You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: The Haunting At Ruby's House

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunting At Ruby's House

 

One time I was at my friend's house, Ruby, and I swear there was someone, or something living in her house. It was about a year ago, and I was going to her house for the first time. We were playing around with her camera, and we heard the door shut loudly. I turned around to see who had shut the door, but no one was there. Ruby went into the hallway to see if her mom was the one to slam the door, but no one was there. Her mom was on the second floor, in her room watching T.V. I was starting to get freaked out, but I thought I was just imagining things like always. We sat on her bed, and we turned on her camera.

We were recording our conversation, since it was really funny. We decided to watch our recording, but when we played it, all that showed was black and white lines, like when you turn the T.V. To the wrong input or channel. It was also making a weird noise. Then we listened to it again, and I swore that I could hear a voice in the background. I thought it said something like "get out." But I wasn't sure. I thought it was so cheesy that it would say "get out" because I mean come on! Don't they always say that in old horror movies and stuff? I thought it was still pretty creepy, but I thought that maybe she was playing a trick on me. So I just ignored it.

We watched movies and had fun for the rest of the night, and when it was time to go to sleep, I had a little trouble because my imagination was eating me alive. I hate having an over-active imagination. I was scared that I was alone, considering Ruby was already asleep. I knew that if something did come after me, no one would be able to save me. I eventually fell asleep, but I woke up a couple of times. One time I woke up, I swear something was sitting on the bed. I could see a mark on the bed where someone would have been sitting. I woke up Ruby, and I couldn't even talk I was so freaked out. It wasn't there anymore when we looked back at the corner of the bed where I saw it. She said that maybe my imagination was getting to me, and we both fell asleep. When we woke up in the morning, we opened the window to get some air in her bedroom.

Then we saw this red Frisbee in her front yard, that wasn't hers or anyone she knew. I asked her whose it is, and she didn't know. So we were playing with some glitter, and we put it away in a drawer and locked it. Then we went to go eat breakfast. We had a conversation about how she thought that her house was haunted, and I agreed with her. She told me about a story that happened to her a week before, and it scared the crap outta me. It went like this:

"...Well I was going to bed, it was like 11:30, and I was in my bed and my mom was in the living room. I was about to fall asleep when my bed started shaking violently. I was about to fall out of it. My mom came running into the room, and the shaking stopped. I was on the far side of my bed, and I was so scared I almost peed myself. 'What's wrong?' my mom asked. She was standing in the doorway when the door slammed on her and I could hear her hit the floor. I couldn't open the door either, it wouldn't move. So I went to the window and tried to open it, it opened, and grabbed my phone before I jumped out. Then I ran to my aunt's house and she let me in. I called my mom and she didn't pick up, so I left a message on the receiver. I was scared as hell..."

I was so scared when she told me that. "Why are you here then? I would be so scared I wouldn't even come back here hahah." I said. We went back to her room, and across the hallway, there were sparkles all over the floor, and the container was rolling across the floor. We had locked them in the drawer, and we were home alone. We were scared to death, but I thought it was kind of funny. They weren't doing anything to us, just trying to scare us. It wasn't a threat. Then we went back to her room and the door was shut really tight. We had left it wide open. And the Frisbee was on her bed under the blankets. Now I thought that someone had come inside of her house and I ran outside. The screen was still on the window, and it couldn't have come off, they were nailed on. How did the Frisbee get on her bed if it couldn't have come through the window? And how was it shut so hard? It's been months and we still can't get her window open. She still lives there, and she's had many encounters with whatever is living there with her and her family.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kelliecrazy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mRose (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
I agree with SURYA...
Im sorry but I don't like your story... I can't understand your story and its not unbelievable... 😕
pigchee (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
Yes, I agree with many of the comments on here, sorry but it doesn't really make sense. Please if your making this up don't post it on here. Many people "Have" had experiences similiar to this event and its not a joke these things are serious and haunt you for the rest of your life. Trust me I've had an event similiar to this which still scares me to this day. I will post my experience soons as the site is accepting more stories. ❤
If this is true then it would be very scary
Take Care ❤
Scare_tactics (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
I agree with all the people here. Well, 1stly, how can you jump out of a window which is nailed shut? 2ndly, why would you possibly leave your mom alone? I know I wouldn't. 😕 But anyway this was a fun story to read:)
robertar (223 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-17)
I don't like dishonesty either, and believe in calling people out when suspect. But how wise is it to expect everyone else to use the site in uniformity? Or insist that they do?
margierules (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
i don't think a ghost can move a frizbee through the screen. They are paranormal. I don't think they can make a tangable object move through another tangable object.
applerose (13 stories) (139 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
Sounds like a really bad movie - the story can NOT be true - if it was 🤔 I would be moving - there would be NOWAY - I would re-enter that house - I agree with everyone on here - this story is MADE-UP.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-17)
Hi I must say a blind man with a stick can feel this story is not true. Sorry but I agree with everyone here. How old are you? I think your mind is playing tricks on you. 🤔
Potterwatcher1997 (13 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
This story was fun to read, but it doesn't sound very true. Well, at least not to me. One thing I noticed was that your friend left her mom and escaped, but that's the exact opposite of what I would have done! 😊
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+6
14 years ago (2010-10-16)
I as well, am confused. Are you sure this really happened? I agree with WReck72, in that, the window was nailed therefore, how could she have escaped?
Kelliecrazy, I really want to believe you, however, after reading your story again, I have my doubts.
If this story is made up, and I'm not saying it is, please consider the rest of us here on this site. We use this site, in order to try to understand our unusual paranormal experiences, which happen to be true. We are serious, and are only here to help each other.
So if anyone, is just making up false experiences, please know, that this is somewhat disrespectable, to those of us who truly have had unexplainable occurances.
Please, before, submitting anymore stories, ask yourself, is this a joke?, and if it is, please reconsider, and do not add to the immature kids, that find making fun of us, is entertainting.
Thank you, for your understanding, and God Bless You!

😐 😉 ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
I must echo the other commentss... How did she exit through the screen if it was nailed on?

Also, being a mom, if a door in my house slammed in my face with my child on the other side, well let's just say I would get into that room and I would answer the phone.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
I don't get how you this started as a threat then turned into something funny 😕
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
+7
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
Ok let me get this straight, you go to your friends house, play, watch TV, you take a video of you and your mate, see white lines, then you hear "get out". Anyone else hear "get out". Then you go to bed and your over imaginative mind imagines someone is sitting on the edge of the bed. Hmmmmmmm.

Then your buddy claims that her bed was shaking uncontrollably, her mom opens the door, the door slams her in the face, knocks her to the floor. Your buddy legs it from the window, and actually manages to take her phone with her, leaves her mom on the floor, legs ot to her aunts and rings her mom from there.

Personally if I was freaked out as was your friend or so she says, the last thing on my mind would be my phone. I most definitely would not leave my mom sitting on the floor either.

I don't think so somehow. Sorry I really cannot believe this is actaully a true story.
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
+4
14 years ago (2010-10-14)
I'm a bit confused how did she escape out the window before if the screens are nailed on?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: