You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Cousin's Vision

Real Ghost Stories

My Cousin's Vision

 

I am narrating an incident which is now almost 30 years old. We live in Delhi, capital of India. My father has three sisters. At that time two sisters were married and one was unmarried. Out of the sisters who were married, one was based in Delhi too. Since both she and her husband were working, they used to leave their kids (both girls) at my father's home where my grandmother and my (at that time) unmarried aunt used to take care of them.

This relates to my younger cousin who was about 4 years old at that time. Like all young ones, she used to look forward to her parents returning in the evening to take her back to their home. During the daytime, however, she used to enjoy the attention bestowed upon her by my grandmother.

My grandmother was in her 60s, she was apparently a healthy looking active woman with no past history of ailments. One day, when my cousin's parents had come home in the evening to take her back, she started to weep and clung on to her parents quite tightly.

Not realizing what the problem was, they comforted her and said everything is okay and that they are going home. It was a cold evening in January and it became dark too very quickly.

After they left our home, and had probably walked about 100 yards or so, my cousin who was clinging on to her dad, suddenly raised her hand towards the sky and said, look grandma is going somewhere.

My aunt and her husband were taken aback by such words and probably told my cousin to not to utter such things. But sure enough, within a couple of days, my grandma expired suffering from a massive heart attack.

My cousin was too young at that time to remember what she had seen, and currently does not have any recollection of that event. Nor is she now able to look/see/sense anything these days.

I wonder whether at that age she was able to sense something or whether she was hallucinating. This question continues to puzzle me.

Other hauntings by amit1807

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amit1807, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-28)
Well that was a touching story & yeah sometimes the little ones do look suspicious when suddenly they would laugh or cry looking at the walls when actually no one would be there. Something will always be left unanswered until eternity.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
amit1807 - Children do talk when they are born. If you think about it like this, when a child is born, we talk to the little beauties in what to us is a language the baby will understand. The child, is cooing away and laughing and crying, that is them talking to us or whoever they are seeing from their previous life.

Surya
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
Children and pets have that six sense about them - they can see things that some of us adults can not - their innocence can "tap" into a world that is unknown to us. I believe that your cousin did see her grandmother and that scared her. I agree with everything that SURYA has said - I could have not said it any better.
Great story
amit1807 (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Surya - I wonder whether this is precisely the reason that kids do not have an ability to speak as soon as they are born.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
Hi amit. Children are always perceptive towards spirit and paranormal activity. At least she got a warning about Grandma.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
lizgo47 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Hi I'm knew here and I think that your cousin could sense things before.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Often times young people seem to kn ow or have glimpses in to things we as adults can not see. It was a preview that your Grandmother was moving on.

Thanks for taking the time to share with us!
God Bless!
rath9375 (1 stories) (52 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
I love to talk to children about what they see and what the remember. My cousin who is 3 will tell me all about when he was a farmer and had to use the donkeys. He know way too much detail about life on a farm from the 1800's. There is no way he heard it in a story book or even from any movies yet.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Nice story, thank you for sharing it.

Children from the minute they are born are seeings scenes from their previous life. They are also more in tune with the spirits / ghosts / paranormal becasue they are pure. Their souls, hearts everything is pure. As they get older they start to forget. Hence as you said your little cousin has no recollection of that particular event.

Once again thank you for sharing your story.

Surya

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: