You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Boy Who Had Something To Say

Real Ghost Stories

The Boy Who Had Something To Say

 

When I was a child of about 11, I had a friend and his name was Alan. Alan would sing me songs, and bring me candy. My father owned a gas station combination store. My father never told me this but he had caught Alan stealing from the store, and was not allowed to come there alone.

My fathers store was in a fork in the road, the road that went straight went to the Swannee River, and the road that turned left went to the Okefenokee Swamp.

One night I was helping my father close the store, doing the books and such. The store had two huge picture windows. We both look up and a car is coming up the road, then one of its headlights went out. My dad says someone must have hit a deer. The car continues down the road then turns left down the swamp road, when it did a terrible scrapping sound occurred. The car stops, then backs up and my friends bicycle falls off the front of the car. I started yelling that the car had killed my friend.

My dad and I go there where it happened, and sure enough my friend was dead.

On the way home from his funeral, I was walking on a dirt road, I heard something behind me, I turned around and there he was, in the clothes he was killed in, I could tell what he was wearing but I could see through it. About three years later we moved to Jacksonville Fl, we had a short on our light outside, it went out; I went to fix it, and there he was standing again, in the same clothes he was killed in, I could tell what he was wearing, but I could see through them. There is much more to this story then I am allowed to write on these pages. I will tell you when he was killed his mother thought that she heard him, she even called out, Alan are you ok? She heard him say "yes mom I am fine" this was heard after he was dead.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, legaltidbits, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

legaltidbits (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
Hi everyone, thank you so much for the kind remarks of your post. Someone asked me if I had ever seen Alan again, the answer is no, not since those two times I wrote about. I thought that I might have seen him once more, but I can't be sure. I used to work in a restaurant and we would get off work about 12:00am, after work we would go to one of our houses to unwind after our shift. This night we decided to go to my friend Terry's house. Once we got there we decided we needed a game that was at my house, so we got into the car and started to drive to my home. The weather was terrible that night, it was raining really hard and lighning everywhere. We turn into my neighborhood, the road leading into my neighborhood has a few curve's, we are going around the 2nd curve, and there was this young kid about 11 years if age, standing in the middle of the road. Me and my friend both comment that it was stupid standing in the road in the middle of the night, and really dumb in the rain, thunder, and lightning. So we kind of laugh it off, and my friend Terry turns and say's to me "Sheila I think we just saw a ghost". I am like what? Then I swear we both look at each other, and say in unison "OMG he was not even wet". Now some times when I reflect on that morning, I could swear the kid had on a red, and black flannel long sleeved shirt, and light colored blue jeans. That is exactly what Allan was wearing when he was killed.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
What a really sad story. I hope you will one day find out what Alan wanted to tell you. Thank you sharing your story, it must have beenr eally hard to write.

Surya
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-15)
Hi legaltidbits, your story touched my heart, it really brought tears to my eyes, and it is sooo sad. I think Alan still wanted to tell you what he wanted to tell you before he died. It's a pity he never had the change. Hey man... I'm so sorry for what had happened with your friend, and you will always wonder about this. Thanks for sharing this amazing story and yet so sad. Take care. Trix ❤
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
This is really a very sad story. Let us know if you ever have any further experiences. I think if you pray for him, that will be just as good as actually "seeing" him in person. Best wishes, and thank you for sharing your story. Your descriptions are so well-written, I felt like I was there!

Watersprite ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
Kapsoit - I've noticed out of the 5 comments you've made, you have received -3 Karma points. This is only my opinion, but you don't seem to be trying to help anyone here.

Most of your comments are rude and hurtful. They really aren't necessary. 😢
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-14)
yeah Kap, not funny. It is obvious you have no clue the pain a parent goes through, losing a child. If you were even slightly aware, you wouldn't make such a comment. It is obvious you have a lot of ground to cover, in learning life's lessons. Hang on, it's going to be a rough ride.
snowhite (203 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
Sad 😭 Well, if I were you, if I can see him, I'd talk to him and ask him what he wants to tell me, then I will help him to see the light. I feel sad for your friends. Some kids steal when they were little, but if the parents correct them right away and help them to do the right thing, a lot of them can grow up upright.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
legaltidbits - have you seen him since then? You said there was much more than you were allowed to put in the story. You added more in your comment, but didn't say whether or not you saw him anymore.

When Alan told his mom he was okay, it seems as if he was reassuring her. This could mean he crossed over, but we'll have to wait until you answer my other question first. 😆
legaltidbits (1 stories) (6 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
Alan in my story, was fishing with his mother right before he was killed. He asked his mother if he could come to my house, with the store in it. She asked if he had any money, and told him he could not go alone, because of the stealing incident. Alan ignored his mother and jumped on the bike, and was riding down the road from my house when he was killed. He told his mother he had to come to my home to tell me something, he never made it. She heard the accident when it happened, that's when she called out to him, and he answered her after his death. Both times that I saw Alan after his death, I was so scared that I could not speak, I wish I had, I would really want to know what he was going to tell me. Also the night that I saw him in Jacksonville, when my father got home I was screaming and crying telling my father that I had seen Alan. My father replied "I have seen him too".

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: