You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Radio Turns On by Itself!

Real Ghost Stories

The Radio Turns On by Itself!

 

First things first, I entered a story back in March called "My Haunted Home", but it was before I got a username on the web site, under the name of Ally, if you would like to check it out. I said in it that I had more ghost stories to tell about my home, because I think that it may be haunted by my great-grandma. I think that's because she died when I was a year old, and my baby picture was put into her casket on her funeral. I have three pieces of her furniture in my bedroom.

Here's one of my many (and more to come!) stories! I have an alarm clock radio near my bed. One night, my friend slept over my house and we were just sitting around talking. It was a little late, only 11:30-ish, and all of a sudden my alarm clock radio turned on! We just looked at each other, thinking something like, "What?" and I got up and walked over to my radio to turn it off. It has an alarm function that will make the radio turn on instead of a chime. But the alarm was off. It has a sleep function, too, but it's only activated by pressing a button. It happened a few times after that, once with the same friend over, around nine o'clock-ish, once with another friend, in broad daylight, and another time, one afternoon, I was home alone in my room, and once again, the radio turned on, no alarm, no sleep function, nothing. I threw down my book and said, "OK, that's enough! Please stop it!"

And it hasn't happened since.

Other hauntings by Daisy_Pink13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Daisy_Pink13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kattila (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-21)
Think I have kind of playful spirit at my place too. Just last night I woke up, when my alarm clock starting play sharp 00.00, which have never happened before. Lots of other things have happened before, but what makes me wonder, how come does it always have to do something with my bedroom... Like hiding my bed cover? Not just ones but twice. No, not sleepwalking. While I was away. Anyway, earlier, the best experiences I have got while being teenager. Now just happy having those 'spirits' back in my life.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-20)
Dear Daisy_Pink13,

Spirits like grandmothers like to do that, especially on meaningful days and times like you have mentioned in your comment. They like to let us know that they are present and have not forgotten such special dates and events that mark all of our lives with added happiness and love. Blessings, Abby

Dear Kelle,

Please excuse my tardiness at getting back to you with a reply, as I let the stories and comments get ahead of me, so I had to go backwards to find your reply post.

Ah, so your dad loves the true classics, classical music like Mozart. I too like classical music, and it is so beautiful to listen to in an orchestra/symphony hall with a full orchestra. Yet, FM radio is fine and more portable too, especially if it communicates messages of love sent over the airwaves just for us. Classical Blessings to you, Abby
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-15)
My friend, Gabby, said on the 5-year anniversary of her grandmother's death that at 12:00 that night her radio went off on her Grandmother's favorite song. 😉
Kellee (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-15)
Hi Abby, I myself am not really into classical music so not really sure what is what but I know he liked the really dramatic intense orchastra music, one of his favorite films was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and loved the music on this.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-09)
Dear Kellee,

Your posted comment would have made a great ghost story to have been submitted here on this site. What type of classic fm? Classics can go decades back 1900's to 2007. Classic rock, jazz, blues, r&b, soul, heavy metal, motown, instrumental, punk, rap, show tunes, country, etc., etc., and etc. 😊 --Abby
Kellee (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-07)
I had this two weeks after my dad died in 2002, firstly at 4.30am in the morning, it was just frequency waves, I told him to stop and it did. Then a few weeks later we came home to "classic fm", his favorite belting out (stereo off), this happended on two occasions, in the end we had to physically break the alarm clock. After that my daughters battery alarm clock went off with no batteries in and then we had the fire alarm going off at 5am in the morning (which scared the life out of me), there was no fire! My husband went to work by where my dad walked our dog with the dog in the van, he heard her going mad and found the other dog shaking and had wet himself. When he checked them all he could smell was my dads aftershave and later that day when he went to go, the radio had been tuned into "classic fm" from another station. About 10 months after this we had a friend working at our house doing the garden. To keep himself occupied he had a radio which was plugged into an outside socket. My husband and I were out for the day but our friend called us at lunch time to say were we trying to have a joke on him, of course we were oblivious to know what he was talking about. He went on to say that he had popped to the shop to get some lunch leaving the radio on but when he returned the radio had been tuned into "classic fm" and the tuner button would not work to tune it into anything else (permanantly). He thought we had been home and had done this to wind him up. When we told him all about the "classic fm" events he was quite shaken but we said its just my dad! Ironically my mum had a couple of wiered experiences as well, literally within days of him dying the house stereo came on by itself and started playing and then about a year after she heard her favorite song play out of the radio, she tried to turn it up but in vain and thought her car stereo was playing up, but when she stopped and looked at it properly the stereo had been off the whole time. I didn't have any experiences for a long time and thought he must have passed over until last week when I happened to sleep in my daughters room with her because she wasn't very well when at 5am in the morning low and behold her stereo turned itself on! I turned it off straight away but its reassuring to know that hes still around and about. I think he came again as I have just found out I am pregnant again and hes just letting me know hes there. Spirits are energy and radios are ways of being able to channel energies to letting people know they are there. Dont be scared, there just letting you know they are there and they care.
Daisy_Pink13 (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-23)
I'm not really that afraid of the actual... Whatever is in the room :) but I've heard stories and stuff, like faces coming through walls, stuff like that. It's kind of creepy.
kristy38 (5 stories) (52 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-22)
i am with redone1867 it sounds like to me it is wanting to play with you. I enjoy reading this and I will read more that you post thanks for telling us.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
Thank you for sharing your story with us Daisy. Looking forward to reading more from you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
redone1867 (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
I think you have a playful spirit in your home. I think it enjoys company as well. Some of us have spirits like that. My friend Anna has one that likes to hide things from her or pull the covers off of her. It's nothing to worry about. Especially since it stopped at your request.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: