You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Story Of My Gift

Real Ghost Stories

The Story Of My Gift

 

I've read many stories and felt the need to write a briefly about my life.

Since I was born in Ecuador, I've known, by stories from my grandparents, that my family has had close encounters with the other side. Stories that used to scare me as a child now make me feel happy and connected to my loved ones. My grandmother would see dead relatives and non relatives appear in our house late at night or at dawn. She was scared but came to peace with her gift. My mother also has experienced this gift, so have her sisters and brothers in many levels.

I never felt it as a child, some events made me closed to many things in my life, including this one. I understood my gift or "powers" when I was a teen and as a joke read cards (not tarot but the regular playing cards) to my friends. Suddenly what started as a joke started to come true, my mom caught on and would ask her friends to come over so I can tell them what was going to happen. Needless to say as a 14 year old, telling my mom's good friend her father and brother were going to die and having it happen exactly as I said it, was not my idea of fun.

Aside from the gift, we lived in a haunted house. We had always felt spirits around us, heard voices, etc, however, when we moved to this house (where previous owners had been devil worshipers and played with the Ouija board) things got out of control very soon. Needless to say this house was incredibly terrifying to everyone that set foot in it, strangely though, not for my family. We lived there for 4 years before selling it and traveling to the US but the memories we have will stay with us forever.

Recently I had a change in my gift. I had been "practicing" my gift always, reading cards to friends and family but out of the blue, while having some drinks with friends (was not drunk at all, had my first sip of beer) I looked back at the front door, we were all sitting in a circle talking, my husband who also a dormant gift looked at me and smiled. He said someone there? I nodded and we brushed it off.

Suddenly I felt sort of a switch in my head and looking at my friends (married couple) told them what they were thinking, doing, feeling and why. Told them about their passed lives and why they had the fears, fights and dreams in this life. I did not black out or anything, completely conscious but felt my hubby pinch me, looked at him and understood it was too much. They were both crying... Really crying. That was the start of me being able to tell anyone, even if it's only through a name or picture, a full description, passed, present and future as well as their previous lives.

I know this is a gift and take it as one, have fun with it and always control it. I don't like to see dead people so I've asked them to tell me whatever they want but don't make me see them. I can feel them and they feel me. No fear, no shame just thankful and having fun with this gift from God.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Syn412, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-20)
Hi Syn412

It's good that you careful and willing to embrace your gift. I feel the same as Zishu, do you think you can tell me anything about me too? I just have one question that I'm trying to find an answer too. If you feel you want too you can email me too. Thanks and thanks for sharing your story.
DCinAZ (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
It sounds to me that you're being very careful and making wise decisions. I'm happy for you and thank you for sharing your story. Leading by example, that's the wise way to go. ❤
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Interesting. You could become famous from that I have no doubt.

And I'm sure many people want you to tell them about themselves. Including me.

Can you explain to me things in my life that I don't understand, or my past life?
Idk if you can, but that would be cool.

I just hope that you ARE careful with this, and you understand it is a gift from God. Be careful though, only because I'm sure the devil could try to distort your gift in a sickening way.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
I am glad you mention in your response to control the gift. I realize that in your story you stated you are having fun with your gift;never take it for granted or use it as ill will towards other. I am glad you are able to embrace it.

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!
Syn412 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Thank you for your comments. Shlain, I truly believe that my experiences in life have made me come to peace with a gift that others may fear or reject.

You can control it by not fearing it. Control is key to developing or making it dormant. My husband has a very powerful gift (his mother and sister are very powerful with their own gifts and magic) but he does not fear it or want it so he simply ignores "them" when he hears them and takes it very matter of fact.

I think marrying him has also made my gift stronger because he does not fear it or tries to make me reject it. He takes care of me and you will find someone that does the same for you.

ZiShu, I only do this for people I chose to do it for. I have feelings and have seen a couple of things but will think about it before emailing you. I think we change people's lives with our gift, so why give it away when it's not required? That is just my way of thinking. But thank you for the message.
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-19)
Wow, you really made peace with your gift. I've been doubting mine lately. I've had my gift since I can remember. We don't have people here that can help me develop my gift so I'm sort of just free falling. Is there anyone that can help me?

To the author of this story: you are very brave. Seems like you have a very powerful gift. You were definitely meant to do something with it.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-18)
hey there, can you maybe tell anything about me with your gift? Send me an email message when you can please
It seems very interesting, I may have an idea how you can control this better

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: