because of an overdose of drug. I asked my mom why would a seven year old commit suicide. I mean that's too young. My mom said that her third sister was too depress and just ended her life. My grandfather would not let them talk about ghost or tell any ghost stories.

One time my mom begged my grandfather to tell a story and he didn't want to. Then he heard a voice from my mom's dead sister whispering, "Dad tell us a story." My grandfather was scared but did not show to his children. My mom and her family moved from one place to another because they couldn't stand being haunted by the evil spirits. It's to the point they had to change their names. In the Hmong culture when you have a bad spirit haunting you, you had to change to a different name by tricking the spirit that you are no longer the original person; you are a new person or family. I don't know why they do that. My mom's family met this family that is willing to foster them short term and changed their names so the bad spirit would not haunt them. It did protect my mom and her family for a while. One day the foster family became upset because their five year old daughter died and thought it was my mom's families fault.

My mom's family had nowhere to go. Relatives were afraid and thought they were cursed. My mom said that she remembered my grandmother was so sick. She was so sick to the point she knew everything my grandfather was doing and she was speaking some weird languages. They tried to do their shamanism but it did not work. My grandmother almost killed my aunt using a sickle. My mom thought her sister was chopped in half. Before that my grandmother was not sick or possessed, she was begging my grandfather to convert to Christianity and hope this would stop the haunting. My grandfather was not ready. Towards the end, my grandmother died. I guess great grandmother was not joking.

Finally, it got to my uncle. He was having a seizure and was in a coma for several days and nights. My aunt said this kind of illness doesn't run in the family. My mom's family thought my uncle was going to die and they were begging my grandfather to find a pastor. If this exorcism works, then my grandfather would accept Jesus Christ. If this failed and my uncle dies, then grandfather will continue his shamanism. My mom said when the pastor came to pray, I can't remember for how long; however, my uncle woke up and was well. My mom said that grandfather threw his own shamanism collection away and decided to accept Jesus Christ as his savior. After that there was no haunting from my great grandmother. I think God blocked her for good. One thing that upsets my mom when she was searching for her lost relatives, they sort of thought that my mom and her family was extinct due to haunting in their lives. I know there are times my mom forgets about God and I keep telling her that she needs to be thankful that God helped and the bad spirit did not take her. But that will be another story.

Sorry this is so long but it's a true story. There are more to this story but this is all I can remember. I know it sounds like a movie but it's not. Like I said earlier, my mom must have the six senses or have this weird stuff occur to her. I hope I don't have her weird stuff.

Other hauntings by aherr

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Minnesota

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aherr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Keya_Ray (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-02)
this story is the scariest of all the stories I hav read so far... M currently hideing under a blanket... Such a such experience that I never wish to have...
MarthaXiong (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
Hmong parents back in the 1800s-1900s at Laos and Thailand will go through lots of ghost experience. Their can be tough moments for anyone going through those kind of moments for losing somone that you know because of one of your person in the other world. At least, now your mom and family are safe now than that should be good. XD
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
I'm so glad I didn't have to wait that long for part 2. 😊 Well it all makes sense now. I think... 😕 One thing is for sure she was mean lady in life and even worse after death. Ohh I finally realized who she reminds me of. That creepy old hag lady from the movie Drag Me To Hell. 😨 Great, well I won't be sleeping tonight. Very weird, but pretty cool story. Thanks for sharing it with us:D
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
And they all lived happily ever after... Wow that was one story.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
as wrong as it is... That was kind of funny.
It's OK. My family is nuts... I can see it now that I'm married, and my wife is able to point it out to me. Speaking of nuts, I believe the nut houses were full of people experiencing the paranormal, where family members would toss them away to quiet them.
aherr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
Kapsoit,

My great grandmother was the one who started this weird crap stuff. In the past I asked her more about the great grandmother history life and so on story but my mom just yelled at me to shut up and quit interviewing her. LOL!😆

I think my mom does not want to mention about the great grandmother at all. My mom is very superstitious about the dead ones that were cursed.

One time I even double dare her to mention the great grandmother to her relatives and see how they would react.
Kapsoit (5 posts)
-4
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
I wanted to hear more about your grandmother's poo stick. That was my favorite part of your first story. Maybe your family disowned you all because you're nuts.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: