You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Hand Under The Bed

Real Ghost Stories

The Hand Under The Bed

 

Growing up, I was always a chicken when it came to scary stories. My family and I attended church but back then as my sisters and I were younger we were not as spiritual as we are now. The first time I experienced this was probably when I was in 5th grade. It was a long time ago.

I remember it was a Sunday evening when my oldest sister's boyfriend came over. After watching a movie, my siblings and I all gather together with my oldest sister and her boyfriend as he told us many ghost stories. As the stories got deeper and scarier, I begin to cry because I was too scared. That following Monday morning, my two oldest sisters, me and my younger brother got up to get ready to go to school. I had two younger sisters who weren't in school yet.

In our house that we were currently living in, our bedrooms were all upstairs in the second floor while the kitchen and living room was downstairs. Right before my oldest sister was going to head out for school, she'd asked me to go upstairs to her room to go grab her jacket that she'd forgotten. Without hesitating I did as I was told.

My sister's room was very well organized since she was the only one out of all our siblings to have her own room. Her twin size bed was centered in the middle of the room against a wall and her bed sheets were nicely fixed. As I begin to look around for her jacket, which was hung onto the back of her chair that's when I saw it. I saw an arm, just from elbow down to the hands slip out from under her bed.

The hand did a half circle slide on the ground as it went back under the bed. At the moment, I thought it was my two youngest sisters who might had woke up early and decided to play in my older sister's room. I walked around the bed to the other side, bent down, and lift up the bed sheets to discover nobody under the bed. At that instant, I felt shivers through out my whole body as the hair from the back of my head raised. Unbelievable, I ran crying out of her room back downstairs to tell the rest of my siblings what had just happened.

Until this day, I can still remember the image of the hand sliding out from under the bed. It might've just been a quick 5 second but those 5 seconds still scares me until this day when I think about it. I don't know what might've triggered me to see that arm. But I tend to tell myself that it was just my imagination playing with me because of all the ghost stories I heard the night before. But I know for a fact that this really happened and not my imaginations. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone before?

Other hauntings by ImSmiley

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ImSmiley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheWillter (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-06)
I had a red arm came out from under the bed and infinitely stretch as its arm kept getting longer and longer I tried to run away but time slowed and I wasn't making any progress until I finally snapped out of it.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-05-29)
Rkpatton, I'm curious what other stories you have. Can you post one?

A comment about another comment on this story...I've always wondered if those of us that are afraid of being grabbed in bed (feet, hands, any part hanging off the bed) are afraid because of unconscious memories from when we were babies and everyone grabbed us at the feet or hands while we were in the crib or stroller.
Rkpatton (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-05-28)
When I was about a 6 year old girl visiting my Grandma, my Grandma, my older sister and myself were on the bed. A hand reached out from under the bed. I know it was real because my Grandma and older sister also saw it. There were other terrifying experiences in this same house.
Ceedeezz (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-18)
I was very young when I had something like this happen. It still bothers me to this day. I was lying in bed but unable to sleep playing with a bell my head board was more like prison bars so I had my arms hanging through them just ringing my bell when something reached up and grabbed it from me. I've never forgotten the long fingers and nails. I was so scared I immediately tried to go to sleep. I looked for my bell and never found it. That incident is still stick in my mind
Chosen_One101 (7 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-21)
wow!now that is creepy! I heard of people seeing things but that's not normal! 😨
Shaz101 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
You said that the night before, you had been told scary stories. So honestly, since you were so young, it might have been psychological. Your mind playing tricks on you. If it hasnt happened since, then that would be my guess. I'm sorry you're so scared though. XXxxXxxXx
Paranoid (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-12-23)
I only had a dream like that before, except the hand was pitch black with long fingernails. And it walked. Yea, crazy, but it was a dream. I was little
kellyjelly (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-03)
What did the arm look like? Was it wrinkly and old or was the skin young and normal looking?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Hi, I never seen them hand or body part from under the bed but I believe you even when every night I start walk to the bed ready go to bed even lamp turn off and I get spooky cause of dark room and image something is there that why jump in bed like something from under the bed going to grab me but it didn't whew! So I have no idea what your that come from does it have just healthy hand?
roseinbloom (4 stories) (117 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-22)
Very creepy. I wonder if stories like this, are the reason, most of us as children, have always been afraid of things, under the bed and in closets. I, as well, was afraid of being grabed, by a scary,"something", by way, of under the bed. Anyone out there, have any answers, as to why this seems to happen often and mostly to young children? It almost, seems there is certain truth, to this type of haunting, since so many of us experience almost the same things thruout our childhood. Thank God, these occurances, seem to diminish once we reach adluthood.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience! ❤ 😊
ImSmiley (3 stories) (3 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
Thanks for the responses.

JimD- thanks for your help, this occured back when I was around 10-12 years so it's been like 10+ years ago and I have never seen anything like it again.
haysw1012 (1 stories) (22 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
this is the reason why my mattress is directly on the floor, no space between the floor and the bottom of my bed.
JimD (431 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Hi;

Assuming it was not your imagination, it may very well have been a demonic test to see your response. A number of cases I've handled began with something terrifying but isolated. It may have stayed isolated, but the person played with a ouija board, etc. To discover more, and they did, I can tell you. The ouija board then opened the door.

If it returns, my counsel would be standard: Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds at night, and the names of Jesus and Mary. I hope it's gone. Email me if you need more. Dukes2352atAOL.com.

PS Thanks to the posters (you know who you are) who referred those 2 poor young women to me. I'm on it, and things are going well so far for them both, but it's going to be a fight, especially for one, but we'll win, I assure you - not that I deserve the credit, but Mary never fails.
girlheldtightdown201 (1 stories) (17 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
I have heard one of my relatives by marriage say they had a experience like that once but the arms came out of the side of wall in front of them and she screamed and when someone ran in they dissapeared, that's scary 😨
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
I also had an experience like that a few months ago. Except I saw the hand (which was also from elbow to hand) kind of swing towards me from around a corner of a wall and it was as high as my head. I got a fright, blinked and it was gone. I thought I was going to be smacked in the face.

Wonder what the connection is since a few of us saw it...
huendchen (49 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
I've always been afraid of things under the bed. Even now (at 23), when I turn the light off at night I race over and jump into my bed as quickly as possible because I'm afraid a hand will reach out and grab my foot in the dark. And your story has now completely fed that fear, thanks. Tonight I'm going to get into bed while the light is on and then prod the light switch off with a broom or something... 😨
scaredycat123 (1 stories) (8 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
i totally had the same thing happen like 3 months ago in my brothers room 😲

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: